UKPC 2xWindsceen PCN's appeals lost - now 2*Claimforms - West Middx Uni hospital twickenham road, isleworth, tw76af 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, 

I have had two county court claim forms claims issued in my name by UKPC for parking contraventions in a hospital carpark - one for an episode in 2018 and another in 2020.  

The summary is as below:

1. I had appointments and arrived about 30-40 minutes early to park. The turnstile let me in and there was a queue the moment I got in. The car park is serpentine in nature and other than intersections, a one way traffic system is in place, which should eventually take me to the point of exit. 

2. 20 minutes into the wait, I notice an area with no markings and decide to park there, without obstructing anyone. Leaving the car park was impossible in the 20 minutes due to people not allowing others to leave(all of them are waiting for other cars to exit with some getting upset). I somehow make my way to the exit point and realise if I go find another place, I will miss my appointment and end up getting discharged without being seen(This is a standard warning on most letters I guess). Also,  I do have to pay anyways since the grace period to exit is 10 minutes.

3) I appealed both times explaining my predicament, saying that I would not have gotten in if the turnstile would not open(since there were no free parking spaces) and hence could have found another suitable parking spot in time. They rejected the appeal mentioning that they do not control the barriers. POPLA did not acknowledge the problem I mentioned and the POPLA appeal response is not accessible anymore.

4) I did pay for the parking time as normal since I could not exit without paying for the ticket. I did not inconvenience anyone else.

5) Since then and between the incidents I have used the car park many other times and found spaces. Sometimes I park at a paid parking and walk to the hospital. 

Any ideas what I should do next.

Thanks,

G.

You need to defend the claims.

Did the fleecers send you Letters of Claim before court papers turned up?

In your appeals did you out yourself as the driver?

Most importantly - what dates are on the claim forms?

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks FTMDave,

Yes, I did mention myself as the driver, since I did want to be clear to them as to why the issue did happen.

I did not get any letters of claim and my plan is to defend the claim - would all that I mentioned be sufficient for a judge to decide in my favor. 

I do not have proof of payment of the car park tickets, but I guess the judge would agree that I paid since I could not leave without paying.

Thanks,

G.

Sorry, I wrote my post and then edited it later.  My bad.  The most important bit for now - what dates are on the two claim forms?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No - the two claim forms from the court.

I ask as you only have a limited time in which to defend.

Hello FTMDave,

I am preparing my defence. Should I submit the appeal forms/responses as attachments. I do not have the POPLA response for the second PCN, 

I do have the UKPC appeal response for the first PCN.

Any ideas how I could strengthen my case.

Thanks,

G.

Slow down for a moment.

The fact you've done AOS twice is superb and the most important thing for now.

Your defences will just be a few generic lines and you have quite a while to do so.

The important document is your Witness Statements before the hearings, and it's great you are trying to gather evidence straight away, but you'll have months to do this.

I'm afraid it's form-filling in time for us!  Please complete

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket-please-fill-this-out/

and also

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-dec-2021/

for the 2018 ticket.

Then start a new thread and do exactly the same for the 2020 ticket.

Sorry, but as the fleecers have issued two claims you'll probably end up with two different court dates so everything needs to be duplicated.

• Like 1

Thanks FTMDave,

Apologies for hurrying this up. My dad's a bit unwell and I am hoping I dont have to attend court whilst he needs my care(he is in a different country).

If I could know before hand all the work that does need doing, I was hoping I could get it done and ready.

Sorry for pressurising you.

Good night,

G.

No pressure at all!

Don't worry, at a later stage - Directions Questionnaire - you will have the chance to state times when you'll be unavailable for court.

Just relax for the moment.  You now have till 20 June to file two short defences.  Please do the four 🙃 stickies when you have the chance.

You will also need to send two different CPR requests to the fleecers over the next few days.

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC ANPR PCN's appeals lost - now 2*Claimforms -

yea please slow down

for each claim:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

you also at some point in time before you file your defence in case its anything diff to the 1000's of speculative invoice claimform threads here 

we need to see EVERY letter /email etc in/out FOR BOTH CLAIMS from day one.

just use 2 mass pdf files - one for each claim please

CAREFULLY read our upload guide

scan up BOTHSIDE of everything in/out - one mass PDf for each claim ONLY.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could you please post up the two original PCNs you received -not the reminders. Please do not include your name and address nor the vrm number but do include the dates and times.

Edited by lookinforinfo
spelling

13 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Slow down for a moment.

The fact you've done AOS twice is superb and the most important thing for now.

Your defences will just be a few generic lines and you have quite a while to do so.

The important document is your Witness Statements before the hearings, and it's great you are trying to gather evidence straight away, but you'll have months to do this.

I'm afraid it's form-filling in time for us!  Please complete

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket-please-fill-this-out/

and also

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-dec-2021/

for the 2018 ticket.

Then start a new thread and do exactly the same for the 2020 ticket.

Sorry, but as the fleecers have issued two claims you'll probably end up with two different court dates so everything needs to be duplicated.

13 hours ago, dx100uk said:

yea please slow down

for each claim:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

you also at some point in time before you file your defence in case its anything diff to the 1000's of speculative invoice claimform threads here 

we need to see EVERY letter /email etc in/out FOR BOTH CLAIMS from day one.

just use 2 mass pdf files - one for each claim please

CAREFULLY read our upload guide

scan up BOTHSIDE of everything in/out - one mass PDf for each claim ONLY.

please can you do all in the above posts please 

URGENT!!

we cant move you fwd without  it all being done

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC ANPR PCN's appeals lost - now 2*Claimforms - West Middlesex Hospital

Hello Dx,

Sure will do in the next 2-3 days.

I have been busy with family and work and I am hoping I can do it this week.

I do not have the original PCNs, I just have the response to the appeals (first appeal to UKPC and the second one is a response to the POPLA appeal) . The POPLA representation they made does have a copy of the PCNs in PDF form.

I got a ticket for parking in an unmarked area, it was not an ANPR PCN. The ticket was issued by a warden.

Thanks,

G.

so there was a windscreen ticket on the car?

dx

and they

post it up please

was this the same in both cases?

just type no need to keep hitting quote

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC 2xWindsceen PCN's appeals lost - now 2*Claimforms - West Middlesex Hospital

Windscreen tickets are much rarer here than ANPR and usually the fleecers are too arrogant and stupid to follow the law properly.  You may well have a get-out-of-jail-free card.

But we won't know until, for each ticket, you fill in the two stickies, then let us see what the fleecers left on the car, plus the PCN that subsequently arrived in the post and how far you dropped yourself in it when you appealed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dx and FTMDave, 

I had a look and do not have the original PCNs.  Any ideas what I should be submitting as defence while I try to get evidence supporting my case.

Thanks

G.