Being made homeless due to Job Centre

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update. I've lost the flat, had to give it up. And have no where to go, I have one month till I need to get all my furniture out. So far, because of the stupid Job Centre I have £1200 in debt with the landlord/estate agents.

They are not demanding the money as they knew from the beginning that it's not my fault I can't pay them. I have no idea if the council will be able to get me a flat or what.

I have a hostel near me but I'd have to pay my stay there. Thought it was for homeless, but can't pay anyway.

Have no idea what I am going to do.

Of course I am selling my sofa for money for a new coat which I need. Also parents had to buy me a jumper as I was getting cold. New boots bought in October because I was wearing sandles as I didn't have any shoes.

Have you been evicted? If you are leaving voluntarily your home you could be classed as making yourself homeless and your local authority may not be obliged to help you with finding furture accommodation.

Did you ever approach the work prgram to see if they would contact DMA to advise that you are now compying with the program and see if the sanction could be revised in your favour.

Also, it is not the JCP that have sanctioned your claim at all, the sanction is made but your work program provider and the decision is made by DMA the JCP have no involvement in the process at all.

I would have been anyway, she said that I had only a month left before I was to be evicted, so I voluntary told them that I would give it up. I don't know what DMA is.

The Job Centre nor Ingeus ever mentioned that I would get my JSA back. And I have no idea what to do. I don't get a new appointment tll new year. And I have to go in On Wednesday to tell them of changing

address. Technically I am being evicted, how long will it take the council, once forms are sent in before I am on the bidding list again?

Can't stay at my mum's, over crowded.

I have been reading your posts and the answers given to you and I have to be honest you are not listening to nor following advice. STOP assuming things and get yourself some face to face advice. Did you ever go to the citizens advice bureau?? By reading your posts, I get the feeling you could be vulnerable, get a social worker involved. Try and solve one problem at a time! What is the most pressing issue? What is the most important thing? You have been given some really good and helpful advice but you ignore it and jump onto another problem. It's confusing. I feel sorry for you but you must go to the CAB, with all your letters before your situation gets worse, and by worse I mean those debt collectors (Lowells?)won't always be as understanding

scotgal 

Email who? who needs a traders name?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Email CAB' date=' I tried the other day on their website and they wanted a traders name. But I want to ask about Job Centre and the estate agents[/quote']

you need to ring them and ask for an appointment at one of thier offices, caspar - you're never going to be able to sort this out using email. you need to take every bit of paper Work you have with you when you go, too.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Take everything you have related to jobseekers, housing and council tax benefit and your tenancy. It will help them to give you the correct advice.

I have been reading your posts and the answers given to you and I have to be honest you are not listening to nor following advice.

If you had read his/her post you'd have understood he/she is vulnerable and both the landlord and the DWP are taking adavantage of him/her. These patronizing comments I would expect them on the Daily Mail not on CAG.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Also, caspar...there may be a massive wait for an appointment with the cab at the minute - you need to stress to them that you are now officially homeless with no income whatsoever. if they can't get you in today or tomorrow, come back here and i'll have a rethink.

OK, they're not open today. I'll ask my dad to ring up tomorrow and see what they can do. My sister's boyfriend is being told to look for 10 jobs a week he's on CTEC(I think), can he be sanctioned if he does not do this? I mean there are so many jobs you can apply for in town anyway. She is pregnant with her 4th child so need the money. My mum hopes I won't be put on this.

When I send in my council letter will I be put on high band? I'm not suppose to be living at my mum's. And no one can put me up for the night.

Regarding your brother in law, if his job seekers agreement stipulates that he applies for 10 jobs a week and he doesn't, then yes...he can be sanctioned.

I can't answer your question regarding your council banding, I'm afraid. At the minute, I'm concerned that you've made yourself voluntarily homeless by giving up your tenancy before you've received a formal eviction order. If that is the case, it would have a negative impact on your banding.

It is completely essential that you seek face to face advice at this point. Whereabouts in the country are you?

Do you have any issues that might make you fall into the 'vulnerable' category? Do you suffer from depression or anything like that?

I am £1200 in arrears for the rent plus more for tax. Been told by my dad and with help with yahoo. That they can make me move out in 3 days. The council refused to pay me rent, it's not my fault I have to give it up.

I don't know what to do, can they put me in a hostel or something? Have no where to go.

Did they ever serve you with an eviction notice or notice to quit, Caspar?

Can you let me know whereabouts you live (you don't have to be detailed, the general area will be fine), or if you have any issues with depression or anything similar? If you let me know, I'll try to find out if there are any other services that might be able to help you.

I live in Norfolk. They never sent me a letter of eviction. I thought it would be better if I left. I get the furniture out of the flat next week. I am not depressed, just a bit disappointed as I've finnaly moved out of my mum's

house and now they've ruined my dreams. Can the council put me in a hostel?

OK, now we're getting somewhere. :-)

First of all, have you been to see any of these people?

http://www.northnorfolk.org/housing/922.asp

http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=23416

http://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/housing/index.asp

If not, I think that they should be your first port of call. If you have been already, let me know what they told you and we'll work from there.

The reason I asked about whether you have anything like depression is because I wanted to know if you had anything that could classify you as vulnerable...if you did, there might be additional support for you via social services or certain charities. Is there any time in your life where you've needed additional support for anything?

Your dreams aren't ruined, Caspar. They're just on hold for the time being. Lots of people go through things like this, and they come through the other end of it older and wiser...it's just a question of finding the right support network.

With regards to whether the council will place you in a hostel, I can't answer that Caspar it's something that you'd need to talk to them about.

Casper you really do need to go to the CAB, tbh I know that San_d will think I too am being heartless but I have specfied things that you needed to do and sometime ago I advised that you speak to your work program adviser regarding the sanction and if there was anyway they could contact DMA (decision making team in the benefit centre) to request the sanction be looked at again as you are attending and complying as required.

I am not sure if there is anything else I can advise you to do but go to the CAB and go in to the council offices tomorrow and discuss your options especially as you are giving up the tenancy without an eviction notice.

I have spoken with my adviser, and she gave me a number for a crisis loan. But then I went to the job centre and asked there, and was told I wasn't able to have one.

I don't know what to ask at the council, I am very shy. I want to bring my dad with me. Just hope that CAB are not busy tomorrow.

I have spoken with my adviser, and she gave me a number for a crisis loan. But then I went to the job centre and asked there, and was told I wasn't able to have one.

I don't know what to ask at the council, I am very shy. I want to bring my dad with me. Just hope that CAB are not busy tomorrow.

Don't panic! Just tell them (whether that's the council or CAB) what's happened to you so far, and bring as many letters regarding your situation as you can. If having your Dad with you helps, then definitely get him to come with you.

Let us know how you get on Casper. :-)

If you can't get into the CAB, go to one of the housing advisory centres that I gave you the links to earlier...just try to make a start rather than let this plod on for any longer, OK?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks