UK CPS Parking charge in Hull - intended appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in West Quay Retail park today 16/10/14 at 11:10. as I intended to shop at Maplin that is situated at this place.

I parked right under the sign where the parking regulations where stated tho I couldnt read the small print as the sign is about 12 feet high and i wear varifocal glasses meaning i have to look through the bottom of them to read small text and I could not bend my neck far enough back to do this because of the height of the sign.

in large print it clearly states 1 hour maximum stay with no return within 2 hours.

I walked out of the car park at the back looking for a cash point and and then around the front into maplin, left to do more shopping in the town as I was well within the 1 hour,

on returning to my car at 11:45 i had been issued a ticket with a time of 11:33 with reason for issue being Driver/passengers observed leaving site!

The issuer was as I noticed the ticket issuing a ticket to another car,

I informed him i had shopped at Maplin and showed him proof.

he refused to cancel the ticket and actually informed me he knows of other issuers that have been sacked for such actions.

I had misplaced my receipt from Maplin so went back to see if I could have a copy but purchased another item

STILL WITHIN my 1 hour and returned to my car.

At this point the issuer returned to me saying he had phoned his boss and I was instructed to follow PART 2 of my ticket.

This is the story thus far.

on returning home I phoned Maplin and informed them of the ticket saying I will no longer be shopping there if tickets are issued in such a manner.

I dont believe I should have been given a ticket for the following reasons,

I could not read all of the sign,

I shopped on site and was well within the 1 hour!!

Do I stand a chance of winning if I appeal?

I have uploaded a photo of the sign from the car park.

ticket was issued by UK CPS Ltd

You wait for a Notice To Keeper in the post from UKCPS.

This has to be after 28 days from today.

Can you post up a redacted copy of the ticket in PDF format. Also convert the sign picture to PDF please so it can be read.

You will ALWAYS win against this shower of muppets. They are one of the stupidest PPC's in the country.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have converted the Ticket back and front to PDF and Uploaded, I have blurred vehicle details and ticket number also the ID of the issuer, the Sign is now PDF too but doesn't look too clear! but is about all I could read anyway !

Sit back and relax. They cant do anything until they send the NTK out which is 4 weeks from now. Then you can really get them annoyed and make THEM pay a good sum of money :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The idea that you can be penalised for leaving the site is laughable. Apart from the obtaining the proof necessary to show you did would break the law there is also a case precedent that leaves such a claim dead in the water.

Make them spend their money contacting the DVLA and when they do write to the keeper of the vehicle you can then complain to the DVLA about the misuse of your data as the parking co had no lawful reason to obtain it.

• 1 month later...

Now you send a written appeal to UKCPS as keeper, denying all liability for the debt. Put them to strict photograhic proof that the driver left the site on the day in question. Of course they won't be able to provide this. Make it clear that you are expecting a POPLA code to be provided should they not accept the appeal. Send back via recorded delivery and wait for their next move.

• Confused 1

Please see my thread posted today " Advice on this Parking Charge Notice" posted today. I am in the same position as yourself. One thing I found is that West Quay Retail Park does not exist. Checked with the council and the shops addresses. Maybe thats why they use the word ' site'. I intend to ask for any data or photographic evidence that they are holding.

opde: I would go with;

As the registered keeper of the vehicle bearing the registration XXXX XXX I am in receipt of your Notice to Keeper (NTK) reference number XXXXXXX dated XX/XX/2014. As registered keeper I wish to invoke your appeals process, as any and all liability to your company is denied on the following grounds;

The driver on the day in question has no recollection of leaving the site.

In any event, a person leaving the site would not be a valid reason for issuing an invoice for punitive losses, as held by Vehicle Control Services vs Ibbotson (Heard by District Judge McIlwaine - Scunthorpe County Court on 16th May 2012 - Ref: 1SE09849)

Additionally, since your NTK does not contain any photographic evidence of the alleged infraction, as prescribed under schedule 4, paragraph 10 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, this ticket should be cancelled immediately.

These points and others will be raised with POPLA should you not accept this appeal.

Please confirm your cancellation of this ticket within 35 days of this letter, or provide a POPLA verification code.

Fill in the gaps, Sign it off with your name and signature, set it out as a formal letter etc. Get free proof of postage from the post office in case they claim not to receive it. If they've got any sense they'll drop it there, as they know they'll get spanked at POPLA.

• 2 years later...

that's not the way to deal with it

things have changed

thread is from 2014

start a new thread

of your own please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh dear.. Yup, I just got one, Maplins, Hull. Yup i'm going to tell them where to put it. Worryingly it wasn't there when I left the carpark but was there at WORK yesterday!
Before you rush a reply to them, use tihis forum for help and advise on how to handle it. I jumped in at first before i foung this forum, but then used the advice given to me and it worked great. Just be aware the Parking companys may be listening sometimes on here.

Also, only ever PRINT/TYPE your name. If you put your SIGNATURE they may be able to upload that to fabricate a document that appears to have been some agreement between you and them (e.g. admission that you were the driver, or that you accept that you are liable for the charge).