My endless Quest again Northern Rock

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=609181

There is a discussion about one on the link above, from 2007 so not sure if the information is still relevant.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is a discussion about one on the link above, from 2007 so not sure if the information is still relevant.

If we are talking about restrictions, there is much case law over the last few years. It really depends on so many factors it would be impossible to advise without knowing details of the particular case.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

2 Appeal Court cases this year CB

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If they were heard in the higher courts, you could try....

http://www.bailii.org/

If they were small court hearings then it might be harder to obtain as they don't usually publish those.

BCOBS

i assume then these type of things are only there to protect a third party interest only?

That is the way I understand it.

BCOBS

Could you tell me how to find the transcript/judgment etc please?

Just google Unilateral Notice there's a lot of data there including I think the two most recent Appeal Court Judgements.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hello emanevs. Is there any chance you could give us some context for these isolated questions please? It's a big ask for the forum advisers to guess what you're trying to achieve.

If you're worried about confidentiality, all you need to do is to leave out identifying details. :) I fear that without more information, as has been said already you won't get the most relevant advice.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It is used in Inheritance Tax matters regarding the disposal of land by trustees of a will .

Google Inheritance Tax Practice Note 2. It is the Valuation Office publication.

what is an undivided share under a trust of land? is it property or land that is owned by two people and not shared?

Where land is in co-owned a "trust in land" automatically arises.

The "beneficial" ownership may be as joint tenants or as tenants in common.

The "legal ownership" (whilst there is more than one legal owner) is always as:

a) a joint tenancy, and

b) joint tenancy of that "trust over land"

Imagine a pie : if the pie is held as tenants in common by 4 people, the pie has been cut into quarters. Person A can sell (or eat!) their quarter without it affecting the other 3.

If the pie is held in "joint tenancy", we know that they could get a quarter each, but the pie hasn't been cut yet, it is still a whole pie (in undivided share).

This also has an effect upon death of a party.

Joint tenancy can't be "willed" to another : it runs by "survivorship".

If A+B+C own a property, and all are registered as having a legal interest: they are the three joint tenants holding the legal title.

If A+B+C own a property and the beneficial interest is held as tenants in common in equal share, and C dies, leaving their estate to D : the beneficial interest becomes held by A,B & D, each having a third.

The legal interest doesn't pass to D, as it runs by survivorship, so A+B are joint tenants of the legal interest (holding it on trust for the holders of the beneficial interest, A,B, and D).

Equally, if the beneficial interest was held in joint tenancy rather than tenants in common : D wouldn't get a share in the legal OR beneficial interest, due to it not being able to be willed, but passing by survivorship (where A+B) would hold the legal and beneficial interests as joint tenants.

Hello emanevs. Is there any chance you could give us some context for these isolated questions please? It's a big ask for the forum advisers to guess what you're trying to achieve.

If you're worried about confidentiality, all you need to do is to leave out identifying details. :) I fear that without more information, as has been said already you won't get the most relevant advice.

HB

how do you protect against a unilateral notice or restriction?

Can you respond to the first quote please. As it stands, you are asking nothing about nothing. You have already been told that there are multiple meanings and sides to UN, so what one are you on about ?

The letter and form that the Land Registry send with the notification will tell you exactly what you can do and how. But they are time specific. Do nothing and the UN stays. I found a lot of help on the Land Registry own site in their guides and leaflets, or simple ring them and ask. They won't give any legal help but can tell you what form you need and so on :)

They aren't estopped, within the legal meaning of the word. An estoppel would require a promise not to lodge the charge.

To be honest it is difficult to advise without knowing why they are trying to put a unilateral notice against your property. Do they think they are still owed money?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Yes restrictions in particular are a mine field, in some cases they are ineffective in others completely biding, it all depends on the background circumstances, as said in order to give real advice we need to know exactly what is happening.

AS IMS said what is happening is that there is now pages of what may be unrelated data.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Does a sale (or exchange of contracts) take priority over a 0S1 priority search?

http://www.phewconveyancing.co.uk/articles/conveyancing-faq-answers-for-your-conveyancing-questions#20

20. What is Priority Search (OS1)?

A priority search is carried out by a solicitor with the Land Registry against the title number revealed in the OCE. This gives a 30 day priority to register client’s interest before any other third party can. This is crucial because between completion of a house purchase and registration of the house purchase there is always a delay and there is a chance that if a priority search is not carried out before completion a third party may register an adverse entry (such as a charge) before the property is registered by the solicitor. A priority search will also reveal if anyone has already registered any adverse entries before the day of completion.

Yes Mark, I am Bones

• 2 weeks later...

If a mortgage offer with full details of the loan, conditions etc is dated BEFORE the 31st October 2004, but the mortgage deed is after, what is it?

"The effect of the Regulated Activities Order is that mortgage contracts which are varied can fall into one of the following categories:

(1) a contract that was entered into before 31 October 2004, and that is subsequently varied on or after that date so that is satisfies the conditions set out in PERG 4.4.1 G (1) to PERG 4.4.1 G (3), will not be a regulated mortgage contract (because it was not a regulated mortgage contract at the time it was entered into);"

I found the above, but am guessing that its not a regulated mortgage contract?

If a mortgage offer with full details of the loan, conditions etc is dated BEFORE the 31st October 2004, but the mortgage deed is after, what is it?

"The effect of the Regulated Activities Order is that mortgage contracts which are varied can fall into one of the following categories:

(1) a contract that was entered into before 31 October 2004, and that is subsequently varied on or after that date so that is satisfies the conditions set out in PERG 4.4.1 G (1) to PERG 4.4.1 G (3), will not be a regulated mortgage contract (because it was not a regulated mortgage contract at the time it was entered into);"

I found the above, but am guessing that its not a regulated mortgage contract?

Were the funds released before, on or after 31st October 2004 ?

Yes Mark, I am Bones