Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nope, Oct hours worked will be paid in Nov. They do the payroll based on hours worked from 1st to 31st or whatever date is the last day.

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you sign on you will complee for B7 to declare the hours worked and it also requests the date you expect to be paid for the work so just fill in the form when you sign and the BC will calculate your JSA based on that info and will then set a case control to request your first payslip.

You will still be paid as normal when you sign to declare part time work but they will set a case control to request your first payslip when it's diu to reassess you entitlement after you have received you first pay, and then you have to submit each payslip until you either increase your hours to 16 or more or your wages average out over a fixed period and then you will only be required to declare a change of hours/wage when it hapens within the limits they advise you of.

But I'm normally paid £30 a fortnight bases on ten hours a week. The new job is 15 so I shouldn't get any jsa at all. Would I get the full jsa payment in the meantime?

Hello Hacked Off. :)

Is there any chance you could lighten up please? The guys on this forum are just trying to help you. We are not the enemy and have our own problems, no need to shout at us.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello Hacked Off. :)

Is there any chance you could lighten up please? The guys on this forum are just trying to help you. We are not the enemy and have our own problems, no need to shout at us.

My best, HB

Erm what part was offensive? :s

Did he sign a contract? If so, he might be able to sue for notice pay. If not, nothing can be done.

No contract was signed. It was all done verbally over the phone and one email confirming start dates etc

I didn't think anything could be done, a bit suckey for him though!

Cheers

I have never heard of a company paying a monthly salary a month in arrears. At end of November you should get paid for 26-27-28 October plus November's salary.

In essence you are saying that if you had started on 1st Nov you would not have been paid for the month of November until end of December? That can't be right?

Actually to me seems normal.

Every job I have had pay has always been in arrears, if the timing is unlucky then its a long delay before pay.

Why would a company pay a new untrusted employee in advance?

I have only had one job that paid monthly tho, but that was in arrears.

Every job I have had pay has always been in arrears, if the timing is unlucky then its a long delay before pay.

Payment in arrears is standard, yes, but it sounds as though this company pays two months in arrears. Anyone I've ever worked for has paid one month in arrears.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If I start a job on 01/11/2012 I expect to be paid for that month at the end of November i.e. 30th November 2012 so hardly call that being paid in advance. I have never had to wait until end of December or two months before being paid if I started work on 01/11/2012. I have never heard of this even when I worked for a short while in a government department!

If I start a job on 01/11/2012 I expect to be paid for that month at the end of November i.e. 30th November 2012 so hardly call that being paid in advance. I have never had to wait until end of December or two months before being paid if I started work on 01/11/2012. I have never heard of this even when I worked for a short while in a government department!

In that example i would of got paid in December but left that job

That too was Government Department and worked there just over 10 years!

Left that job end of September this year

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

sorry I think I misunderstood you.

I thought you meant you start last week of nov and then not get first full month pay until dec 31.

But if you mean t you start last week of oct then your first full month pay should be end of nov.

Problem is tho I dont think there is a law that makes 2 months arrears illegal, so it be one of those situations you accept it or quit.

Fire service:-)

I'll say it again!

I start on Monday.

We are paid on the last day of the month.

I will be paid for October 27/28/29 on the 30th November.

I will be paid for November on the 31st dec.

Effectively leaving me with no money until the end of December, with 3 days wages to last two months.

This works out at £6 a week.

Again I'm not debating that there's anything u can do about that, that's not what I'm asking!!!

I was thinking crisis loans but I was told last time you only get a certain % of what your jsa is. As inwouldn be entitled to any jsa money I would of thought I'd get nothing.

I'm wary of going in to the job centre to clarify In case I get sanctioned.

Again I'm not debating that there's anything u can do about that, that's not what I'm asking!!!

We understand that, and we're not debating it nor disputing your statement, beyond seeking initial clarification. Sometimes side discussions happen on threads, and lo! here is one newly hatched from the mother discussion egg. This schedule of payment is unusual - it attracts comment.

Anyhow, you won't be at risk of sanction simply because you approach the Jobcentre to ask the question, especially as it's for 15 hours per week. I believe it is possible to get a CL as "alignment to wages", but I'm no expert on that. Certainly, there's no absolute requirement to be on benefits in order to be eligible, but I have heard that people who aren't do have problems from time to time.

Edit: Actually, now I think about it, are alignment payments available for people going into part time work?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I don't think the alignment payments are there for going into part time work only if the work is 16 hours or more, I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my previous posts...... when you declare your new part time hours you will complete a new A15C and B7 to declare hours worked and when you expect your first/next wage to be paid, the Benefit centre will then use the attribution of part time wages for your existing work to calculate your JSA award and you will need to notify them in writing that this job ceases and the date it ceases also giving the date your last wage for that job will be paid, Your new wage will then be calculated when it is due to be paid, e.g end of November.

• Haha 1

I'll say it again!

I start on Monday.

We are paid on the last day of the month.

I will be paid for October 27/28/29 on the 30th November.

I will be paid for November on the 31st dec.

Effectively leaving me with no money until the end of December, with 3 days wages to last two months.

This works out at £6 a week.

A company pays whenever the payroll cough up!...What your saying is about working a month in hand!... it is hard but if thats the way they pay then thats it

I work for a company where the month is 1-31st and pay day on the 5th working day of the following!.....

Although as a suggestion could you not ask the company for a loan ( apologies for the suggestion if its been covered i haven't read the post fully!)