Trip in car park

altcr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello can anyone direct me to the correct forum, I parked in Sainsburys car park managed and owned by a company called Eden, I had a nasty trip on a piece of metal sticking out of the ground where partof the raining for the trolley park had been sawn off and left about 2" sticking out of the ground, its also made a samll rip on my shoe. I am hoping to avois using a solicitor can anyone advise? Thanks

What are you hoping to achieve?

Were you injured?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did you report this to both the Sainsbury Management and the Car Park Management ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Also of note is that the carpark is owned by sainsburys. Even though Eden "manage " it, they still have no legal rights whatsoever.

As above, you need to give more info and if you have a valid "claim", take it up with sainsburys directly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I really hurt my big toe, I have an ingrowing toenail and it made it bleed also hurt my knee, I had a set to with Eden a couple of years ago when I lost my ticket and had my elderley mother with me and they were really rude so determined to follow it through. The staff at Sainsburys told me that the car park was the resonsibility of Eden. I don't normally agree with compensation but on this occasion I would like a small amount of compensation, I can't get my trainers on so can't go to the gym, it was painfull walking the dog-had to come home early

Sainsburys are lying. Sainsburys own the car park. They just hire a silly company to make a bit of profit. The staff at the store are minimum wage muppets. They have no knowledge of what is really going on.

I think your best bet would be to get a doctors examination in writing, then file a full complaint and copy in both Eden's head office and the Manager of the sainsburys store and Sainsburys head office.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thank you for your help- thinking on though thnere are other shops that you can access from the car park, a small precinct so not sure if it's Eden or the local council who would be responsible

It is a sainsburys area? Morrisons have a similar set up a few miles from me. There are 6-7 shops plus a garage there. The entire area is owned by morrisons, and the units are sublet.

With your situation, you could always ask the council or check the land registry.

Get in and sue them. If some stupid police woman who wasn't looking where she was going can make a claim for tripping over a curb that is supposed to be, then you can sue over an obstruction that shouldn't.

You can make a claim for pretty much anything. Winning it on the other hand....

Got to say I think an apology or fixing the problem should be enough, you hurt your big toe and knee, and you couldn't go to the gym for a couple of days I.d hate to think what would have happened if you scratched your hand as well !!!! On a serious note find out who maintains the car park, I suspect it is the store and write to them outlining what has happened and see what their response is.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi assisted blonde. You must work in my doctors. Apart from the physical injuries, the OP has claimed their footwear was damaged. Are you going to suggest they put some dettol on that as well?

Occupiers Liability Act means that the owner of the land is liable for everything that isnt down to someone else so take the matter up with Sainsburys and dont let them say it is Eden's responsibility because it isnt. If you tripped over something in may garden that was put there by my gardener I would still be liable.

Just think that you might be stretching it a bit asking for compensation for what are really minor injuries. yes there is the Occupiers liability Act, yes you can contact the store, but as nothing major happened its not such a big deal. have you taken photos of your injuries, got a Drs report? because I would think the insurance company will need them.

Suppose I come from an old fashioned way of thinking in that accidents do happen, just seems that nowadays everyone wants to blame someone for whatever happens, I suppose they could say that you were partly to blame for not looking where you were going.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.