• Tweets

• Replying to above  this was on the day that two store detectives approached me and my friend and took us into the back room and spoke to us when they explained they have been watching
    • as my learned friend above...and.. sadly because just like DCA's and initially yourself in this case, you believed they have some magical powers ...they DON'T. 85% of people blindly pay DCA's cause they know no better and think they are BAILIFFS. only the RETAILER can ever do court and none have done this on a silly member of joe public that did something stupid since the infamous 2012 Oxford case on retail loss. BAILIFFS can only ever be involved after you've been to court and lost a CCJ, fat chance re above... and anyway, no BAILIFF has any right of forced entry anyway on consumer debts even with a judgement so......... stop panicking and thinking everything that doesn't apply.. forget about them but p'haps a confidential GP visit might be a very good move... what slightly concerns me more here is:  who are 'them' that told you they'd reviewed a week of CCTV and come up with several shoplifting instances over that time amounting to the above? have you directly contacted or had contact from Sainsbury's? and know they HAVE done this? or is this DWF willy waving and they tricked you into  admitting several previous successful thefts... this is not the norm...  dx      
    • next step then await the N157 from her local court giving the time and date of a future hearing some month in the future. now she MUST file a witness statement 14 days (typically) to both the court and kearns .  so cant allow to much of a time lag before you are aware of that and get her WS done. wack us up 2 multipage pdf files please  one of what they returned for the CRP reply . and one for everything they sent back in 2022 you've found.  we do not need statements. ideally it would be nice to see their WS before hers is finally filed. dx  
    • Another interesting article in the Grauniad - Counterfeit barcode stamps furore carries echoes of Horizon scandal | Consumer affairs | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Royal Mail admits its scanners ‘make mistakes’ but stands by the process it uses to detect fakes as ‘robust’  
    • DWF can't do anything as they act for a client. In this case, Sainsbury's. Sainsbury's could take you to court and ATTEMPT to get a CCJ but it's unlikely. They had no interest in dealing with you at the time. All DWF can do is send out pointless threatograms. They'll threaten to divert an Iranian drone to your house if you don't pay. However, they can't attempt to get a CCJ against you. IGNORE THEM. It's more important now to understand why you were allegedly shoplifting, and you should speak with your GP and try and get yourself signposted to the support that's available.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NPOWER - Complain, OFGEN or other route

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stalling, most probably. But there is a clause in the Data Protection Act 1998 which allows a data controller to request more infromation to satisfy them as to the identity of the person requesting the information:

3) Where a data controller—

(a) reasonably requires further information in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making a request under this section and to locate the information which that person seeks, and

(b) has informed him of that requirement,

the data controller is not obliged to comply with the request unless he is supplied with that further information.

If you've not moved address, the account is soley in your name and you were able to quote your account number in your SAR to them - it probably would be a little unreasonable to request two forms of ID. They didn't ask for any ID in our situation. The form wasn't necessary either.

Ignore the listing of the dates and times. You are entitled to everything they have regarding you and your account. Perhaps best to supply them with copies of ID so they don't have an excuse not to comply with the SAR.

Wouldn't bother with the form but would make clear you want all the information they have about you. Think the only reason they use those forms is to get people to "agree" that Npower only needs to provide the bare minimum, as per this in bold:

8) Provisions supplementary to section 7.

(2)The obligation imposed by section 7(1)©(i) must be complied with by supplying the data subject with a copy of the information in permanent form unless—

(a)the supply of such a copy is not possible or would involve disproportionate effort, or

(b)the data subject agrees otherwise;

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I agree completely. This is stalling.

If there is nothing changing your personal details and they have been sending bills previously exactly to that address then there is no reason for them to ask any further identification.

In terms of asking exactly what you want – exactly as you've been told above, you are entitled to all personal data.

In order to hurry it along, I suggest that you provided with some kind of ID like current energy bill. But after that, I suggest that you tell them that the clock is ticking. The 40 days has already started to run its course. That your details are exactly the same as when they had your account and they were mismanaging it and therefore you consider that they are just prevaricating.

Finally point out that your subject access request is asking for all personal data and that they are not entitled to ask that question.

Tell them if they do not satisfy your 40 day deadline then you will be making a complaint.

Get the letter off now.

Cheers guys, I thought as much. I'm not near the PC until this afternoon but will type up a letter as suggested and copy some ID for the sake of not giving them any excuses (I'm at the same address, was the sole account holder and they continue to send bills erc here!).

Each passing day BF proves what you warned me at the start, it is clear only court action will move these people.

Today's post brings yet more good tidings from our friends at npower - it seems I must act now to avoid court action. Seemingly this will bring with it all sorts of dire consequences. Then again it is only 'likely' that they will try to recover the balance via the courts, according to Mr Pickles. I also note the letter doesn't state letter before action - I thought surely it must if they actually plan to issue.

With a bit of luck they'll issue proceedings and save me the trouble and cost.

Is there any hard evidence to show Mr Pickles is no longer with Npower?

His LinkedIn shows he is still working there, although it is entirely possible he has not updated it.

Edit:

As per batman1956's post below (thank you!):

This is an extract from a thread on npowers' official Facebook page.....................npower Hi Carol, Gareth Pickles used to head up our Customer Services area but no longer works for npower. Myself and the team are here to help if you can send over your account details in a private message. Carmel

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

Well there or not his name is on the letter. I've emailed to add to my complaint but in reality I've emailed to add to the evidence I will be presenting as part of my case.

Now writing the letter about the SAR which I will post recorded delivery on Monday - I'll post it when finished for peoples opinion, corrections and suggestions to add impact

Ok, so this is my suggested response to their SAR letter, thoughts and suggestions for improvement anybody?

FAO: SAR Team

3rd Floor Bowes

CIC Team

Npower

PO Box 188

Houghton Le Spring

DH4 9DB

Dear Ms Barton

Re: Your letter dated 23/04/2015 regarding account number

I was somewhat surprised to receive this follow up to my SAR request some 3 weeks after you received my request and payment of the statutory £10.00 fee.

As you will undoubtedly be aware from looking at my account, my details have not changed. The address is the same as the one the mismanaged account related to and you have been quite happy to send bills and reminders to me at this address without any identity verification. Your letter feels very much like little more than prevarication. Nonetheless I have included a copy of my driving licence and recent council tax bill as absolute proof of my identity to ensure the process is not unduly delayed.

As I am sure you are aware the legislation is quite clear, you have 40 days to comply from receipt of my valid SAR with payment. The clock started on those 40 days when you received my request. I will be reporting any failure to meet the 40 day deadline to the information commissioners office.

On a final note my request was clear, I require ALL personal data including, but not limited to, any recordings of calls, screen notes, account notes, bills and statements. You are not entitled to require me to specify which data I require.

I look forward to receiving the requested data by the deadline date. For the avoidance of doubt I calculate this date to be 11/05/2015.

Edited by L1882
remove account number - oops

Did you pay by cheque? and has it been cashed? - when?

Please can you check with the post office the date that the order was cashed.

We need the encashment date because if they had any doubts then they should not have cashed them.

Please get the date

Ok I'll try and get that - I will have to find the post office receipt for the PO's (wish I'd sent a cheque now, so much easier!) and then ask for the encashment date as I didn't record the numbers sent with each request - didn't even realise you could check when they had been cashed.

I never understand why people send POs rather than cheques.

I also don't understand why people don't keep PO stubs when it is so obvious that if something goes wrong then they have no comeback without them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's good news. Let's find out the date it was cashed. It might help a lot

In the end I see this as the long game anyway. The longer they mess about the more threatograms I get then the more weight they add to my case when it's brought for the enduring stress and worry they are causing me.

So developments today. I received a call advising me my complaint was being looked at and I should hear back quickly - maybe today but certainly in next 2 weeks. Now received an email which basically saying that as a result of problems at their end the bill was late and qualifies for a write off but this needs authorising and will be confirmed.

IF they do refund do I still have good grounds for a case as a result of the distress and inconvenience caused - or would the courts likely view that in a dim light?

I'd hang fire a bit and see what their SAR reveals. But from what you've said so far, they've badly mismanaged your account which is still a breach of contract.

Even if they do "write the bill off" - who's to say the bill was valid and accurate in the first place? Experience has shown they don't have a bloody clue at the best of times.