style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it would be nice to get back any money you have been overcharged. You can go back six years in reclaiming overcharges by bailiffs.

If they don't respond to your letter, please get back to us.[/quote

Well after reading and taking advise on this forum I have received my letter from equita with a breakdown of charges it is as follows:

Debt 816

Stat visit fee 42.50

Levy charge 52.00

Attendance charge160

Card charge 3.00

Now two things I a bit annoyed about no very annoyed about is levy charge 52.00 nothing has been levied!!! Attendance charge 160.00!!! How do I go about getting my money back also complaining! Debt has been paid in full but I've been coned big time!!

They are well known for inflating debts with bogus charges. Someone should be along soon and guide you to the right places to complain to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You have listed the charges but have they also given you the dates on which charge was applied, if so are any of these on the same day? I gather you know nothing about any "supposed" levy and assume therefore you have no Notice of Seizure. More letter writing again this time asking for details of the levy, if they are not forthcoming then remember the Council are also responsible and they can be forced to reveal the information required.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fact that Equita is currently under investigation by Northampton Trading Standards over their fees should tell you a lot. This is a case where OFT Credit Fitness Team and Trading Standards need to be informed as Equita hold an OFT Category F Debt Collection Licence. This means they MUST abide by the terms and conditions of the licence, OFT Debt Collection Guidelines and other applicable legislation, as well as MoJ Regulations. You can telephone your local TS and report the matter, but make sure you inform them that you will be sending a complaint, by email, to OFT Credit Fitness Team as well. In order to make a complaint to OFT Credit Fitness Team, send an email to [email protected] and insert CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box. Give a clear and concise resume of your complaint and quote the following details -

Company Name: Equita Limited

Credit Licence No.: 483020

I am attaching a number of documents to this post. One of them is the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. Look through these and quote any breaches in your complaint to OFT Credit Fitness Team.

In the past few weeks, there have been a large number of complaints made against Equita and another bailiff company, Marston Group, to OFT Credit Fitness Team. Some of these complaints are of a serious nature. All we can do is wait and see what action is taken.

The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (as amended).pdf

Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (1).pdf

OFT Debt Collection Guidelines (2011).pdf

national-standards-enforcement-agents.pdf