Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can study for up to 16 hours and to be eligible claim JSA depending on circumstances. However you must be ready and available for any full time job and must apply for any to fulfill your JSA requirements and it is not possible to turn down a job because of your studying.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can study for up to 16 hours and to be eligible claim JSA depending on circumstances. However you must be ready and available for any full time job and must apply for any to fulfill your JSA requirements and it is not possible to turn down a job because of your studying.

So I am allowed to do college and part time work?

I am doing part time work and part time

College.

From direct.gov

Part-time students

If you’re studying part time, you may be able to claim Jobseeker's Allowance if you are:

out of work or working less than 16 hours a week on average

capable of working

available for work

actively seeking work

below retirement age

Normally, you must also be aged 18 or over. You must be willing to go to a job interview, even if you have to take time off from your course. You should also be prepared to rearrange your hours of study to fit around a job.

Normally, you must also be aged 18 or over. You must be willing to go to a job interview, even if you have to take time off from your course. You should also be prepared to rearrange your hours of study to fit around a job.

Hello there.

Do you think you can fit in with this one? If you can't drop everything and go for an interview or work when it can be offered to you, you may find you have problems with the job centre. We see plenty of that.

Directgov say that you 'may' get JSA, so possibly the only way to find out would be to apply.

I know someone on the forum works in a JCP, I'll see if they're around to help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

Do you think you can fit in with this one? If you can't drop everything and go for an interview or work when it can be offered to you, you may find you have problems with the job centre. We see plenty of that.

Directgov say that you 'may' get JSA, so possibly the only way to find out would be to apply.

I know someone on the forum works in a JCP, I'll see if they're around to help.

My best, HB

I am already claiming jsa.

The course is only 3 days a week. We'd morning all day thurs an Friday morning.

Hacked_off, as long as you have declared the hours you are at college to the JCP then you will be fine.

The thing is I'm not keen to declare it. Last time I was at college I was forced to leave to go on that stupid two week course were you just sit there and get patronised.

Mr X is My name. I have been a photographer for over 16 years and also have been teaching photography for 8 years. I bring a unique teaching style to students which will guarantee creative and fun learning by all student photographers while elevating them to new, exciting photographic heights that they have only dreamed of.I often conduct LIVE slide/talk lectures on Understanding Exposure, the Art of Seeing, Macro Photography and Photographing People throughout Australia, Great Britain and Asia..At the moment, I am in a work-ship in the Great Britain.I will be here for 2 month after which I will fly down to Philippines for a Live-slide/talk show lectures with some students.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * YOUR DUTIES AS MY OFFICE/PERSONAL ASSISTANT.

While I am out of the Country I need some one who can stand in the gap for me. His/her duties will be the following

1.To receive letters and mails on my behalf.

2.Receive checks/Funds in your account *from clients who want to attend the forth coming workshops or Live shows.

3.Schedule appointments for me.

4.Book my flight tickets.

5.Send letters and mails from my clients.

This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location to carry out any of the activities. All you need do is to check your emails twice daily and keep your phone on most times in case i might need to call you from anywhere i may be.I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available to start. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Let me know if you have any of the office equipments (If not, I will make arrangements to send them to your address)

Printer:

Personal Laptop/Desktop:

Internet Access:

Scanner:

For proper review(since i am not available now to set up a face-to-face interview) supply out correctly the information below.

FIRST NAME ......................

SURNAME..........................

ADDRESS......(No P.O. Box).......

CITY ............................

STATE............................

ZIP CODE.........................

COUNTRY..........................

PHONE NUMBER (S) ................

PRESENT OCCUPATION...............

GENDER...........................

Email............................

Qualification:

1. Educational background is not a criteria.

2. You must be Organized and able to take instructions well Dependable, Reliable, Trustworthy a must

3. Must have excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)

4. Have great work ethic and attitude, as well as people skills, pay-attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking, and works well understress at times.

Benefits:

- Yearly performance bonus

- Paid vacation/sick/personal days

Salary: **

- £200 weekly

Also, there will be compensation for efficiency and hard working.

Thanks

You could of course reply back with fake details and wind the person up....

I did that once with a girl thingy. I sent a picture of a very respectable gent that I got from Google images and in return I had a nice email, (special hotmail I set up), and a picture

of a girl in a kitchen doing cooking.

So I says, I like cooking and she replied 'she would love to do some English cooking in an English kitchen'.

I thought 'you didn't waste much time in getting the first dig in that you want to come to England'

I didn't go any further even though my intention was to get the 'can you send me the money for an airline ticket' and tell them to FO in plain speak, you know the kind that is supposed to make a sailor blush. I wish I had kept it up or at least kept the emails then I could have published them.