Who are MKDP LLP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi AllThis is my first time posting so spologies if this is in the wrong place.I have just been checking my credit file on credit expert and an entry has been added by MKDP LLP on 26th February saying that I have an account in default.

I have never heard of these people and have not received any correspondance from them, i moved address last october but my mail has been being forwarded so if they had written to me i would have received it.

What do i do now? I have emailed credit expert to see if they can provide any more information but other than that i dont know where to start.

Thanks

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

They have website. Apparently they buy debts and make you happeier as a result. They also do debt reovery and claim to abide by the banking code - which is great because the code was abolished in Nov 2009 and was replaced by BCOBS.

I wonder whether they abide by that?

In fact it's a bit worrying that they don't seem to know that the Code has gone because it seems that their website was set up in 2010 - after the abolition of the code.

Hmm this is strange because HDBC has sent me a letter dated 5th March (received 16th!) telling me they have sold the (my) debt to them.

They start by saying they've sold it in the 1st paragraph and in the 3rd say quote, 'MKDP LLP have appointed MK Rapid Recoveries as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf'.

Strangely enough in the same envelope is a letter from MKDP saying HSBC has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest. This will no doubt be 'fun'. LOL Trying to extract monies from someone with none available.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

• 2 months later...

The debt is circa 3.5 years old now

I've now had a letter mentioning pre-legal department with potential CCJ's and Attachment of Earnings as a threat if I do not communicate with them.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

In fact it's a bit worrying that they don't seem to know that the Code has gone because it seems that their website was set up in 2010 - after the abolition of the code.
:pound:You couldn't make it up!

Pre-litigation? Pre-school mumbo jumbo more like!

There is no pre-anything, they either will or won't, in this case I strongly expect it be the latter of the two.

Have you checked your credit file?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

:pound:You couldn't make it up!

Pre-litigation? Pre-school mumbo jumbo more like!

There is no pre-anything, they either will or won't, in this case I strongly expect it be the latter of the two. It could however, be the former Bazooka and they issue N1's without the correct LBA, so to anyone who has had letter from them, please beware!

Have you checked your credit file?

Who is this question aimed at regarding the credit file Bazooka? The OP stated that MK were on their file and they had never heard of them

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I had fun with Tradepro Card Services who are really these muppets. they took to court and we defended, and letter from county court came through that the hearing date for case had been VACATED as they had not paid their hearing fee of nearly £600. They wrote a poor letter to the court to say there was nobody within their company at the time to sign the cheque, eeerrrmmm, a big company and all that paper work, etc twaddle tripe and horse poo.

they really go under COMPELLO Card Services (Tradepro) and MKDP are more than likely the next desk in their posh offices. So after hearing vacated last year, Mkdp are now arranging payment arrangements!!! ER, we don't think so, they effectivly bottled out the hearing, but think they can start collection activity again??? Comments please, I may scan Court letter and mail it to them to show what bunch of loons they are being. If they had bang to rights, theywould have happily turned up at court.

Hi Folks,

I had fun with Tradepro Card Services who are really these muppets. they took to court and we defended, and letter from county court came through that the hearing date for case had been VACATED as they had not paid their hearing fee of nearly £600. They wrote a poor letter to the court to say there was nobody within their company at the time to sign the cheque, eeerrrmmm, a big company and all that paper work, etc twaddle tripe and horse poo.

they really go under COMPELLO Card Services (Tradepro) and MKDP are more than likely the next desk in their posh offices. So after hearing vacated last year, Mkdp are now arranging payment arrangements!!! ER, we don't think so, they effectivly bottled out the hearing, but think they can start collection activity again??? Comments please, I may scan Court letter and mail it to them to show what bunch of loons they are being. If they had bang to rights, theywould have happily turned up at court.

Is that the company thats trades off the dung Heap??/ phew!!!!!!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I have ( unfortuneately ) an account with Trade Pro which I have been paying off. I have this morning recieved a letter from Trade Pro saying they have sold my 'debt ' to MKDP LLP and all correspondence should be with them. Should I believe this ? Should I get in touch with Trade pro ? Are Trade Pro allowed to do this ?

Any help please

Phil

Hi Folks,

So you entered a defence and they, in effect, withdrew from the claim because they didnt pay the court fees?

They now believe they can pick up where they left off before the issued the claim ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D