Returning online order issue. items from Just BB Guns - both not what i want or faulty - within 14 days.

Goodday

Hello, 

I bought a Airsoft gun (bb gun.) from Just BB guns. And a mask for airsofting. 
The mask was in a sealed bag and after trying it on isn’t too comfortable, and gets in the way when using it with your gear.(so for me isn’t really fit for purpose.)
And the gun had a loose barrel, which they then  informed me it is suppose to be. and I find that very hard to believe as it’s not going to be very consistent. 
they also said the other ones they have in stock are the same.

And I have had it out the box once (received it on Monday.) and I took it out the box which wasn’t sealed or taped up. 
To check the mechanism I have not fired a BB through it. 

Which I have now noticed have cause the finish in some of the parts to wear off. 
so that’s another disappointed.

They said;

Please be informed that there is no manufacturing fault. You can return the item for repair or replacement if there is a manufacturing issue.

Any item that is faulty at the point of sale may be returned for replacement or refund:

• WITHIN 28 DAYS from the original date of delivery for REPAIR or REPLACEMENT
  • AFTER 28 DAYS but WITHIN 6 MONTHS from the original date of delivery for REPAIR under warranty
  • AFTER 6 MONTHS all REPAIRS are chargeable to the customer

PLEASE NOTE: A manufacturing fault is an issue that the product has had out of the box and was created as part of the production process. In the case of airsoft guns and pistols, a manufacturing fault is NOT an issue that has developed from hard use or a user error such as dropping the gun or magazine, using incorrect batteries or low-quality BB pellets that get stuck in your gun. Many of our customers use our guns at skirmish events and are treated with a high amount of abuse, which is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, consumer rights entitle anyone to cancel their order and obtain a full refund if they request one within 7 days after delivery of the goods. With the exception of reconditioned or painted products, to which statutory cancellation rights do not apply. All items must be returned UNOPENED and UNUSED.

Now that is their policy, but does that mean I can’t do anything? 
I bought this online last Friday for it on Monday had them out the box and bag once to check them. 

Also I’m in Scotland and the Company is in England. 

I also had a Similar problem, years ago about returning an item and the company stopped replying. I have only remembered due to the situation so not sure with any thing can get down about that?

And had an item break on me after less than 2 months of ownership, and the company says it’s out of warranty with them. 

consumer Scotland was helping me with that but haven’t replied in a week. 

they told em to send an email with read recipients (I can’t do it as I’m only on mobile as my computer is broken.) 

Sorry for the many issues, just seems my luck lately has gotten bad. 
Any help is very much appreciated!

It's not clear who you bought the item from?

Please can you give actual dates.

I understand that you bought some items that there were faulty and the supplier has refused to do anything about it. Is this correct?

Was this an online purchase? How did you pay? How much did you pay?

Also, their published policy is not correct. It is an online purchase and you have 14 days to return it for any reason.

If it is defective then you certainly have at least 30 days to reject it and then up to 6 months you can insist on a repair and if they won't repair or if they can't repair or if the repair fails then you could reject it as well.

Let's have some answers to the questions I've put

• dx100uk changed the title to Returning online orders issue. items from Just BB Guns and Airsoft - both not what i want - within 14 days.

1 item from Just BB Guns and 1 item from Airsofting

you dont need any reason to return items within 14 days if purchased online under the old DSR rule (now part of the consumer rights act 2015)

in addition, you have a upto 30days to return faulty items.

both of those have no quibble conditions.

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Returning online orders issue. items from Just BB Guns and Airsofting - both not what i want or faulty - within 14 days.

Returns and Refunds - Just BB Guns, UKs No1 Airsoft Gun Shop

Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, consumer rights entitle anyone to cancel their order and obtain a full refund if they request one within 7 days after delivery of the goods. 

they are WRONG it's 14 days.

from The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (legislation.gov.uk)

Normal cancellation period

30.—(1) The cancellation period ends as follows, unless regulation 31 applies.

(2) If the contract is—

(a)a service contract, or

(b)a contract for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium,

the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.

(3) If the contract is a sales contract and none of paragraphs (4) to (6) applies, the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the goods come into the physical possession of—

(a)the consumer, or

(b)a person, other than the carrier, identified by the consumer to take possession of them.

(4) If the contract is a sales contract under which multiple goods are ordered by the consumer in one order but some are delivered on different days, the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the last of the goods come into the physical possession of—

(a)the consumer, or

(b)a person, other than the carrier, identified by the consumer to take possession of them.

(5) If the contract is a sales contract under which goods consisting of multiple lots or pieces of something are delivered on different days, the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the last of the lots or pieces come into the physical possession of—

(a)the consumer, or

(6) If the contract is a sales contract for regular delivery of goods during a defined period of more than one day, the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the first of the goods come into the physical possession of—

(a)the consumer, or

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that you bought it from Airsofting but there doesn't seem to be any such company. This seems to be something called Airsoft which is not a company but is something which is sold by a company called Bunker 51. Is that who you are talking about?

We need you to give us the details that we are asking for and to think about those details carefully before you put them up here because otherwise it makes things very difficult.

In terms of your 14 day right to return, the 14 days does not begin until not only have you been supplied with the item that you have ordered but also that the rules regarding cancellation and return have been explained to you.
As they have given the wrong information, the 14 days has not even begun yet and won't begin for a period of up to 12 months unless the correct information is provided to you.

So it seems in this case, not only you covered with the 30 day right to reject rule under the consumer rights act, but you still have the benefit of the distance selling rules under the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and you are entitled to return the item for any reason.

Please give us the information you're looking for and engage with this thread

Looks like this is the place... (terms and conditions page) Hmmmm!

https://www.justbbguns.co.uk/terms/

And...

FAULTY PRODUCTS

Any item that is faulty at the point of sale may be returned for replacement or refund:

'Nuff said!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

16 hours ago, Goodday said:

I bought a Airsoft gun (bb gun.) from Just BB guns. And a mask for airsofting. 

9 hours ago, BankFodder said:

You say that you bought it from Airsofting but there doesn't seem to be any such company.

they bought 2 items from justbbguns.

one a gun which is faulty, the other a face mask which is very uncomfortable.

they want to return both within 14 days. and can do so!!

if you paid by debit card simple return the items and go do a chargeback to your bank. stuff justBBguns.

legally you are entitled too.

• I agree 2

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Returning online order issue. items from Just BB Guns - both not what i want or faulty - within 14 days.

Thank you so much and apologies for any typos!

I don’t know what else to say to them as they are being pretty firm, I also haven’t heard of a chargeback
is it easy to do and will it take a while to get my money back?

chargeback is almost instant.

but sadly depends upon your bank.

dx

and they

they were from “justbbguns” 

I received the items on Monday the 22nd of January 2024.

they are saying they aren’t faulty but I think they might be, even if they aren’t I’m not satisfied with them.

it was online yes.

He said it can only be returned for a replacement not a refund.

But there is nothing wrong with the item.

and I’ve also got a similar problem with another item that broke less than 2 months of me owning it and only using it once.

they said it’s out of warranty with them too. 

And another issue from at least 3 years ago and due to Covid and few other issues I forgot about it.

but the company stopped replying to after they said for me to return it for a refund or a replacement. 
I haven’t even used the item.

Thanks very much for your time!

the advice support from consumer Scotland we’re helping me but just stopped replying. 

bought with With RBS debitcard, is it easy to check?

They are saying  they aren’t faulty, but I’m not sure. 

And if they are suppose to be like they one isn’t comfortable, and the other I’m just not satisfied with; if I knew that from the start I wouldn’t have bought them.

I hope I have given all the information in other posts?

please tell and I’ll get back to you as soon as! 

I appreciate your time! 

please stop hitting quote everytime you post....

just type in the box 

RBS should be ok.

go do a chargeback.

the other 2 older items you are now adding in here to this thread.

1 is outside of 120 days since you got them IN YOUR HANDS, so you cant use chargeback

the other one is. do a chargeback too.

to clarify a legal point here that justbbguns dont seem to understand looking at their overtly complex T&C's (which are WRONG!!) ...probably written purposefully that way to confuse people and not give legally liable refunds to customers..IS

you dont need any reason to return any item purchased online within 14 days of the customer actually physically receiving it. so claiming it not faulty is immaterial to refusing a customer a FULL REFUND. and they cant dictate a gift card or account credit either...they MUST refund back to the funding source once they have the items if the customer returned them within 14 days of having them.

terrible T&C whomever they got to write them for them. clearly do not understand consumer law.

justbbguns if you are now reading this thread,....get you act together and stop diddling customers out of money!!

dx

and they

RBS are saying they aren’t always successful and such, I’m worried if I try this and it doesn’t work this could stop my consumer rights as I’ve tried to take some form of action? 

could I do this with the other two places I’m having issues with?

Sorry about the quotes, I thought that was the way to reply to people directly. 

cant hurt your CRA rights no.

17 minutes ago, Goodday said:

could I do this with the other two places I’m having issues with?

?? 

and they

Hello, 

I filed a chargeback with my bank, and received an automatic reply. 

it said that I may require an individual experts opinion for proof.

And proof that I have sent the items back, which I haven’t done yet,

I don’t want to sent the items back and not get my money back. 

I’m a bit worried if I have done this all wrong.
Thanks very much!

nope you havent.

dont worry about returning the items till you have your money.

and they

Hello and many thanks again,

I contacted them with the information you lovely people have supplied me with.

and this was their reply.

”Please be informed that you can return the item it us in the same unused brand-new condition as we sold it to within 7 days of delivery.
Once we receive it back we will check and assist you accordingly.

Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, consumer rights entitle anyone to cancel their order and obtain a full refund if they request one within 7 days after delivery of the goods. With the exception of reconditioned or painted products, to which statutory cancellation rights do not apply. All items must be returned UNOPENED and UNUSED.

1. Within 7 days of delivery, you can send products back to us UNOPENED and UNUSED
  2. Please download our Product Returns Form from the top of this page
  3. You can request a refund for a single item or the full order
  4. Please provide us with as much information why you do not require the product 
  5. Then please send the product back to us using a RECORDED delivery service 
  6. When we have received your products you will then receive an email from us accepting your refund”

And some links to their terms, but it’s not letting me paste them here.

Im not sure what I should do now, will this have to go to a small claims court of the backcharge doesn’t work?

Thanks so much again!

and they are wrong it's 14 days.

as long as you've informed them within that time the clock stop so to speak as you've exercised your 'right' 

get the chargeback done and be done with them

when you have the money in your bank.

then send the goods back.

cant keep saying the same thing........

and they

Actually as they haven't given you the correct information about the cooling off period the 14 days hasn't even started yet.

It can be delayed for up to 12 months and only begins when the formalities have been complied with which includes giving you the correct information about the cooling off period.

• Like 1

Hello all, 

still no updates from the bank about the charge back I filed. 

and for issues I have with other products should I make posts for each of them? 

thanks again!

yes

and they

Still no word from my bank, so no idea what’s going on. Tried to mess her them a few days ago and nothing back.

they said it may take up to 2 weeks so they have until Thursday. 

ring and ask?
dx

and they

If they try putting you off again, saying they will contact you in XX days, don't accept it!

Tell them that you will expect an answer tomorrow and that you will be calling them.

They are not obviously not taking you seriously... You must now take control of the situation.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service