Worried - DWP Invitation to office interview - ** RESOLVED **

maggieomx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JUST ANOTHER THING ITS NOT BEING HELD AT MY LOCAL OFFICE ? its being held at one further away , I live in Manchester this is being held in Cheshire east ?about 10 miles away ?? why is it not at my local office ??

It'll be at the office where the guy works. Not every office has its own Compliance team. As Jasta11 says, make sure you claim travel expenses - if you can't use public transport and will need a taxi, be sure to confirm this with them in advance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie, these officers investigate two things - the first is random checks on claims to check for error. What happens here is that a national insurance number is chosen at random by a computer and the officer checks to see if there were errors in processing the claim - basically checking that the person who put the claim on to the computer made no errors - so checking on the processors' error rates. The second is to check on allegations of fraud that they think have no genuine basis - just to give the claim a quick look and tick that they've checked it and (as they thought) no fraud there - they have to check all allegations.

If they genuinely thought you were committing fraud, they would hold the interview under caution, but basically because they are well aware that some people try to make life difficult for benefit claimants by making allegations that aren't true, they handle it this way.

So it could be either thing, and if you've done nothing wrong then there truly is nothing to worry about. If I were called in for one of these checks, I wouldn't worry at all.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Panicking so much my dr has upped my valium to 2 x 5mg a day !!,

feel a little better now at

least the shakes have stopped thankyou xx

Edited by maggieomx
spelling !!

It's just human nature to worry - when a workmate comes up to you and says 'Hey, the Managing Director wants to see you' we always assume something is wrong.

Last time I had that happen, all he wanted to do was to thank me for helping a new guy settle in to the job quickly. (I'd rather he'd kept the thanks and stuck an extra £50 in my pay packet but you can't have it all can you!)

Before my compliance interview I went through the customer compliance guidance / freedom of information request response I found online. It says they are not allowed to tell you what it is about before the interview because it may prejudice the investigation. They have to say "it is to ensure that you are getting the correct payment".

Correct payment: payment continues if you done nothing wrong. Incorrect payment: when they pay those who commit fraud. So they check to see if all is in order to ensure claimants only get their rightful money.

There are loads of malicious allegations and JCP can tell when it is probably not true as no evidence is provided by the person who makes the report and in these cases they do a compliance interview rather than interview under caution.

They have a duty to investigate so they have to check unless the allegation is something absolutely impossible. Like a wheelchair bound 60 year old lady works in a pole dance club on the pole. That they would not look into.

i rang this morning and hes not in thursaday or Friday ! typical and she cant get into his computer to see what its about ,

kk3582 if that's his title that means in being called in for fraud ? his title is fraud and error service compliance officer , if it was only a routine interview why is it not done by a compliance officer, but by a fraud and error officer ? I shakeing with fear and worry

Why are you worrying if you haven't done anything wrong, show them all documents they've asked for, I got call a while back and showed them everything bank statements the lot and never heard from them since. You are stressing yourself for no reason.

the reason im flappin so much is recently I read if someone is suspected of fraud even if it is unfounded they will stop your DLA and try and get you tested to go on PIPS ,and the people who are tested this way normally lose out and ended loseing their DLA and PIPS as their not disabled enough ,

Do not worry, they have more than likely received an allegation, they have to investigate all allegations they receive even if someone is just trying to cause trouble, if its not under caution it basically means that they don't have much....

Maggie, this compliance interview is on the administrative side of the claim, not the disability side. There is disability compliance checks - it used to be called (if I remember rightly) the 'right payment programme' (or something like that), and the way you'd know you'd been selected for a check, would be a reassessment form arriving in the post. For suspected fraud on the disability side, they investigate and either dismiss the accusation as baseless or gather evidence then call the person in for an interview under caution.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

quick story for me is my son was married had a son now 5 we looked afteter him at weekends and when she was off work or was working with no problems with her !!

about 2 years ago she met a fella got pregnant had the baby last December, 2 month before she had the baby she stopped the contact we had with my g/son we,v not seen him in 18 months its before the judge for 2nd time end of april, end of last month we got a statement saying my son shook the baby made him sleep on floor always left him with me beat up the wife and tried to set fire to house all the normal crap!! oops and she said my grandson came home with morphine tablets from my house ,,,YET iv never been on morphine tablets !! liquid morphine yes tablets no !! she wants to stop my son seeing his son because she wants a nice family life with her new fella and the 2 children without my son

yet 12 months ago she signed a statement saying my son was best thing since sliced bread with his son !!

cut the story short,,,,,

now its due back in court again is it a

coincidence or what a get a call to this interview ??!!

is someone trying to cause trouble ??

or has somebody got a big nasty gob !!

Edited by maggieomx

Can't say for sure that it's a coincidence - it could be someone trying to make trouble, given everything else that's going on. But it's the Compliance team. Even if someone has made some allegation against you, it doesn't seem that the DWP are taking it seriously.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

my interview is on the 14th april at 10.40 am

More than enough time for you to get worked up over nothing. The issues you mentioned with your son would not be of any concern to the DWP. If child abuse was being investigated, it would be social services and the police.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I know it has nothing to do with the dwp i was just showing whats going on here at the moment !! And exactly got another week to wait for it , my son looked after my g/son for 4 years every weekend and when she was working? And needed a baby sitter, right up to 18 months ago when she met her new fella !! Ago !!And like you said social services would of investigated it a couple of years, when it was supposed to of happened !! Not when she remembered it 2 weeks ago !

The so called abuse was supposed to of happened when he was 6 months old ??!! He,s now 5 !!

The reason i mentioned this is because shes duin her best to discredit us and she has started already to bring me into it by saying i gave g/son morphine tablets even though iv never been on them and now this seems like a coincidence its happened now or the social have got good timeing ??? Sorry for rambling on x

Edited by antone
Convert to mixed case

If you have done nothing wrong they have achieved nothing by trying to cause trouble- other than causing you a load of worry. Don't let it worry you any more- don't hand them that victory. Just look upon it as a review of your claim x

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Sorry for the capitals its late in the day and my eyes are tired and i cant read properly when there like that xx

Not to worry, I hit the caps by mistake a few times, good luck ....

PS

Love your review's on tp http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g274772-d647063-r187454469-Oskar_Schindler_s_Factory-Krakow_Lesser_Poland_Province_Southern_Poland.html

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Sorry for the capitals its late in the day and my eyes are tired and i cant read properly when there like that xx

Hello there.

I really don't like reading all capitals either. You can edit what you wrote in the first 24 hours if you click on the Edit Post button at the bottom of the relevant post and then retype it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I converted it to mixed case using this handy site. Paste in the all-caps text and choose the "Sentence Case" button.