MET ANPR PCN - occupants left carpark - Starbucks 346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 04/12/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 29/12/2023 - ! Over 14days

3 Date received 02/12/2024

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N

7 Who is the parking company? MET

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Southgate Park, Stansted

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Not sure

Hey all,

I  just received a PCN from the Stansted Southgate carpark!

It seems that is a lot about this place.

The driver of this car went to McDonalds not aware that this park would be for Starbucks only. The PCN does not point it out, just says that the “vehicle left the park without payment made for parking and occupant left the premises”

I haven’t done anything yet. Should I appeal? Is there a model document?

Thank you all!

2023-12-29 MET NTK for PCN 2023-12-04.pdf

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Please don't appeal, it could adversely affect you later. In fact in the sticky you just posted, I think it says not to appeal. So there is no template.

Best,

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted (edited)

Thank you!

What is likely to happen in the future? When do I do anything?

Do you reckon I will "have a case" to fight this in the future?

Andebolus

Edited by Andebolus
added info

This is a scam site pure and simple.  It has been shown up to be a scam on national television.  There is no point in appealing to the very people who set up the scam.

Have a read of the last post on this thread and do something similar  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/464351-met-pcn-awaiting-for-starbucks-to-open-20-minute-stay-southgate-park-stansted/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to MET ANPR PCN - occupants left carpark - Starbucks 346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

As that car park is within the airport area covered by Byelaws, it wouldn't have mattered even if the PCN arrived the day after the apparent breach . The charge can never be transferred from the driver to the keeper  where bye laws are in place. The whole point of the 14 day clause was to enable parking companies to be able to transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper and that is why we recommend not appealing since it is too easy to admit that you were the driver and so lose the protection that you have at the moment.

In your situation they do not know who was driving and as so many drivers in Britain are able to drive your car and Courts do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person it will be very difficult for Met to win in Court if you don't pay. 

There are several other arguments you can also use to win in Court. Sadly they will not win should you decide to appeal to Met. If they cancel your PCN they lose £100. So they will keep chiselling away at your resolve over the coming months in order to scare you enough to pay them and avoid Court.

So all you have to do is not pay and do not contact them unless that send you a letter of claim.  If they do, let us know and we will advise you send a snotty letter that will tell them that they know they will be wasting their money going to Court with you.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 1

I think your date for the receipt of the NTK is incorrect, the NTK is out of time to create keeper liability by the dates of the event and on the NTK so unless the Post Office have a time machine you couldn't have received the NTK before it was issued!

Don't appeal to the PPC, do nothing but keep all their begging and intimidating letters as the NTK is out of time to create keeper liability so unless you admit your were the driver they are stuffed.

• Like 1

Andebolus, I agree with you and the regulars that MET should be completely ignored.

However, is there any reason why you won't get on to Starbuck's/Euro Garages to see if they will call their dogs off as explained here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/464351-met-pcn-awaiting-for-starbucks-to-open-20-minute-stay-southgate-park-stansted/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I guess that is a good point. 

Have you seen any thread with any example email or even email contacts?

Here, seems to be a good example. Unfortunately, as a new member, I am not allowed to message users individually.

there is no need to use @(membername) 

as for PM's we dont allow private advice as you never know who people really are....

keep everything in the open forum please.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also there is a very good chance that this car park is covered by airport bye-laws, and a private company cannot just waltz in and decide they are the law. 

It would be a good idea to find out one way or the other.  Contact Stansted Airport with their webform  https://www.stanstedairport.com/help/contact-details/  and ask
   - to be e-mailed a copy of the bye-laws
   - to be informed of what area the bye-laws cover and
   - specifically if Southgate Road is covered by bye-laws.