Being made homeless due to Job Centre

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Couldn't go to today. Car was packed, parents, brother, sister and niece had to be somewhere.

I asked my dad if I could phone the council tomorrow and he said I could. So I could ask to be refereed over the phone. Didn't know why they didn't take me. I can't go on my own as I have no idea what to say.

That's fine, Casper. Call them in the morning, tell them that you're homeless and you need a referral. Just answer any questions they have for you, then come back here and let us know how it goes.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Casper!

I honestly can't say I'm surprised that you still haven't sorted anything out, I am sorry but I think that there will always be something that gets in the way and until you pull your socks up and deal with this yourself for your to move on with your life you are simply going to plod on just as you have done since this thread started and are you really suprised that people are infuriated with your lack of action.

PLEASE can you just phone them tomorrow morning to get things started? The people there areonly human they will not judge you and will help as best as they can IF that is what you want of course. If you do want the help then go and get it if you don't then simply carry on as you have been.

Casper you are 26 or 27 years old, why are you not capable of taking responsibility for yourself?

Of course you can ask for help but you shouldn't expect the help just to be given.

You can always ask you parents for the telephone number and simply call the team yourself tomorrow, surely you don't need somebody to call for you?

I am mid 30's and although I know I can ask my parents for help at any time I also know full well that as an adult I am responsible for looking after myself and I have been since I left school 20 years ago, I certain;y never expected anybody to run around a\fter me then and I most certainly don't now.

I was going to call them. My parents just know the number, which I will ask for tomorrow. I used to be phone shy after something happened to me over the phone. And I also have low confidence and very shy. But I can ask the council myself. Just have to ask mum for which department, as never had to call them before. I am 26, when I said I was 26, it was days before my birthday.

I was going to call them. My parents just know the number' date=' which I will ask for tomorrow. I used to be phone shy after something happened to me over the phone. And I also have low confidence and very shy. But I can ask the council myself. Just have to ask mum for which department, as never had to call them before. I am 26, when I said I was 26, it was days before my birthday.[/quote']

I'm 27 and I'm homeless @ the moment iv got 2 kids and I'm on the council list alls I do is bid and hunt 4 a home 4 me and my 2 girls but get nowhere but I make shure I go down to the council and try get things sorted as they have put me in my 2 girls in a 1 he'd bungaloo temporarily if you go down u will get put in a bed sit @ least and then u will become a priority 2 be housed but if u just keep putting it of and getting distracted by other things then u will get nowere and also you say your shy but you can't be that shy as you have been speaking on here anyways hope you do get yourself sorted as you are not getting younger and time are getting a lot harder now so you are beat getting it sorted asap x

Just tell them that you're homeless, and need a referral...they'll ask you questions as you go along.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

I was gunna post exact same phrase, thought I'd get pelters for it :-)

Well i thought it had to be said.

Another question for casper and although its non of my business,your parents seem to be playing happy families yet the are separated.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I've had similar thoughts too.

People sometimes 'cant see the wood for the trees' and get tied up with 'other stuff' in an effort to block out a bigger issue.

The main problem here is lack of any positive action on part of the original poster.

I can't see why their mother would be fined for having them stay - that doesn't make any sense to me - I am aware of no rule which says a parent cannot have a child stay, even an older one.

She would lose money from her housing benefit for having another adult in the house unless they are unwaged. I believe the deduction is £20.

Yes, I know...but Casper appears to have forgotten where her sanction letter is so she has no proof of income, or lack thereof in her case.

To be honest, it's sort of the least of her worries, really. I still have no idea what happened with the compliance interview she was supposed to have. Or where her furniture is, or if it's her LL she owes £1600 to. Thinking about it, I just have no idea generally when it comes to this thread. The plot, I appear to have misplaced it.

I know the wheelsof government take a long time to turn but this us just silly.

Another question,and it may be rather rude. If you are very shy (and i do not doubt the issues this causes people) why was it a problem working in a factory with people who didn't speak English?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Very careless of you laughing girl but with the stuff you are going through who can blame you.

However i think my plot may be hiding out with yours.

There's a joke in here, but I don't dare go for it in case I unwittingly identify my 'employer'.

Join the club, love!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks