Being made homeless due to Job Centre

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most difficult thread to follow. Earlier Camper said the council were paying £50 per month to his rent as well as gas and elect. Now he says that he is getting nothing.

Can JSA. be stopped with no hardship payments?

If there has been mo court eviction you should really stay put,the fact the dwp want to come round suggests that either you have been picked for a random check or you have triggered something on their system.

Being seen by an advisor at the flat would be a huge help.

As for the eviction i know a lady on another site LB who might be able to help. She is very articulate and knowledgeable. No point in pming me as i can't receive them.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yes, JSA can be stopped with no hardship payments.

To be fair, there's loads of knowledgeable people on here who could help Caspar regarding her housing situation. I just think it's important that she speaks to someone in person, who can go through the situation in a fully logical way, because doing it like this isn't really working.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I wasn't disputing the fact,i just know this lady has personally intervened on several peoples behalf and at least made every use of the law. All out of the goodness of her heart.

It's just as well that there's people out there willing to do it Fletch, and I can't say enough good things about anyone who takes the time to help. Sadly, I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of this type of thing in the not so distant future.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

I agree. I have to say she is a brick. Has helped me more than i can possibly say. Not just her but another lady as well.

Some people on here will know the two ladies i mean. Hearts of pure gold although i am not sure all of cag agree.

Some of my furniture has already been removed. I can still talk to shelter though.

yeah sadly the law is a joke, it basically requires to make yourself a nuisance to the landlord probably getting blacklisted in the process to then get help otherwise as she said you will count as voluntary homeless.

My dad told me not to bother ringing them. He thought it was a waste of time. He said I'd be sharing a house with someone.

I rang to ask why my appeal got sent to Belfast and the guy said because income support goes there. I gave him my postcode as he asked and again he said Belfast's office sorts that out. My postcode is PE30. I told him that Basildon sorts it out and always has done. I don't know what to do now. It's too late for my appeal, I feel like they're doing this on purpose.

Sorry Casper, not ring who?

Isn't sharing a house or being in a bedside better than being homeless?

Although my processing centre is Wellingborough i do still get letters from belfast sometimes. Appeals do take ages.

You really need to get to CAB. Or does cambridgeshire have a welfare rights team?

fletch70 there is no hardship payable to caspers ghost as they were sanctioned prior to 22nd october and under te old rules no hardship was payable for work program customers.

Casper I can only advise you to follow the advice that Laughing girl has offered regarding the housing and contacting Shelter, the people at Shelter will have a wealth of information available to help and share with you.

Unfortunately if you want something sorted then I am sorry to be so blunt but you are going have to do it yourself, we have advised numerous times of actions that you could/should take but you seem to hold back each time.

Please take care of yourself x

Not to ring Shelter. I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out here.

Casper, this is one last plea to speak to either Shelter or the CAB again, because I really have no idea what to tell you from here.

I want to speak to them. Would they instantly rehouse me or if I tell them that I am staying round my mum's would they say I am OK where I am? What if they are full? Another question, I need to change my address with Job Centre, if I put in C/O at my mum's address, would she have to pay for me?

Only they will be able to tell you how they'd manage your case, Casper. Once you've spoken to them, come back and tell us how you get on and what their advice is.

Shelter will help anyone. Getting onto the housing list will be easier as you are over 25. Not sure what you mean by how long will they keep you there? They will give you the advice you really need. It is for your own good, please talk to the experts.If they feel you need more help they may find you a volunteer who can deal with the authorities

Yes, they're there for advice...they're not a hostel.

I am a late comer to this thread but already i can see the frustration. I know there have been the holidays but your were advised to go to shelter a month ago and you still haven't been. If you Google shelter that will tell you what services they provide.

Of course you don't want to live with mum at 30.

Do you have any special needs or disabilities because if so a social worker might be able to help.

All that can be suggested is that you take the advice given. People on here are giving their time and effort for free trying to help you, the least you can do is accept and use that advice.

I went to sign on today. When asked if my circumstances have changed. I told the truth. I'm homeless and have no money. So I waited downstairs for someone to see me. Which took forever. And then when he did see me he didn't know what he as suppose to tell me.

I said I am homeless and currently staying with my mum. Not living there. I don't think he understood anyway.

So tomorrow. My birthday. I have an appointment for hardship. He was shocked that I was refused even though I was living on my own. So hopefully I get my money. But this is a one off payment. 'IF' I get it.

I have been in town all day so think it's too late to call shelter. He did say go round to the Purfleet trust.

Anyone heard of it? I've been there twice for my food. Don't know if they can help me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks