UKPC parking ticket now with Debt Recovery Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received

REDUCED PAYMENT OFFER

They have referred my case to their client and have proposed issuing County Court Proceedings against me.

If the case reaches court and judgement is obtained costs may increase the debt as shown.

They will accept a reduced payment if £140.

They have also offered to view a selection of CCJ's that they have obtained against people before?

Should I still not worry

:-x

ofc ourse they've had CCJ wins

mostly stoogies and relatives from whats been written about in the press

to give them some kind of authority

dont fall for it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its wierd isn't it how they are supposed to be ' legit', yet they are still bartering to get at least some money out of you!!!! This is ludicrous. I've never known a company who says you owe them money for 'breaking their law' to have to offer evidence of the proceedings they have/nt carried out to try to coax people to hand over their money . This gets more like Dick Turpin every day. I would think they turn up in court in a cape and mask shouting 'stand and deliver' !!! Fools.

Very reassured to read this thread. I looked up the UKPC thing when I got a notice from them a while ago and all the advice there was to ignore. I've now had two letters from debt recovery agents and I was getting a bit worried that maybe I shouldn't have ignored them. I can see now that they can't do much so will continue to ignore!! Thank you!

Hi all -

very interested in reading all this. Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus LTD saying notice of intended litigation and that I should pay £150 within 7 days. I am a blue badge holder and parked in a disabled space forgetting to put my blue badge on show (v forgetful). Do I Ignore these letters? or should I send them an appeal?

Thanks

appeals are useless

ignore them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And there is the judgement in VCS -V- Ibbotson :-)

Before District Judge Mcllwaine s itting at Sc unthorpe County Court, Sc unthorpe Court Centre, Laneham Street, Sc unthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6JY.

Upon hearing the authorised officer of the C laimant company and the Defendant in person

And upon the Claimant having issued proceedings in their own name

And upon it being conceded that contrary to the British Parking Association Code of Practice contrary to same, the Claimant has no contractual authority to issue enforcement proceedings before the County Court either in the Claimants name as in this matter or the name of the land owner

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) The claim is struck out.

2) The order of District Judge Stephenson dated 3rd March 2012 is rescinded and the Claimant shall pay to the Defendant the s um of £42.50 w ithin 21 days of today.

3) The managing director for the Claimant named as Mr Simon Renshaw Smith is ordered to file at Court by 4.00pm on 29th June 2012, a statement containing an explanation as to the manifest discrepancy namely the bringing of an action in contract and the tort of trespass in the companies name with no lawful contractual assignment of authority to do so.

4) A copy of this order shall be served on the British Parking Association for information.

Dated 16 May 2012

Hi all -

very interested in reading all this. Today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus LTD saying notice of intended litigation and that I should pay £150 within 7 days. I am a blue badge holder and parked in a disabled space forgetting to put my blue badge on show (v forgetful). Do I Ignore these letters? or should I send them an appeal?

Thanks

Snap!! I received the very same letter as you today too. Same Blah Blah Blah give us your money or else fodder! I am filing that with the rest of the junk mail I receive. I won't be sending these highway robbers one penny of my hard earned cash. They can threaten this & that, but it will not phase me into thinking they have any entitlement to my money. Nope, they're not getting nowt from me !

Snap!! I received the very same letter as you today too. Same Blah Blah Blah give us your money or else fodder! I am filing that with the rest of the junk mail I receive. I won't be sending these highway robbers one penny of my hard earned cash. They can threaten this & that, but it will not phase me into thinking they have any entitlement to my money. Nope, they're not getting nowt from me !

Haha think I'm going to do the same! It's ridiculously -money grabbing b**tards is all I can say!

Keep me updated :)

Glad it's not just me haha

• 4 months later...

Just thought I'd update this thread as I know its all too easy to post when you're receiving letters but not when you're not.

The last letter we received was this one: s13.postimg.org/6ahs6m5x3/zenith.jpg (copy & paste into address bar as I can't post links yet :wave:) - that was dated 10/10/2012!

Not that I ever doubted them but the regulars on this forum were right, ignore & they will go away! Its been almost a year since we got the ticket & nearly 6 months since the last letter so I think its safe to say they've moved on :-D

From my experience, my advice would be to ignore all letters, don't appeal (its just an easy & cost-free way for them to get your details) & use this forum :thumb:

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I'm following this with interest also,

I had a parking ticket from ASDA car park (Town and City Parking / Smart Parking Ltd). They had added time limits on parking which I completely missed (having used the same supermarket for 4 years!).

This was December 2012, I've now had a first letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, asking for £120.

I will be ignoring these also!

• 2 weeks later...

Some months ago I parked in a local car park. When I returned to my car it had moved, two spaces to the side and one forward. When I went to unlock the car it had was already open. I got a pcn for not parking properly within the space. A letter from Dent Recovery Plus informs me that the Protection of Freedoms Act entitles them to recover money from me. I'd rather like to know what they mean by freedom.

The upshot of all this is that a) I'm not paying. They are quite free to take me to court. b) It's a shame, but I won't be using that car park again.

Oh joy!