work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I,m having my first post-WP appointment this morning. If it goes badly (i.e. daily signing, MWA, etc.), this could be my last signing session as I think I'll move onto WTC instead as I am looking to start my own business. And considering the lack of help Ingeus has offered, I may be better on my own.

What would happen if you said you dont understand computers and cant use the UJ system ? I know this sounds unlikely ,but my mrs would prob spend 3 hours a day

trying to get the site up never mind searching it :-D

If an when I need to claim JSA im telling them I dont understand computers and would need to be sent on a training course as I dont even know how to turn one on ..

What would happen if you said you dont understand computers and cant use the UJ system ? I know this sounds unlikely ,but my mrs would prob spend 3 hours a day

If an when I need to claim JSA im telling them I dont understand computers and would need to be sent on a training course as I dont even know how to turn one on ..

Maybe get to do a basic learndirect course on computers etc and then get a more advanced one or be at the jobecentre with them standing over your shoulder?

...even those who are good with computers have trouble getting UJ to work. I'm still getting notifications of jobs which are for apprentice vacancies - I'm over 50!!!! The sooner the whole site crashes beyond repair the better.

Well, had my appt today. Went considerably better than I expected! The adviser asked how many jobs I'd applied to recently so I showed her a several sheets of printouts. It does look like I will have to attend more often though - an extra appointment a couple of days after my signing day. Also have to apply for four jobs weekly. No problem as I was doing this and more anyway. In fact, my original jobseeker agreement said 3 a week, so no difference really.

We also had a chat about my business idea. She is putting me in contact with someone from the New Enterprise Allowance.

The form I got through the post nearly two weeks ago said I would have to hand over my CV, will have to attend more regularly and may have to do MWA. Only one of those things has actually happened then! :-D

I also thought I'd be asked to sign up to UJM. Not a bit of it! I just have to apply for positions and keep a record in one of those job diaries!:-D

I'm finding it difficult now I've finished the Work Programme. I was left alone for my last few months whilst I was with Ingeus...

So, now I have to attend my Job Centre weekly, horrible times and uncomfortable meetings with my Adviser. My Adviser phones all employers I've had an Interview with, in front of me! It's so uncomfortable...

My Job search is checked to high heaven... I'm fine because I apply for over 15 jobs per week, so he cant fault my job search...

I hate going in, sometimes I just want to sign off! I'm finding the Job Centre more stressful than Ingeus! :sad:

I'm finding it difficult now I've finished the Work Programme. I was left alone for my last few months whilst I was with Ingeus...

So, now I have to attend my Job Centre weekly, horrible times and uncomfortable meetings with my Adviser. My Adviser phones all employers I've had an Interview with, in front of me! It's so uncomfortable...

My Job search is checked to high heaven... I'm fine because I apply for over 15 jobs per week, so he cant fault my job search...

I hate going in, sometimes I just want to sign off! I'm finding the Job Centre more stressful than Ingeus! :sad:

Although under Data Protection Legislation, you are not required to provide precise contact details of any employer for which an application has been issued, or interviewed by, a more fundamental problem arises. The majority of employers advise candidates that, if they approach the employer to canvass their application, then this will lead to automatic disqualification.

Front Line Advisers within JCP (including those working within the Hit Squad) are not Professional Careers Advisers, and therefore may not be presumed to appreciate the factors that lead an employer to shortlist (say) 1000 applications to a more manageable number of 10 to interview, or the factors that lead 1 candidate to be offered the job and the rest ignored.

If, within any application, and any interview, you establish your merits for the job, and discuss your approach to the job, then that is the most that you can do...and I am sure that a JCP FLA would not wish to canvass any application that you make lest your application is presumed to fail.

Just to add to the good advice from Rebecca, if you ever apply for Local Government jobs (ie the Council) any attempt to contact them after an interview definitely will be classed as canvassing and will result in your application being disqualified. It used to say this on the application form when I worked in local government.

Do the JC also not need your permission to contact employers, same as the WP?

If your advisor has a bad manner then that in itself is enough to report him and request a new advisor. I know it can be hard to assert yourself but it certainly makes JC advisors change their attitude when someone refuses to take any cr*p off them.

Is he allowed to do that? we have a right bitch at our JC prison officer would of suited her better lol

Well, had my appt today. Went considerably better than I expected! The adviser asked how many jobs I'd applied to recently so I showed her a several sheets of printouts. It does look like I will have to attend more often though - an extra appointment a couple of days after my signing day. Also have to apply for four jobs weekly. No problem as I was doing this and more anyway. In fact, my original jobseeker agreement said 3 a week, so no difference really.

We also had a chat about my business idea. She is putting me in contact with someone from the New Enterprise Allowance.

The form I got through the post nearly two weeks ago said I would have to hand over my CV, will have to attend more regularly and may have to do MWA. Only one of those things has actually happened then! :-D

I also thought I'd be asked to sign up to UJM. Not a bit of it! I just have to apply for positions and keep a record in one of those job diaries!:-D

Hand over CV? You dont have to hand it over to them do you? I thought you could just show them but I might be wrong.

According to the Job broking Guidelines, they can 'request' a copy of your CV - doesn't say they can order you to do it though;

'The advantages of having a good CV should be explained to the claimant and a copy of their CV should be requested, if it is not already held within the jobcentre.'

At the very end of the guidelines, the last paragraph reads thus;

'Claimant does not agree to join the CV Job Broking Service

Participation in CV Job Broking Service is entirely voluntary. If the claimant decides not to participate, this fact should be recorded as a conversation in Labour Market System. No further action should be taken.'

I would say that if you decline this service, then there is no real need for the JC to keep a copy of your CV as they won't then be looking for vacancies for you.

No doubt the JC will have other opinions on this though, as usual.

How do you find out when you started on the WP btw? just wondered how long i have left at bloody ingeus!!!

The JCP has a date for you, which is the date THEY referred you to the WP provider. Your WP provider will have the date you started with them. They will not match. In some cases there can be a substantial difference, discovery of which I have seen cause distress to clients as they had no idea until they attend a JCP appointment and get told they are to have nothing more to do with the WP provider. The discrepancy arises as once referred the provider is supposed to engage with them within a time period (usually 3 weeks) if this doesnt happen then the client needs to be re-referred. Poor management at WP providers means there are people who will find they are being pulled out of WP weeks, even potentially months, early than they think through no fault of their own. Your WP advisor can tell you the date you started on programme WITH THEM but remember it may not match the date JCP holds for you.

It was not uncommon for JCP to be on the phone complaining about lack of contact once someone was referred, you would look them up and if no record of them....well they need to be rerefered. You can understand the occasional slip, mistakes happen, but many mistakes is negligence. I hope someone somewhere has the stats on WP providers failure to engage at referal stage.

That was kinda my reaction at reading the paper, plus mystified at the point of it as it had zero about progress etc

Made a change from hearing the usual catch-phrase though about being work-ready

My exit report has the classic 'client is ready for work' phrase - which I intend to exploit fully should the JC suggest further training (and we all know they will, as they're no different to the WP)

Hand over CV? You dont have to hand it over to them do you? I thought you could just show them but I might be wrong.

You're probably right. The letter I received simply instructs you to bring along your CV. It does not mention anything about handing it over.

Hiya Charlotte,

I rang my local JCP and asked them, they will or should be able to tell you your start date and you have to been on WP for 104 weeks ...good luck hope you are nearly free :wink:

I have another year to go at ingeus :violin:

I checked on my windows calendar when my first appointment was and it was last august so not free yet :sad:

Most places make a copy of your cv

Having CVs for clients is part of the internal requirements for a WP provider. Paper copies are destroyed after it is uploaded and attached to the customers record.Offices can get audited and CVs left lying around the office can lead to a failure of audit- such breaches of PID (Personally Identifiable Data) are the most common reasons offices failed such visits. Advisors are required to ensure any clients on their caseload will have a CV on file. Even if the CV only has their name and address on it then its counted as a CV. Used to prove activity with clients or at least that an attempt to do so was made. Reports can be generated to identify clients who do not have a CV on file and advisors given directives to rectify the situation within a timescale.

Having CVs for clients is part of the internal requirements for a WP provider.

This particular thread is about the activities of the Jobcentre Plus after a claimant has finished with the Work Programme.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.