Edinburgh College, Smart Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I was wondering if you could help my colleagues and myself.

We were all recently issued PCNs by Smart Parking for not displaying visible permits during our time in the Edinburgh College car park (They only recently went over to this new system, previously we have had no problems as it was college run). We all attend the college, but do not have permits. We are all still within the 14 day pay area and wondering what would be an appropriate course of action.

The PCN is for £60, reduced to £30 if payed promptly and if not paid after the 28 days an admin charge of £40 is incurred. Just for you knowledge.

If you require anymore information I will be happy to answer.

Thanks in advance,

Gurk

Yes, the system was recently put into place, you can only apply at the start of the college year for a permit and they are no longer issued. Previously you were able to park without any problems so most people didn't bother, including staff.

You can happily ignore Smart Parking as the PoFA doesnt apply to Scotland and there are likewise no laws of trespass that can cause a claim either. You dont owe them a bean. The £40 admin charge is as unlwful in England as it is north of the border. Not that Smart are they?

What you must do though, is to make sure the college disciplinary policy doesnt have anything in it that can cause you problems in the future such as having debts to the college or regulations about taking cars onto campus without permission. Chances are there is nothing that would be detrimental but worth checking as it wouldnt be good to find out later when they refuse to award a degree because this isnt clear.

The parking tickets dates are 24/04/03 (That is correct by the way, my car is a 55 plate!) I'm not too worried about the disciplinary policy as I am only here for skills training till May now and have nothing else to be awarded. I am also pretty sure they do not have any policies that would be detrimental. If the case above is true, is there the possibility to complain about Smart Parking to relevant authorities?

wouldn't bother

just ignore them

theres nowt they can do to you in Scotland.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...