• Tweets

• I've given it a try, I expect alot of work required so will give my eyes and brain a rest as I'm getting word blind.. and I'll come back later following your initial bashings Thanks IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;   I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim.   1. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. The Defendant has not entered any contract with the Claimant. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. 4. The Claimant claims a Notice of Assignment was served on the 22/02/2022. This is denied. 5. The Claimant claims a Default Notice was served on the defendant. This is denied. 6. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 7. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. 8. Point 3 is noted and denied. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 9. Point 5 is noted and disputed. 10. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked *** The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 11. Point 11 is noted and disputed. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. 12. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** (dates are wrong) 13. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 14. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 21/12/2022. Conclusion 15. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 16. The Claimant has been unjustly enriched at the expense of the Defendant by purchasing bulk debt at a greatly reduced cost and subrogating for the original creditor in trying to recuperate the full amount of the original debt 17. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter into settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter into such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment. Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
    • eh?...no you are simply telling them you have moved...
    • I agree with you. You and the company are separate legal entities so the company property that you damaged is third party property as far as you are concerned..  Get the company to write to you holding you formally responsible for the damage to their fence with the quotations for the repair. Send it by post (proof of posting) to Prima and ask them to confirm they will deal with the the third party directly. Best that someone other than you writes on behalf of the company! I suspect this is simply lack of knowledge by staff on customer service desks who don't understand the concept of companies and their shareholders being separate legal entities. If Prima still make difficulties use their formal complaints system until either they agree to cover the TP claim or issue a deadlock letter. You can then go the FCA.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

even though i am repaying £95.00 a month a letter was left today saying they are going to remove goods.

Now i dont know what to do my council (islington is no help) at work in a blind panic trying to figure out how am i going to raise £395.00!!

I did speak to teh baliff he said my repayment plan had been broken and that there was a warrant for the full some...

i then went into a long explaination with him telling him i am up to date with my repayment i had sent a copy of the letter saying when my repayments wsre due to start at to date they are up to date... please can some body give me some advise as im getting really peed off with this letters. now.

Thankfully the baligff says he has'nt added any charges on to my account..

Thanks.

i hope you are paying money direct to the council and not the bailiff ??

bailiffs talk dribble they can do nothing to you cant take your stuff\collect money in 72 hours all they can do is talk dribble

they don't have a warrant either

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

i hate baliffs you always reply with such an honest approach to baliffs but this does not stop me worrying about fees warrants.. i posted a thread a few weeks back saying yes i was repaying the money to the baliffs cause my council did not accept my payments.... now ive recieved another letter today...so what next continue paying and ignore!

ignore is prob not the best option as it wont go away

most people would say pay council direct as they cannot refuse payment if they do formal complaint to council

Have you contacted your local MP??

the bailiff has no right of entry no powers to arrest you ,kidnap the dog or anything else he comes up with

you are not alone there is millions of people behind with council tax and the use of bailiffs in such way i think is wrong

deny them a levy and not much they could ever do apart from hand it back to the council

easy to say but nothing to worry about with bailiffs ignore the door if need be NOTHING they can do

Hi Daisy72, I am sorry to hear what is happening to you. I guess that the bailiffs you are dealing with are Equita about whom you already have a thread with?

If it is, it will probably be better if we transfer this thread to your earlier one so we can get a fuller picture.

Did you ever manage to get a full account from the bailiffs of what their fees were? I suspect that they have overcharged you by a lot more than the £95 they say

you have missed.

I know it is difficult to stand up to these people because many of them are bullies and/or thugs and are very good at frightening those who are not so able to face them down.

Are you a lady on your own, prgnant, on benefits, a pensioner or have any disability or illness? The reason for asking is to see if we can get the bailiffs off your case.

I note in the other thread that you said the council would not accept your payments.Tthey should not do that and I suggest that you send them a cheque if you can for your

next payment advising them that they cannot refuse your cheque or you will complain to the Department of Communities and Local Government. At the same time advise the

bailiffs that you are now paying the Council direct since they are saying you have broken the agreement and you know you haven't.

You haven't said, but have the bailiffs been into your house yet?

hello looking for info... ibaliff attended yesrday leaving a 24 hr removal notice...i get paid from work tomorrow s i am going to make a repayment to the council rather than equita. None of my good have been levied by a baliff , and this afternoon I see i have a missed call from the baliff inquestion.

Thing is what do i do now?

I think you need to write a formal complaint to the council - email their customer services dept and title the email FORMAL COMPLAINT RE : (put your council tax ref number in).

While your complaint is being dealt with they should stop all bailiff action until it is resolved. Do you live on your own? if so make sure the council know that and that you are frightened as this bailiff says he wants to come into your home and make a list of goods. If you need help with the email/letter please let me know.

If you are paying £95 a month why are they visiting you and leaving letters? Can't you pay the council via their website?.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

a 24 hour removal notice they relying on fear and intimidation chances are they wont be back in 24 hours,but may be a few days

last time i had one of those letters,next i heard it was handed back to council

do not call bailiff

start emails formal complaint to council and local MP

next doors cat has more right to be on your property than the bailiff

you will be breaking no law having no dealings with bailiff

If you dont speak to a bailiff and they havent been in your house to levy goods, then the only thing they can do is hand it back to the council or court and let them decide what happens next.

As stated, all the crap about them getting locksmiths/breaking in/whatever else is just that. Crap. It is meant to intimidate and scare you into paying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi guys and thank you all for your reposnses..

well i have repaid the outstanding amount of £286.00 straight to islington council as of 4.15pm today.... means i wont have alot of money left over after bills this month but rather that thean live in fear of baliffs.. only thing is now the equita baliffs say i owe £395.00.. so according to them £109.00 stil outstanding on the account..i have asked on several ocassions for a breakdown of charges letter but nothing.... cam anyone point me in the right direction for a template as i can send another letter tomorrow. Have sent equita an email requesting a full breakdown and informing them that i have repaid outstanding council tax to Islington council in full.

Thanks.

Has the bailiff performed a levy yet? If not, he is only entitled to visit fees, and those fee's are set in stone by law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

hi guys and thank you all for your reposnses..

well i have repaid the outstanding amount of £286.00 straight to islington council as of 4.15pm today.... means i wont have alot of money left over after bills this month but rather that thean live in fear of baliffs.. only thing is now the equita baliffs say i owe £395.00.. so according to them £109.00 stil outstanding on the account..i have asked on several ocassions for a breakdown of charges letter but nothing.... cam anyone point me in the right direction for a template as i can send another letter tomorrow. Have sent equita an email requesting a full breakdown and informing them that i have repaid outstanding council tax to Islington council in full.

Thanks.

i expect there fees are all made up

any liability order /warrant court document whatever they want to call it is now satisfied

if they want there money i would say it would be a civil case between you and the bailiffs they will no doubt move on to there next victim and give up on you once they realize they onto a looser

they cannot return and levy for there fees all i would do is pay the bailiff fees to the council first and second visit fee

i expect you have more than paid bailiffs over past few months

i have too paid my council bill today no bailiff fees i asked the council are you going to tell the bailiffs to get $$$$$$ or will you leave that pleasure to me:-D

If nothing was levied then he can only charge you a visit fee and certainly not the amount he's claiming. You MUST report him.

thanks all ... can i just get one piece of advise is that i am-liable for the 1st/2nd visit..well done ihate..... great feeling right :)

sort off have another court summons for this year move out next month and they claim till next year so really will owe nothing:wink:

first visit fee £24.50 second fee £18.00

you could pay that to council to pay bailiffs or knock it off this years bill up to council

your dealings with bailiffs should be over but they may try it on but they have nothing to act upon

Please note that once a Liability Order is satisfied, it ceases to have any effect in law. If certificated bailiffs try to tell you otherwise, tell them to go play with the traffic on the nearest motorway. Their legal protection is linked to the LO and once it ceases to have effect, their legal protection ceases with it. You are then at liberty to order them off your property to the extent of physically kicking their arses to the boundary of your property, though, I would not recommend this as you may end up with aching legs.

Have you asked the council what you owe according to their books? you could pay the council direct by internet banking

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Daisy you asked earlier for a template to ask the bailiffs to account for their fees.

Here is one and you can use it not just for your current problem with bailiffs, but others in the past who may have overcharged you-

The Bailiff Company

Their Address 1

Their Address 2

Their Address 3

Postcode

BY POST AND BY EMAIL

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME + REF]: Your fees.

I write following visits by your bailiff however there appears to an irregularity with your fees and I am writing to ask you to provide me the following within seven (7) days:

1) The name of the court that issued the certificate for the bailiff in charge.

2) Written itemised breakdown of a) your fees, and b) the original debt.

3) The name and address of the organisation that instructed you

4) a) Truthfully confirm in writing your fees are lawful and comply with legislation or, b) refund me the unlawful fees plus reasonable compensation for being cheated by your bailiff with his fees by midday the seventh day from the date of this letter.

A bailiff or any other person who dishonestly charges for work that has not been done will be committing an arrestable offence under the Fraud Act 2006. Section 2 of the Act specifically describes a person dishonestly makes a false representation and intends, by making the representation, to make a gain for himself or another, or cause a loss to another, or expose another to a risk of loss therefore, if no satisfactory refund is made to me by 12.00 midday seven (7) days from the date of this letter I will automatically file a complaint to police under the 2006 Fraud Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. If you have charged VAT on unlawful fees then you may be reported for VAT fraud and your documents will be given in evidence.

Case law requires I recover unlawful bailiffsicon fees from your client that instructed you. If you fail to make the required refund within seven days I will automatically proceed by filing the claim at court.

This is a letter before actionicon and is not a request to access any personal dataicon as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998.

This letter is delivered by Royal Mail and deem it good service upon you by the ordinary course of post under Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978. It now is your responsibility and in your best interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Yours Sincerely

YOUR NAME

Copied to: [NAME OF COUNCIL]

If they don't reply within 7 days, let us know and advise you how to speed things up and get

Please note that once a Liability Order is satisfied, it ceases to have any effect in law. If certificated bailiffs try to tell you otherwise, tell them to go play with the traffic on the nearest motorway. Their legal protection is linked to the LO and once it ceases to have effect, their legal protection ceases with it. You are then at liberty to order them off your property to the extent of physically kicking their arses to the boundary of your property, though, I would not recommend this as you may end up with aching legs.

:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yes and the aching legs reminded myself of me:whoo:

I think a lot of peeps would like to insert the toe of their boot up a bailiff's arse to the top lacehole. It would certainly give the bailiff something to think about, apart from sore buttocks and an inability to sit down without discomfort. Lol!