Carter said i'll get court claim in 48hrs - next month got CCJ - nothing in between!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Got a letter from Bryan Carter this morning, dated 29/08/13

informing me that as I had not paid the monies owed to Lowell financial,

they have issued litigation proceedings in the county court .

I will receive the claim forms in the next 48 hours.

What does this mean? Have no idea what this debt is for and not had any previous communication

Any ideas?

Thanks

No letters from any debt collection agencies??

Carter is known for misuse of the court system.

Get this sent today by recorded deliver.

FAO Bryan Carter

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Date:............................:

Ref: use Carters

Dear Mr Carter,

I have received a threatening letter dated xx.xx.xxxxx in which Bryan Carter solicitors state that a court claim is about to be issued within 24 hours.

Take note I have no knowledge of any debt to your client and all liability is denied.

To send such a letter when NO previous contact has been made by your firm our your client will now result in a complaint to the SRA immediately.

I suggest you withdraw any claim immediately and also take not that any claim WILL be rigorously defended.

GET THIS AWAY NOW BY RECORDED DELIVERY.

Edited by ims21

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

what debt do lowlife claim you owe

who was the original creditor?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Carter just mentions Lowell, OP has not it seems received any previous correspondence.

Another instance of Carters misuse of the court system???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Carter just mentions Lowell, OP has not it seems received any previous correspondence.

Another instance of Carters misuse of the court system???

Hmm... Carter... Yes i think we are looking at another misuse of the system... Why are there not procedures in place to stop them from doing this.?

Then again i suppose the system is designed to offer anyone the opportunity to claim whatever....

Am i right in thinking Lowell buy (I mean buy to own) the debts and then they can just issue proceedings?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes they can start proceedings, and Lowell are very keen on misusing the bankruptcy process by issuing Statutory Demands for Payment on debts just over the £750.00 threshold.

pandoradeus, when you receive the claim form (if indeed one has been issued) please let us know immediately.

We will need to know the issue date - top right hand corner and also exactly what it says on the claim form - the reason they are issuing the claim.

Would you be able to scan that letter from BC to the thread, please ? If you follow the instructions below, there should be no problems.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all personal info including barcodes etc. using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new message box here

hit go advanced below the message box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB: you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

Then hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No letters from any debt collection agencies??

Carter is known for misuse of the court system.

Get this sent today by recorded deliver.

FAO Bryan Carter

Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

Date:............................:

Ref: use Carters

Dear Mr Carter,

I have received a threatening letter dated xx.xx.xxxxx in which Bryan Carter solicitors state that a court claim is about to be issued within 24 hours.

Take note I have no knowledge of any debt to your client and all liability is denied.

To send such a letter when NO previous contact has been made by your firm our your client will now result in a complaint to the SRA immediately.

I suggest you withdraw any claim immediately and also take not that any claim WILL be rigorously defended.

GET THIS AWAY NOW BY RECORDED DELIVERY.

Thank you I will. But will have to do Monday morning. Does it mean they have already submitted papers or is it just a threatening letter?

pandoradeus, when you receive the claim form (if indeed one has been issued) please let us know immediately.

We will need to know the issue date - top right hand corner and also exactly what it says on the claim form - the reason they are issuing the claim.

Would you be able to scan that letter from BC to the thread, please ? If you follow the instructions below, there should be no problems.

Yes of course. I won't be able to scan letter in just yet, in middle of moving and everything's in boxes but will be found and done ASAP

Thank you I will. But will have to do Monday morning. Does it mean they have already submitted papers or is it just a threatening letter?

Unfortunately, this is something we don't know for sure.

In the letter did it suggest that you telephone them at all ? (This is the reason I suggested posting it up for us to see).

Bryan Carter has written letters before that imply that a Judgment has been awarded when no claim has ever been issued. Complaints have been made to the SRA which appears to be just another Industry Club and complaints to them never seem to go anywhere !

His letter dated 29th August suggests that you will receive the Claim form within 48 hours, in which case you should have received them today !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Carter as people have found out over the years is predictable only in one way, withdrawing claims and passing the account back to his client at the first sign of a defence.

Carter as people have found out over the years is predictable only in one way, withdrawing claims and passing the account back to his client at the first sign of a defence.

Yep - got rid of him twice now with a simple challenge. Cretin!

In the letter did it suggest that you telephone them at all ? (This is the reason I suggested posting it up for us to see).

Bryan Carter has written letters before that imply that a Judgment has been awarded when no claim has ever been issued. Complaints have been made to the SRA which appears to be just another Industry Club and complaints to them never seem to go anywhere !

His letter dated 29th August suggests that you will receive the Claim form within 48 hours, in which case you should have received them today !

What the letter says is:

As you have failed to make repayments on the above account we have now issued litigation proceedings in the County Court. You will receive the claim form in the next 48 hours direct from the court. The claim form will show the following items have been added to the debt.

Principal balance 1381.99

Interest. 102.67

Court fees. 80.00

Solicitor costs. 65.00

Outstanding balance to pay now (in bold) 1381.99

You can telephone is on 0845 3133128 to discuss this matter

Please note that the claim includes the additional items set out above which Lowell Financial is entitled to recover. A proportion of any payment made may be allocated to your principal balance with the remainder being allocated to fees

Costs and interest if applicable. The principal balance will only be reflected on your credit file with the credit reference agencies.

If judgement is entered against you and remains unsatisfied it will remain on the Judgement Register for six years and you may have difficulty in obtaining further credit.

Yours sincerely!!

No court papers arrived Saturday :-/

No sign of court papers and advised letter sent recorded this morning. Wonder if he will bother replying...

Very predictable is Mr Cart:!:er

• 2 weeks later...

fire him off this by recorded delivery in the morning.

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

leave the payee BLANK

post the two off by 1st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.[77/78/79]

[***DELETE AS NECESSARY FOR YOUR TYPE OF ACCOUNT***

77/78 - everything bar HP agreemwnts, 79 for HP]

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other [PC print yourname - do NOT sign it!]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I received a letter from Bryan Carter telling i was going to get court papers witin a couple of days months ago.

Nothing arrived

wrote to Bryan Carter and requesting a copy of original credit application,

and despite them returning postal order and telling me to get in touch with Lowell's, who they are acting on behalf of,

I have now received a CCJ.

I didn't get anything prior to returned postal order and ccj dropping on doormat.

Is there anything I can do?

I have no clue what this debt is for

Also received s letter from carters demanding payment in full by 20th of Nov despite ccj form stating £50 a month.

Any advice?.

Thankyou

If you never ever received any of the court paperwork then you can make application to set a side the CCJ. You have not changed address recently?

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread