camerons latest missive

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just hope Cameron does not get back in after the next general election. Befor you know it he'll be bringing back The Work House, he isn't keen on people who are hard-up, he is a disgrace I feel sorry for any of our under 25's after 2015 if he stays as PM.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't change culture by changing laws

camerons latest statement on the banking scandal surrounding barclays today.....funny but isnt that the exact opposite of what he is proposing for welfare?......double standards dont even begin start how I felt when I read this on BBC news

You don't change culture by changing laws

Not as far as the banks are concerned.

The prime minister said that laws and regulations were not the only way to reform the banks as he wholeheartedly endorsed the remarks by Sir Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, who called for a change in the culture of Britain's banking industry.

But the only way to reform welfare is to legislate, as debt4get rightly points out, the double standards employed here are scandalous.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

and how about this for their latest idea....from april 2013 with the introduction of UC...if you apply for a crisis loan you will no longer be given cash to spend...you will be issued with vouchers, spendable only in certain stores....and will include a ban on alcohol and cigarettes.....

link here

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2012/06/29/welfare-cuts-welcome-to-the-era-of-vouchers-for-the-poor/

I've had an idea;

Wouldn't it be good if we could arange for the 500,000 people who will be losing their DLA to leave their cars at Downing street for collection?

That would be bloody marvelous. :D

That would be bloody marvelous. :D

Have they put the screens up at the gates of downing street yet? talk was of stopping the likes of you and me even looking down at the door of number 10, tv crew and politicians only.. all in the name of security I'm sure

S.

Have they put the screens up at the gates of downing street yet? talk was of stopping the likes of you and me even looking down at the door of number 10, tv crew and politicians only.. all in the name of security I'm sure

S.

Ach, just leave the cars on Whitehall - I presume they haven't gated that off yet.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Ach, just leave the cars on Whitehall - I presume they haven't gated that off yet.

Does it have enough disabled parking spaces? What's the law on fines etc when a car is taken back? Somebody needs to float this on the Motoring board for clarification or FOI request it!

Sorry to be a damp squib but if it cost disabled folks money then.... we need a plan & legal representation to minimize this and provide the most embarrassment possible.

I think this could work just iron out the details folks! You got the time the brains and the inclination how about a mass CAG action? Even it it's just 1 car a day into the only available spaces near by it would be quite something.

Although you'd have to ask them disabled folks who use them if it was okay 1st!

Edited by speedfreek

Could leave the thousands of cars on the on/off ramp of every exit and entrane to the M25 - now that would be funny and probably more effective if timed right - how the participants would get home in any of these ideas is beyond me unless someone was generous to hire a fleet of coaches :)

Well It's started. :(

Outrage and shock after man sets himself on fire outside Birmingham job centre

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2012/06/29/reaction-outrage-and-shock-after-man-sets-himself-on-fire-outside-birmingham-job-centre-97319-31288482/

How many more people will be driven to such desperate measures?

Buddhist Monks have a tradition of this sort of protest and if it's okay for them to reach a higher plain that way who am I to disparage it?

This is actually something I've thought about quite a lot although in my fantasies it's in a bit more high profile places than outside a Birmingham job center : ninja :

Once you've become "Comfortably numb" it's only the act & it's significance that is important

For anybody who want to experience the feelings of the hopelessness of suicide watch Pink Floyds' "The Wall" with the finest bottle of Whisky (although I prefer cask Bourbon) you can afford. Turn the volume up sit back n drink. If you get through the whole film have Daft Punks "Interstella 5555" lined up as the sad bit in the middle brings you round to... a nice reality. Cartoon Pron : pound it :

Note that works for me but try explaining that to somebody else especially these younguns who do CBT on the NHS :lol:

Youtube the Marathon Man film dentist scene for how many times you'll be asked "is it safe?"

Self immolation is not the way to go (pardon the pun) it's an extremely painful way to attempt suicide, or form a protest, and there is no guarantee that, a) death ensues, b) the protest succeeds, Imagine going around for the rest of your life with the results of first degree burns, it's not pretty.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

And Camerons propaganda machine rolls on unchallenged...

NHS charging and rationing 'may be needed'

"More rationing of care and charging for services in the NHS need to be considered as it faces at least a decade of austerity, experts say.

The review did not go into detail about how these measures could be implemented.

But Nick Seddon, of the think-tank Reform, said international evidence suggested imposing charges for services such as seeing a GP could be extremely effective.

And Anita Charlesworth, chief economist at the Nuffield Trust, said if these options proved "too difficult politically or too damaging to vulnerable groups" health spending would have to fall in real terms."

I'd like to say I'm stunned, but sadly with the buggers in power at the moment I'm not. They're obviously using the excuse of the recession to attack not only the welfare state but the whole concept of the NHS.

We're now going to be headed back to an era when people unable to afford to visit their own GP. Disgusting. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18694119

And the Guardians take on this.

"Health service: surviving a lost decade"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/03/health-service-surviving-a-lost-decade?CMP=twt_gu

Oh I dunno. It's like the whole bloody county's on valium or something, but then the clamp down when it comes to main stream reporting isn't helping to get the info out there is it really.

This cruel welfare system is steadily crushing lives – where is the anger?

"Which brings us to revelations that appeared over the weekend, and the latest news about the government's increasingly brutal welfare-to-work drive. Thanks to research by Corporate Watch and an article in the Observer, we know that the private companies involved in the government's Work Programme have been pushing for unbelievable numbers of people to have their benefits cut, aiming at figures that even the ever-more stringent Jobcentre Plus regime has refused to sign off.

Meanwhile, there's a clear sense that in the context of a flatlining economy, the Work Programme's targets – indeed, its entire logic – are proving impossible: the scheme's core presumptions were based on economic growth of over 2%, and a revived job market. Given their non-appearance, the companies involved look they're getting desperate, and in the absence of any convincing carrot, frantically reaching for the stick."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/03/cruel-welfare-system-private-firms?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

What really annoys me is that making cuts to social care is again attacking a vulnerable group, many of who have worked all their working lives and paying taxes, National Insurance contributions believing that they would ok in later life.

They have already had cuts to their care packages such as: no provision given for housework tasks, no help with shopping etc. They now have to pay for these services privately.

When my mother's Social Worker called to review her package she was asked if she really needed to shower every day? She was told that it was conceived as a luxury and not deemed essential..... This I found extremely disgusting and I know that if I had not been there to fight her case her care package would have been cut.

This Government never cease to amaze me and not in a positive way!!!!!!!!!!!

Honesty I wonder what It will take for people to actually wake up from their collective stupor and rebel against this injustice? I mean the whole country can't be so well off that they feel secure in knowing they'll never need any kind of state help, surely?

My partners daughter works shifts on the A&E reception desk at my local NHS trust hospital, she has been commenting more and more over the last four years on the amount of admittances where the patient does not have English as a first language, it's now running at about 70%.

The burden on the NHS of migrants from the EU and outside is more than the system can cope with, areas of East London are experiencing an epidemic of tuberculosis, a disease we largely eradicated in this country.

A large percentage of economic (lets have it right, that's what they are) migrants from Eastern Europe either bring their families with them, or start families once established here, the pressure on maternity services alone is at breaking point.

It can't go on, I'm not going to start spouting clichés about just how tolerant I am, because frankly my tolerance has expired, we have enough of our own indigenous population with problems ranging from unemployment to health issues, we surely cannot keep up a sustained influx of migrants, and expect services to cope, something has to give.

If the current economics of health care mean that everyones NI contributions over many years count for nothing, and they will be expected to pay for seeing their GP or hospital treatment, it will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

They have already had cuts to their care packages such as: no provision given for housework tasks, no help with shopping etc. They now have to pay for these services privately.

If someone can't get help with shopping, (not everyone has access to the internet or knows how to use it) and social services takes away all their DLA / AA, what money do they use? Benefits aren't enough.

When my mother's Social Worker called to review her package she was asked if she really needed to shower every day? She was told that it was conceived as a luxury and not deemed essential.....

Disgusting. I had surgery several years ago and had to shower everyday, in order for the wound to be clean for when the dressing was changed. Why shouldn't a disabled person have a shower everyday? Some disabled need showers everyday.

and how about this for their latest idea....from april 2013 with the introduction of UC...if you apply for a crisis loan you will no longer be given cash to spend...you will be issued with vouchers, spendable only in certain stores....and will include a ban on alcohol and cigarettes.....

link here

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2012/06/29/welfare-cuts-welcome-to-the-era-of-vouchers-for-the-poor/

I actually think that this is a good idea, years ago grants were often made up of vouchers. These were for carpets and decorating, furnishings and for white goods.

I have seen what people do with their crisis loans and grants, I have seen first hand how many get them and their children have gone without because they have used this money on drink and drugs. This money is to help go towards feeding you and your family until the crisis is over.

Moving on. The government are mostly to blame for the recession. Billions of pounds were lost in the Icelandic crash, mismanagement of funds, spending billions on a war that we didnt need to be apart of. Our government cant fight the big boys, so they pick on the weak and the vulnerable and blame them.

Not sticking up for Cameron, I think he is a (cant repeat it on here).

Exactly Nystagmite..... This is where the government have no interest in dignity of the elderly and disabled, or appreciate the input they have put into the country's progression.

I spent my working life as a keyworker in a SCOPE run residential college for students with all sorts of different disabilities that ranged from behavioural syndromes to severe bodily disabled and only able to communicate through eye movement. My professional aim was to promote and work with my designated student to gain as an independent safe lifestlye as possible with dignity, during my time there I found it increasingly difficult to secure this goal when arranging funding and care packages for their transition into what is stereotyped as "A normal lifestyle". This announcement will only make that situation worse..........

not surprised by this announcement...though maybe if enough people care perhaps this could be camerons 'poll tax' moment...

I agree entirely, this would almost certainly be the final nail in the conservative coffin. I am not even convinced that there bed partners (The party of political prostitution) would swallow this one.

More tales of woe.

Citizens advice sees sickness and disability benefit problems soar.

Citizens Advice Bureaux around the country are reporting a massive rise in problems with ESA (Employment and Support Allowance), the benefit paid to people who are too ill or disabled to work. http://www.stockmarketwire.com/article/4401810/Citizens-Advice-sees-sickness-and-disability-benefit-problems-soar.html