ANPR Ltd - Parking Charge notice **Appeal upheld at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and am struggling a bit finding my way around. I think I've just tagged myself onto someone else's thread and now can't find where I put my message!!....I'm very much a novice at this and don't understand any of the jargon.

Anyway, I'll start again. I've jus been issued with a Parking charge notice from ANPR Ltd asking for a payment of £100 for 'trespassing' on a car park in The Precinct, Lodge Drive, Culcheth which will be reduced to £50 if we pay within 14 days.

They state that they have a contract with the land owners to prevent 'such incidents'. We parked on car park at 6.30 last night for an hour.

All shops were closed and we thought that it would be fine to park there as there were a number of other cars there too. The notice said we went to the pub, so there must have been someone watching and issued the notice immediately we left our car there.

I'm going to go back to the car park today to see what the notice says and take a photo of it. I've noticed that you have said to other people to ignore the notice, but as my circumstance is slightly different, I wondered if I should ignore it too.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by citizenB
formatting

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is best you have your own thread anyway, but for future reference - you should be able to see what posts/threads you have made or subscribed to by looking at your User Control Panel (identified as "User CP") at the top right hand side of the screen - near to the log out button :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:lol: It will take a little time to get used to things.. but you will :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If they don't want people parking there when the shops have closed (thereby causing no harm), then they should put a barrier at the entrance that can be dropped down at close of business.

ANPR cant clasim anything for trespass as it isnt their land. If you respond to them, tell them this and say that you will only discuss the matter with the occupier of the land and no them. Ther was no-one watching, the company plonks cameras down on other peoples' land and rips off people who then visit said land. They probably know that there is a pub there so guessed that is where you had gone. You could ask them for a copy of their registration with the Information Commissioners Off ice that shows they are entitled to spy on people going about their lawful business on premises where they have no authority to be watching.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had them in the past, I haven't paid them any money, the last letter I got looked like a court action letter but it was like a practical's of claims letter, telling me how much with my name and which court but that was it about 2 years ago didn't scare me in to paying it look official but wasn't, you can do one yourself looks good but that about it.

• 1 month later...
got a letter today from ANRP saying I owe £100 if settled now then says £40 for debt recovery costs,£70 for preparing county court evidence setting out case and £135 for judgement enforcing officers fees PER HOUR !!

Was the one you got on the first of September a notice to keeper, and what did you do regarding it?

Even if they win they wont get all the money they claim, they must be completely mad to think that they have a claim for such things. Their previous form is not good, no proper contract with landowner and terms that dont hold water so they havent gone further than scary letters and then pass your details on to debt Recovery Plus (plus what? they dont do anything) who write to you from their portakabin behind the pub.

we were on a night out in culcheth and parked in a car park opposite the restaurant we were going in.

when we got back to the car there was a ticket on windscreen time of issue was about 2 mins after I parked there so it was obvious someone was in a car watching, it was a Saturday night at 19:46. apparently the car park is for the use of customers visiting shops across the road which were all closed at that time and not for the restaurant we were going in. there was no barrier and no charges displayed or anywhere to pay, there was ample spaces

Appeal to ANPR they will reject and send you a letter like this!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=46935&d=1381940495

My reply on that thread!

Now see I told you they would be sneaky, they have asked you to write to them using the verification code. That code is date generated and is live for 28 days. Should you write to them and they delay their response it would put you outside the 28 day window. You now need to appeal to POPLA!

Explanation of the code here!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...code-mean.html

An appeal to POPLA on the grounds of the claim not being a genuine loss will win.

Hi Betty Boo here again. I ignored the parking charge notice that they sent me, but lo and behold, last month I got a letter demanding £50. I didn't pay but sent a letter that I found on your forum, basically saying that I didn't think I had a contract and that LDs werenot enforcable as were punitive. I asked, as letter stated, that they provide landowner details, copies of photographic evidence, diagram of where signs were placed etc, I don't remember on which thread I found the letter so probably have not explained what was in it very well. There was a lot of legal jorgon in it. In any case, I received another letter which completely ignored what I'd asked for and proceeded to spout off about what the numbering convention of their reference meant, and that I should admit liability. I ignored this letter, and have been sent another showing additional costs I will incur for debt collection agency and preparation of court papers. I responded to this saying not to contact me again unless through a court of law etc. and enclosed a copy of my original letter. I have kept copies of everything and when I find out how to attach them, I could send to you if necessary. Should I try to contact the landowner? Any advice would be appreciated.

No, ignore them, they are desperate for you to worry about this and if you keep contacting them they believe that their threats are getting to you. If you want to write to anyone, write to POPLA quoting the reference number they gave you and when that bounces back it will prove that they arent following the proper protocols but their time to act will be ticking away and thus they would lose any argument by default

Thanks for response. After their initial letter, I sent legal type letter (recorded delivery as advised on forum) which they have continuously ignored, Like Geoff, I got a letter on 1st October, quoting a 'verification number', which I ignored, then a week later a final demand. I then wrote back (I didn't quote their verification no.), sending a copy of my original letter, highlighted with all pertinent points (that was nearly the whole letter) saying that if they continued to ignore my request, I would complain to appropriate authorities, and would, if necessary defend their action in a court of law. I also said that I would have no further correspondence with them. Yesterday I received a 'letter of intent' saying that the debt of £140 would now be passed to H&S Litigation Services. We checked this out on internet and they appear to be the same people as ANPR, just another guise. When I write to POPLA, should I enclose all the correspondence that has been generated so far? I have letters I sent on my computer, but don't know how to attach them. I can't attach theirs, but I'm sure you've seen them all countless times as they are just standard letters.