NCO Europe KEEP calling!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just joined this site, been reading for about 10 minutes and I'm getting impatient with NCO Europe whatever. The calls started about 2 weeks ago, first with calls to my parents house asking for my first name but a different surname, however as I'm rarely there I can't take the phonecall. Now just today at lunchtime I got the first call to my mobile (while driving!! dont worry i'm law abiding and i have handsfree) from the same number asking for the same guy and asked me to confirm my address. I said I think you have the wrong guy, and they then said "Are you (this person's name)?" and I said no. They then said "Is (the persons address) your address?" I again said no. And they said 'no problem' and put the phone down.

Once I got back home, without finding this forum first, I gave the same number a call and said 'you keep calling me, who are you'. They then put me on hold for about a minute and said that they are a debt collection agency for eBay (the guy had an excellent welsh accent so 'eBay' sounded amazing - no offence intended to the welsh!). I have had an eBay account that did have overdue charges about a year ago, but I paid them with no hassle and then got bored of eBay and closed my account. So naturally I said to NCO that I don't have an eBay account. They then asked me for just my post code, I gave it to them (the post code of my parents house where they keep ringing) and they checked it and found nothing. The guy on the phone then said to tell the next person that rings you that they have the wrong number (can't they just do it ffs?!). He then put down the phone - so I found this site 10 mins later and decided to share my story.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I just to put up with possibly more phonecalls? I'm not too bothered because I can barr the number on my mobile, but my parents don't really like it, and because I'm 18 and a med student at uni my parents are going mad thinking I'm getting myself in debt! (as if I don't have enough student loan as it is!). I did have a paypal account, but I also closed that with the eBay account last year, so I'm very sure I don't owe anything...

Cheers,

lai1

This is typical I'm afraid. You could do Harassment by Phone letter and send Recorded Delivery. Don't talk to them on the phone and don't call back. If you got BT you can have a service call "Choose and Refuse" you can then get their number barred. They also use other numbers starting 0121 733 ????

You can adapt this one

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

Yours faithfully,

Very good idea, I will do that if they call again. Do they have a period of time they call and then stop afterwards (i.e. give up?), as I could wait it out.. hmm.

Oh one problem though, I don't want them to have my details from the letter, incase they start harrassing me at my or my parents door, and start finding more details they shouldn't have!

They send out a card saying that Mr so and so will be calling, dependent up which week it is, could be Green could be Brown, always visits on a Tuesday. Take no notice. He doesn't exist. They phone at any time, I usually get one call a day, they have yet to speak to me, usually put the phone down. If they have your parents address then you will get a letter from them. If you do get a letter just come back with details for further help. Don't worry about them I think you can tell by the thread and others concerning NCO that they are held in the highest regard, not.

good luck.

:) Well I for 2 weeks have had phone calls every day on the hour from all the following no 01212107400 / 08701525673 / 0126237100 / 08701525677 / 08709032341 / 08701525675 some they speak some they don’t they ask for my full name date of birth and address of course I don’t tell them any one who would confirm to a stranger on a phone line there id is mad every one should protect the id not give it away I too had no idea what this was about until I received a post card from a Mr. brown pay pal I sold an item on eBay 5 month ago stating its description to the tee including some fault on it. it sold I sent it recorded delivery keeping the receipt and the copy of the buyers signature on receipt of the goods and the time it was delivered to him got the money safe in to my bank account and on the same day closed my pay pal account as I had nothing more to sell and did not have any more use of the account and every one had there goods so I had no need to keep it open or did I 10 days later , I was sent a email from pay pal saying item not as described refund wanted from buyer ,after email after email and no joy from pay pal you could just not get through or hung on to a phone for 10-15 at a time as I could not get in to my account to dispute the allegation as I had closed the account and they pay pal constantly ignoring my emails and phone calls I just gave up well I had the cash he had the goods I did nothing wrong so SUE ME so today I phone BT who told me I was being harassed and they changed my phone no with in seconds they said DO NOT PHONE the 0870 no’s they are premium rates any one who causes you distress even after 1 phone call is harassment I could have chosen a chouse to refuse but there is only 10 phone no you can bar and as you can see NCO have quite a few and the cost was 3.35 per month so NCO take me to court I will love to see the written agreement I had with you or pay pal I will love to tell the judge my side of the story with all my evidence he paid I sent he got exactly what he paid for as stated in writing do not allow these people to intimidate you at all go on to wwwpaypalsucks.com to the UK sight log in you defense they are gathering evidence to get this to stop NOW DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY YOU DID NOTHING WRONG LET THEM PROVE YOU DID :-x

You say you are 18, and that you had an Ebay account around a year ago?

You were underage for credit at the time, so any debt you had then is unenforceable, quite apart from the fact you paid it off!

Thats a fair point. I did..um..'lie' about my age by a few months.. I really wanted something on eBay! I don't think that had anything to do with this situation (I hope) though, as I payed it off way before any DCA could get their hands on it. It was only a few pounds anyway.

:) Well I for 2 weeks have had phone calls every day on the hour from all the following no 01212107400 / 08701525673 / 0126237100 / 08701525677 / 08709032341 / 08701525675 some they speak some they don’t they ask for my full name date of birth and address of course I don’t tell them any one who would confirm to a stranger on a phone line there id is mad every one should protect the id not give it away I too had no idea what this was about until I received a post card from a Mr. brown pay pal I sold an item on eBay 5 month ago stating its description to the tee including some fault on it. it sold I sent it recorded delivery keeping the receipt and the copy of the buyers signature on receipt of the goods and the time it was delivered to him got the money safe in to my bank account and on the same day closed my pay pal account as I had nothing more to sell and did not have any more use of the account and every one had there goods so I had no need to keep it open or did I 10 days later , I was sent a email from pay pal saying item not as described refund wanted from buyer ,after email after email and no joy from pay pal you could just not get through or hung on to a phone for 10-15 at a time as I could not get in to my account to dispute the allegation as I had closed the account and they pay pal constantly ignoring my emails and phone calls I just gave up well I had the cash he had the goods I did nothing wrong so SUE ME so today I phone BT who told me I was being harassed and they changed my phone no with in seconds they said DO NOT PHONE the 0870 no’s they are premium rates any one who causes you distress even after 1 phone call is harassment I could have chosen a chouse to refuse but there is only 10 phone no you can bar and as you can see NCO have quite a few and the cost was 3.35 per month so NCO take me to court I will love to see the written agreement I had with you or pay pal I will love to tell the judge my side of the story with all my evidence he paid I sent he got exactly what he paid for as stated in writing do not allow these people to intimidate you at all go on to wwwpaypalsucks.com to the UK sight log in you defense they are gathering evidence to get this to stop NOW DO NOT PAY THEM A PENNY YOU DID NOTHING WRONG LET THEM PROVE YOU DID :-x

very interesting but in future can you use larger text very difficult to read. im going on to paypalsucks this min :p;)

No hassle I don’t wish for any body to be as frightened as I was by the NCO scare tack ticks again it was not until I sat and thought logically and the help from paypal sucks that I realized I had done nothing wrong if I had I would have come clean like most British people would have we are not a nation of dodgers just the rare few but what we hate most in people are liars and cheats and this is all these people are both pay pal and NCO keep up all the good work it helps so many :rolleyes:

We have all been fooled by these BULLY BOYS and their lying and threats. Not any more thanks to this wonderful forum and its experts.

Simple policy. IGNORE THEM and like a bad smell they will disappear. If the smell persists use an Air Freshner like new CCA 1974. It always works with imbeciles and cheats

You say you are 18, and that you had an Ebay account around a year ago?

You were underage for credit at the time, so any debt you had then is unenforceable, quite apart from the fact you paid it off!

This is completely irrelevant; neither PayPal nor eBay offer credit - they are not licensed as credit providers.

The "any debt you had is unenforceable" is utter rubbish. If you sign a CREDIT AGREEMENT as a minor, that agreement is unenforceable. However, if you avail yourself of a service and then do not pay, you can be pursued if you are over 16.

Please try to ensure that advice you give is clear and unambiguous, and if you're not sure, SAY NOTHING.

a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.

just get your mom to say you have gone to live over seas if she dose not wish to change her phone no

Why on EARTH would you run and hide from these idiots? As the previous poster said, you have them by the short and curlies JUST by sending the "cease and desist" letter. The next action will be to report them to Trading Standards.

They don't know mine or my parents address though and I dont want them to have it - If i send the letter they will know my address :(.

They just rang me AGAIN on my mobile - this time I told them they definately have the wrong person on both phone number and they said 'ok, sorry, have a nice day', but I bet they will ring again.

They don't know mine or my parents address though and I dont want them to have it - If i send the letter they will know my address :(.

They just rang me AGAIN on my mobile - this time I told them they definately have the wrong person on both phone number and they said 'ok, sorry, have a nice day', but I bet they will ring again.

Then I advise you to call Consumer Direct (the point of contact for Trading Standards) and request that they contact NCO Europe with a demand to cease and desist, and to conduct any business in writing.

You should not have to put up with this. Send them the harassment letter without disclosing your addresses but ORDER them to remove BOTH phone numbers from their systems. If you dont they will continue to plague you and your parents

The next action will be to report them to Trading Standards.

Err - and just what good will that do?

What is frustratingly apparent reading through this site is that people like Trading Standards (or the police) are as much use as a chocolate teapot when it comes to helping an individual.

NCO regularly flout all the guidelines and half the laws on the statue book but no one in authority seems to be able to do anything about it :mad:

If they get a couple of hundred complaints they may start an investigation, 3 or 4 years later they may take action.

I consider myself duly chastised...

quote=StoneLaughter;703030]This is completely irrelevant; neither PayPal nor eBay offer credit - they are not licensed as credit providers.

The "any debt you had is unenforceable" is utter rubbish. If you sign a CREDIT AGREEMENT as a minor, that agreement is unenforceable. However, if you avail yourself of a service and then do not pay, you can be pursued if you are over 16.

Please try to ensure that advice you give is clear and unambiguous, and if you're not sure, SAY NOTHING.

a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks