daughters benefit journey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to draw a line under this......the council have confirmed that due to the adult daughter being there and on ESA the amount charged for that weekly is £14.15, there is a communal heating charge on all these flats of £4.79 weekly which is added to that, and there is no change to the amount of council tax that neighbour pays. Whoever spoke on the phone had obviously been confused themselves lol as they had added both benefits together and said it was just for HB. All clarified now though and indeed was correct what was said on the calculator on the website. My neighbour is just relieved she can have them there and keep them all together as a family now, and its not a full rent charge.

Thanks again for all input.

• 10 months later...

Its my understanding that a person with a nil income who can show this via bank statements etc, can claim HB/CTR. I also understood it that they would have to still pay the minimum amount same as a person claiming jsa/esa etc.

An aquaintance of my family has just declared a nil income and been told he wont be needing to pay rent/ct as he has no income and has shown this via the correct methods...........? I have a feeling its incorrect info and would really not like to see him getting a letter and arrears delivered at some point later on. our local council are very good at messing up these things, but i could be wrong. Anybody with any knowledge of this nil income thing please?

• 3 months later...

About a year ish ago my neighbour had family move back home, an adult child and grandchild. Due to this my neighbours HB was reduced as there was a non dependant. They have been paying the required amount.

The grandchild was unwell at the time but only recently has had a diagnosis and begun treatment, the DWP have awarded high rate care for the child. Will this affect my neighbours HB? will she need to pay more rent as her daughter receives this benefit for the grandchild?.

HI Ruby.

At first glance its not clear exactly if it will or not.

I would ask that she contact the council directly to get a general idea of how much she may gain or lose.

Please remember that councils and DWP have the right to claim back any benefit overpayments. Its better to get this done now than later.

Does she live in an area with Universal credit?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi fkofilee.....no we dont have universal credit here yet. The award has only been made on friday just gone. I have also just suggested they email the council and let them know. As you rightly say asap is best idea on advising changes.

I think there would be no problem if the daughter was in her own home, but there seems no information about non dependants with children. It isnt earnings so hopefully it wont affect them, its child DLA.

• dx100uk changed the title to Daughter and Jobseekers Advisor
  • dx100uk changed the title to daughters benefit journey