Pulling out of holiday with friends and now friends threatning family member over increased holiday costs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A family member agreed to go on holiday with a friend from work and her family.

The holiday had already been booked through a broker and the family member was added on at a later date. Due to the room arrangements, this meant that she had to pay more for her holiday.

Unfortunatly due to financial circumstances she is now unable to go on this holiday and accepts that she has lost her deposit. However, as a result of this, the costs for her friend has increased and now her friends mother is constantly harrassing her to pay for the increase in the price that she will now have to pay.

This harrassment included going to her workplace tonight, sitting outside and threatning her in front of other staff members. She eventually said 'I'm gonna get the money off you b****'. The family member is considrably upset by this and wonders whether she is liable for the increase in the cost of the holiday. I am going to try and persuade her to go a report this to the police, but would appreciate any advice on her liability for the alleged monies that she owes.

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

Did anyone take out insurance in case something like this happened?

I have to say that it sounds a bit like a con to me. An extra person going costs more, then costs the others more when your friend drops out? Why is it costing more when she isn't going than when she

wasn't going? It would seem that their costs should be the same whether your friend goes or not.

Hi

I they are doing that for more money and the threats would you really still want to go on holiday.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

really cant see it, report harrasment to the police, the holiday shouldnt cost more but if they are using a double room for single occupancy it could, can they not get another person to go with them, I assume its now an ex friend

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

@ assisted Blonde your assumption is correct now an ex-friend. Haven't heard anything else yet, will wait till she decides to write or email, that way its done properly. family member also knows that if anything happens in teh future she is to film/record it with camera on phone as evidence and to call police straight away.

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I work in Travel for an example if the Travel arrangements were costed as a Group i.e based on 12 passengers at say 100 pounds each then 1 drops out that person dropping out will lose their deposit it's not counted in any re costing.Then the group is re costed based on 11 passengers at now the new cost of 110 pounds.It's the same with any other type of booking so the other people have had it re costed and it's costing them more which they don't want to pay they could of asked for a name change if someone else could the replace the person not going.It sour grapes but this happens when groups of people go on holiday and changes happen.