Rude letter from iQor for a mystery debt

jimbo_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I received a letter from iQor recovery services yesterday, addressed to "fat boy", honestly! The letter started "dear boy", it went on to accuse 'fat boy' of owing ebay buyer protection a few hundred quid, and that they were acting on their behalf. I spoke to ebay via their live chat and they agree my account is fine, its even a couple of quid in credit.

Get back from the school run and there is a message on my phone from these jokers, starts out "Hi this is a message for fat boy", I nearly fell over when I heard it. They left their number and asked the mysterious 'boy' to ring them back. Now I'm pretty positive my names not fat boy and my ebay name isn't ether. They have my address and phone number I presume from ebay, but not my name! What a bunch of incompetent idiots, I have no debt with ebay, and these people are chasing an imaginary person.

I'm obviously not going to ring them or write to them, I hope they take 'fat boy' to court, should be a giggle. I've made a complaint to ebay, but not heard anything back yet.

:lol:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well Slim Jim that is certainly insulting :lol:

Be interesting to see what ebay say.

Would not normaly advise speaking to a DCA but in this case I couldn't resist. Next time iqor call answer the phone and keep calling the peron on the other end dog breath - see how they like it.

:lol:

dx

The letter did make me laugh, and my mates found it hilarious, only a small beer gut. Its the phone call I found creepy, how the hell can you ring a number and ask for fat boy? I've emailed watchdog, I'm sure they would love the letter. Sadly I deleted the call before I thought about it, I was angry! but I intend to screen my calls.

Be interesting to see what ebay say.

I had a reply from ebay this morning, which is totally irrelevant, I said it was a letter, they cant even get that right....

Hello xxxxxxx, Thank you for writing to us regarding the email you received. I understand you're concerned as you were informed that you incurred fees for the item you didn't listing. I've checked your account and I can assure you there's nothing wrong with your account at this time. eBay did not send this email to you. Based on the information you've given us, the email is likely to be a fake, or 'spoof' email. xxxxxxx, we recommend that you ignore this email and delete it from your email account. Don't respond or click on any links, buttons or pictures in the email. Please be aware that Spoof emails claim to be from a trustworthy source like eBay and ask you to provide personal account information such as passwords and payment details. They often ask you to click on a link in the email and sign in to a fake website. eBay would never ask you to provide personal information in an email or link to a secure page from an email. eBay never sends attachments.

Do these people actually read what you send. I replied....

Morning

I obviously didn't make myself clear. This is a letter, not an email from a debt collection company called iQor

who ebay uses to chase debts. The letter if you can believe it is addressed to 'fat boy', not personally to myself,

although it has my postal address. It states that they are acting on behalf of EBAY BUYER PROTECTION, and

demands payment of £248.

I also received a phone call from iQor, when I was out. The left a messages asking for 'fat boy' (I know it sounds insane) to ring them in regards to a debt to ebay. Im pretty sure my name isn't 'fat boy', and neither is my ebay user name. Somehow they have my details from you, chasing someone for a debt at my address which you and I know is false.

I spoke to ebay live chat yesterday and they agreed too that my account was fine. So the question is why am I being

harassed by a company engaged by you? Receiving abusive letter and phone calls? This need sorting before I need to contact trading standards and the police.

I would appreciate a swift conclusion to this.

Edited by jimbo_

Have you looked on ebay - is there anyone listed on there called fatboy.

It could be a case of mistaken identity - especialy if, like you say, you have a bit of a beer belly :lol:

Yes I've looked, there is a fatboy, but in the U.S., even iqor couldn't be that stupid. He has a 100% feedback. There are variations of 'fatboy' from the UK, but they have 100% feedback too . Dealing with ebay is like banging your head off a brick wall, and I'm certainly not ringing them up wasting my money.

My ebay account is in credit, and my paypal has a zero balance.

Very small beer belly :-)

Plus nobody has a real name of 'fat boy' so if ebay did give iQor my address they would have my full name. My name and address are also linked to a verified account with paypal, part of ebay.

This is monumentally dumb, even by a DCA's standards, this is exactly why these clowns should never be taken seriously, I hope Watchdog do pick this up as I would like to hear idiot Iqor explain this!

Absolutely ridiculous, complain also to the OFT&TS, and the media/press.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Suggest sending a sarcastic letter to Ebays UK head office. Dear b*llock brain.

I would think the emails you send are answered in India.

If you come up with a funny letter in response, you might get some press coverage. One of your local papers might be interested.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I see you need 10 posts to post a link, I will upload a pic if a mod will remove the limit, I don't want to spam my own thread. :smile:

Have a scout about, see if there's 4 people you can give some advice too :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Will do, 8. :thumb:

Or just add replies to this thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I wouldn't mind, but they could have called you Mr Boy !!! Or Dear Fat

I wouldn't mind, but they could have called you Mr Boy !!! Or Dear Fat

That's what I thought, a little abrupt. The bloke who left a message on the answer phone also said, "Its a message for fat boy". Not Mr fat boy, how rude. :wink: