Gotogate - Hidden fees and attempt to charge for free service **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From a complaint I'm making to an OTA which until now I used to think was one of the more decent ones :(  Content should make the story self explanatory.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, I bought 5 tickets with you this year. In May I booked a domestic multi-city with AeroMexico. I paid £41.72 for your flex option so I could change my plans if needed. I haven't had the need to use that option yet.

I received a notification that my flight schedules were changed. One of the new flights, the MEX-CUN, was too late now so I contacted your agents to rebook me on an earlier flight. As the change was INVOL this should have been free of charge.
The agent declared that the new flight was "the best they can do" and refused to rebook me. Instead tried to get me to exercize my Flex option.
I was told exercizing the Flex option would cost me a fee of £13, which was shocking as you promise and I quote "airline's penalties and our service fee are waived. An additional payment may be required if there is a price difference." which is misleading as it hints that ONLY the airline issues price difference is left to pay.

Faced with the inflexibility of your agent and the unacceptable wait times to get someone on chat, I contacted AeroMexico directly, who were in a few minutes able to reissue my flight to an earlier flight, free of charge of course, as it's an INVOL change.

As promised to your agent who mishandled the initial call. I am back with a few serious questions for you that I would like an answer for:
1) How do you think it makes your frequent customers feel, when you unlawfully deny them rebooking for an INVOL change and try to charge them for it?
2) What do you intend to do about it?
3) What am I paying a £41.72 flexible fee for? What will you do if I need to change my flight and refuse to pay the £13 "assistance fee" hidden in your terms and conditions, when your sales text promises "No service fees"? Are you going to charge further fees, perhaps a unicorn fee next?

I await your answers with impatience.
A not so happy customer

Edited by Kyosanto

• Kyosanto changed the title to Gotogate - Hidden fees and attempt to charge for free service

Sounds dodgy Kyosanto.

What exactly is this "Flex" option, and does it have any terms and conditions attached?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

"A Flexible (rebookable) Ticket allows you to change your flight tickets no matter what the airline's rules are. If the price of the new ticket is higher you only pay the difference."

You can find the T&Cs here

Those list the "Assistance Fees" as part of "Service fees" (which they promise are waived) so actually the more I read this,  the more I'm confused. I don't know if the agent I had on the chat was simply wrong, or if it's their whole system that is rigged/misleading. Looking forward to get that reply from Customer Services.

I am normally quite careful with OTAs and don't buy their extra options which are often scams, but this flex option sounded like a good deal on paper... If I hadn't bought it this time, i would have just talked to airline direct like I normally do. This still beckons the question what did I pay £40 for if they were going to charge me service fees anyway.

Ok, resolved.

After some irrelevant blabla about usually being an airline fee to pay if you don't accept the airline's alternative in case of Invol change (Which is generally untrue, and in the case of EU strongly regulated), they did confirm that there are indeed no service fees to pay at all if you bought the flex option. The agent handling my request was wrong, and they "have been strongly reprimanded"...

I feel a bit sad for ruining that employee's day, but a bit better about my choice of OTA.

• Like 2

• dx100uk changed the title to Gotogate - Hidden fees and attempt to charge for free service **RESOLVED**