Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'unilateral'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries
  • Shopping & Money Saving Tips
  • chilleddrivingtuition
  • Homegirlxx


  • The Youth Academy
    • The Youth Consumer Service
  • Miscellaneous

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me


Found 5 results

  1. Hello guys, I am sorry if this post is in the wrong section. Please kindy either put it in the right section or answer as best as you can. This is a desperate situation. I am currently unemployed for 4 years. I can not seek benefits as i have a property rented out. Income is around £1300 and out goings with huge debts around £1400. My mother and brother owned the house i currently live in and up to December 2006 i paid via the direct debit mortgage, internet and sky. My mother died and named me in her will. I paid solicitors around £700 to do some work. I guess it was to execute the will. Once this was done, my brother informed me due to my credit rating Abbey National are refusing to put my name on the deeds or have me as a mortgagee. He then contacted soclitors and made an avid davit where i gave up my right to the will or something. This Abbey National accepted and the house was remortgaged solely under my brothers name. Since then due to unemployment i have been living in the same box room till now. Now brother and his wife are being difficult. I am sure anytime now i could be forced out of the house or even forced to pay rent which i cant claim for or afford due to unemployment. My questions are as follows. 1) Do i still have rights to the will and the property even i signed something saying i don’t. I was seeking help from a psycho therapist for depression and other things at that time and my credit rating was bad even then even if there truth to my brothers claim. 2) Can i be kicked out of the property and do i have any help or support? 3) How quickly can i be removed from the property? One of the reason why i don’t pay rent and might refuse is from 2000 to 2007 i paid the mortgage. Almost £36k for the stupid box room. Please kindly help as much as you can. Ali
  2. Hi First, I want to say that some years ago I was a member, avid poster and grateful receiver of advice on CAG. I can now no longer remember my username and details so I've created this new profile. That said I have an issue to resolve: I have worked here for a number of years. I get a contractual 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + discretionary 3 days over Christmas. My employer has now announced that the discretionary Christmas leave will no longer happen and that we must reserve three days out of our 25 days annual leave to cover the Christmas shutdown. There is no option to come into work between Christmas and New Year - the company is shut. Is the company entitled to impose this change?
  3. Hi, Im hoping for some advice please. My ex is trying to get a share of my property by claiming beneficial interest. From what ive read he has no claim as we are not married, house is mine & he has never paid the bills or mortgage. He has applied for a unilateral restriction to be placed on my house. Ive read I can dispute this with the land registry but im not sure where to start & cant afford a solicitor. Does anyone know the process or anymore info? Will this mean I cannot sell or remortgage my house? Thanks for reading.
  4. I dont know if any experts on here can help with this one, it is a bit complex! Is is correct that creditors are not entitled to charge interest on a secured debt after bankruptcy occurs? What legislation allows secured creditors to just sit on their security...? because essentially all debts, whether they are secured or not are in fact included in BR. Anyone with any legislation would be gratefully received.....
  5. After a split with my partner in 2005 i received a letter through the door which turned out to be a loan agreement , the loan appeared to be in my name and that of my ex partner . After looking into the agreement i tuned out my ex had managed to obtain a loan in both my name and his against our home . It tuned out that my ex had signed my name to a loan without my consent . It all went to court and my partner was convicted of fraud and my name was removed from the loan . I recently found out that a charging order was placed on my home as a result of this court case , It appears on the land registry as a mortgage in both mine and my ex 's name , I am a little confused about the whole thing , i have tried to get information on the charging order but cannot seem to do so as the bank states they cannot discuss the debt or the amount the charging order is for with me as the debt is in my ex partners name . I have been managing to pay the mortgage myself for the last eight years and am am just a bit worried to say the least that i have struggled to meet the payments on the mortgage so the equity it seems can go towards paying of my ex partners debts . ...seems a little unfair ...:- Any help understanding charging orders would be a great help ..... Does any one know how i can obtain info on the judgement for the charging order
  • Create New...