help with Paypal Negative Balance

Zazelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some serious advice on what to do.

Long story short, I did something stupid and accepted a job that used PayPal. What it was is I had to accept money onto my PayPal account, and then withdraw it from my bank account to then send it back via Western Union. Apparently they were into e-currency trading and the website they gave me looked very genuine as it had the Forex logo and the different currency exchanges.

Now what happened is that PayPal put that money under review and asked me to send proof. After I did that I still lost and they refunded to the "buyer". I now have a negative balance of £719.48. I can't afford to pay it at once as I am currently unemployed and in benefits. I have been paying into my account bit by bit (paying £20, £10) and now my balance is -679.48. They now call me a lot and I actually called them back and explained my situation. They basically said in a nice way that I need to pay it back fully and asked me to ask family or friends to cover it for me and then pay them back. I can't really do that, and really don't want to. I don't want to go to court as I would not be able to afford it!

What do I do? and how long does it take before they send debt collection agency? And how long until they send me to court?

BTW, it's almost a month now since the reversal( 9/01/2013)

I don't even use PayPal. I only have it because sometimes I need it to pay something online. Other than that, I never use it.

Any awesome help would be greatly appreciated, as it stresses me out quite a bit.

Hi, sadly this seems quite a common '[problem]' that happening at the moment.

Did you see the job advertised in the Job Centre?

If you did find the job via the job centre I would report this to them.

The first thing you should do is report this to the police and hopefully get a crime number. Then send a copy of the number to Paypal and hopefully they will get off your back.

Hope you get it sorted

JJ

OK done. Will let you know what they say. It's really stupid though, why would they do that? Even though I gave them evidence they still sided with the [problem]mer, that's really unfair....and I'm actually really scared they are gonna say something like "we can't accept the Crime Reference Number"...

Edited by Zazelle

Ok, I'm confused now....

This is the reply I got:

Dear ########,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We are still reviewing your account and appreciate your patience during this time. Once the review is complete, you’ll receive an email with an updated account status. Regarding case PP-###-###-###-###

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Elizabeth

PayPal

Does that mean they have reopened my case????

Success! Got this e-mail! (was tired of waiting for a proper email response so called them)

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your crime reference number.

I can confirm that we have received your crime reference number: ###############

I understand your frustration regarding this matter and regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Yours sincerely,

Nicola

PayPal

Hope now they're gonna back off a bit. I'll let you know what happens.

They are after their money as they cant collect it from your bank account. Phone them up and if you get someone with an Irish accent you will get some sense. If they sound like they are in the Phillipines ask to have a return call from Ireland as you cant talk to someone outside the EU due to Data Protection Laws (not true but it usually works)

Hi, I've just recieved a letter from Iqor. I find it very annoying that they transferred it to them as I have given them my Crime Reference Number so they shouldn't have transferred it. Do I send them a letter stating that I have been victim of fraud and have given PayPl the Crime Reference Number?

• 1 month later...

Hi just thought I'll update you all.

I did what you advised and sent them this letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Reference Number #########

This is to inform you that I dispute your letter of 20 February 2013 as I have been a victim of Fraud.

I have reported this to the police and have been given the following Crime Reference Number:################. This number has also been given to Paypal.

Please find attached the confirmation e-mail that the Crime Reference Number has been received by Paypal.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely,

Mr Zazelle

Ever since then, I have not heard from them, so I'm guessing they have dropped the case. I'd like to thank just_jue and assisted blonde for the help of sorting this out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i just wondered how you were getting on with this situation? As i am in a similar one. Involving an online job [problem]. Not quite the same job as you. I have already reported this to the police and have a crime reference number, i have also given a witness statement and provided the police with various supporting documents and evidence. I am also finding paypal not to be very helpful or grasping exactly what i am saying. they have been given my crime reference number. Thanks

Ever since I send that letter, I've not recieved any calls or letters from Paypal and Iqor. If you have given Paypal the crime reference number, make sure you get a confirmation in writing, so that if they do sent it to a dca, you can prove to them that Paypal recieved it and they wont do anythinh. Just follow the advice on here and you shouldnt get in trouble. I havent been on.my Paypal account ever since then so I dony know if they refunded it or not.

If they send it to a DCA, just tell the muppets that the "debt" is in deep dispute and if they contact you further then you will not hesitate to make full complaints to the relevant authorites and will add a comment on their fitness to hold a credit licence. Dont fear a DCA, they have no rights whatsoever.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did they confirm receipt by writing? It's always better to have it in writing. Renegade is right, DCA's can't hurt you if you know what to do, there's no Credit Agreement so they can't force you to pay for something that you don't owe, they can't take you to court because they'll lose, and badly.

On my end, no new letters and reminders.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks