• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LIDL Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Sunday we drove into Lidl car park at 10am. It was closed so we went off and came back again later.They have now issued a parking ticket saying we stayed in their car park for 6 hours and (creepily) have photos of me and my boyfriend entering the store!I read some of the other posts and people are saying don't do anything but doesn't this mean they will refer to the debt collectors?My OH wants to contact the company to explain what actually happened - is this futile? It was his car and he's really anxious about it. We are both anxious about them sending this to debt collectors - even if it's unenforceable I've had them at my house before looking for ex boyfriends and it's an awful experience.Any advice please from anyone that has contacted the LIDL parking company to dispute their ticket (or invitation to pay as I see some of you call it!)My BF is in a line of work where he is not allowed to get into ANY sort of issues or risks his job, hence the anxiety. Appreciate any help - should he respond - another post suggested he should but can't seem to see a relevant template letter to assist - sorry it's my first time on this site and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information on it.....So grateful for any help....

My OH wants to contact the company to explain what actually happened - is this futile? It was his car and he's really anxious about it. .

Whatever you do, I know you shouldn't contact the company. All the advice on this forum is to say ignore and you will get ever increasing threats all of which are empty. Whatever you do, do not say who was driving, here or anywhere else.

If you are one of the very very few people they take a chance on and prosecute in the Small Claims Court - you will get excellent advice on here.

Until you are successfully prosecuted in court AND refuse to pay they cannot send Bailiffs round. Anyone who calls or telephones, just ignore, they have no powers.

Edited by instrumentsofjoy

On Sunday we drove into Lidl car park at 10am. It was closed so we went off and came back again later.

Their Apnr systems often make this mistake

T

I read some of the other posts and people are saying don't do anything but doesn't this mean they will refer to the debt collectors?

Debt collectors have no more rights than your neghbours cat, thier letters even less so

My OH wants to contact the company to explain what actually happened - is this futile?

Absolutely futile, their not interested in the circumstances, just your money

It was his car and he's really anxious about it. We are both anxious about them sending this to debt collectors - even if it's unenforceable I've had them at my house before looking for ex boyfriends and it's an awful experience.

This was probably bailiffs, debt colectors are different and will not visit your house

Any advice please from anyone that has contacted the LIDL parking company to dispute their ticket (or invitation to pay as I see some of you call it!)

waste of time and effort

My BF is in a line of work where he is not allowed to get into ANY sort of issues or risks his job, hence the anxiety.

There are no 'issues' here, it it just a speculative invoice

Appreciate any help - should he respond -

Just ignore everything they send you.

ignore!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, I have told him that he should ignore, and whilst I could do this quite happily (having dealt with real baliffs in the past and much stress that caused me and lessons learned) but he is a total stress bunny and is determined to write to them. Nothing I can say will stop him so I can only help him. Am standing by my man.....So what I'm getting is - DON'T admit who was driving (although they do have photos - which I find creepy)- dont mention the word appeal - say DISPUTE- dont give any additional information such as phone numbers or emails.- make it briefAny more suggestions?Thanks......

Any more suggestions?Thanks......

yea total waste of time

last time someone did that

it was used in court against them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Never write to the PPC, however if he's determined write and complain to Lidl, explain your double visit, that you strongly object to being harrassed on Lidls' behalf by the PPC and you will no longer be shopping at Lidl.

It might make your OH feel better, but is unlikely to make any difference

yea total waste of time

last time someone did that

it was used in court against them.

dx

Oh goodness this sounds scary, but he won't be able to cope with the barage of letters from them, beleive you me he will crumble at some point so we may as well write now. I saw a thread with some template letters but can't find it again now, sigh....

Oh goodness this sounds scary, but he won't be able to cope with the barage of letters from them, beleive you me he will crumble at some point so we may as well write now. I saw a thread with some template letters but can't find it again now, sigh....

Its not scary unless he gets scared by red ink and big fonts, if resoning does not work then its his choice, if he wants to waste his money. Can you tell him my advice is a £1,000 and I will be sending letters with big fonts and red ink demanding he pays or I will threaten by using the word BAILIFF or COURT (just to put some perspective on this)

but he won't be able to cope with the barage of letters from them, beleive you me he will crumble at some point
So in the face of a few useless threat-o-grams, he is prepared to just roll over and pay good money when neither of you have done anything wrong. This is exactly what the PPC's rely on, scaring people into paying up. Please don't pay, you'll merely encourage them to chase other innocent people

Its not scary unless he gets scared by red ink and big fonts, if resoning does not work then its his choice, if he wants to waste his money. Can you tell him my advice is a £1,000 and I will be sending letters with big fonts and red ink demanding he pays or I will threaten by using the word BAILIFF or COURT (just to put some perspective on this)

LOL Don't worry I didn't mean he will pay, I mean he will respond to them!Yes he does get scared by threatening letters. He works with vulnerable people too and is really annoyed on behalf of all those people too who would pay and be really genuinely frightened.He thinks he can change these nasties by pointing out to them the error of their ways. He is a good bloke....

Can i have his contact details? I feel i can make some easy money here by sending him some scary worded letters!

Seriously though, take heed of the advice given , i have totaly ignored many Private Parking Invoices and the only thing that happens is that i recieved about 3 letters , nothing more!

Reasoning with them is a waste of time, think about it, they are a buisness and they need to make money , they send 2 or 3 letters and some innocent sends them lots of money , good buisness practice aint it ?

hello all:-)

He thinks he can change these nasties by pointing out to them the error of their ways.

Then he thinks wrong!

They don't need him to point out the "error of their ways" as they are well aware of them and think these "errors" work very much in their favour thank you very much. :)

Once you write to them your admitting your the driver who used the car park and ( agreed to their contract). And you will save them £2.50 obtaining your details from dvla and them you will letter after letter and just to be sure more letters how much court costs are.

Keep the the advice these guys who have already experienced from these ppc and ignore in case your not sure ignore

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Thanks guys, I know you have wise words. And there will be no conning hm whilst I am here to protect him!! LOL. Funnily enough, he has now scanned me the 'invitation to treat' them with this money and I've noticed that BOTH photos are of the car ENTERING the car park. One of them clearly shows us OUTSIDE of Lidl property at the time they said we were overstaying our welcome!What a bunch of prats they are. Think I'll just send them the pics and ask them to look at them again, as a little game, like one of those 'spot the error' competitions!!!

Tell him to pay up immedaietly as he will end up doing so anyway, from what you have said. Some people are just born to be had. Tell him to send a photograph of his bum and a jar of vaseline, so they know exactly how much to shaft him.

I have contacted Royal Doulton on his behalf to see if there is a comemorative 'mug of the year' for him.

Some, you just cannot win. My advise? Get another boyfriend, preferably one without the words 'doormat' written on him.

Tell him to pay up immedaietly as he will end up doing so anyway, from what you have said. Some people are just born to be had. Tell him to send a photograph of his bum and a jar of vaseline, so they know exactly how much to shaft him.

I have contacted Royal Doulton on his behalf to see if there is a comemorative 'mug of the year' for him.

Some, you just cannot win. My advise? Get another boyfriend, preferably one without the words 'doormat' written on him.

That's a really helpful post. Not. Nothing wrong with sticking by friends and family and if more people bothered to do this we would live in a much nicer country without all our old people shafted in nursing homes, children waiting for foster homes and homeless people on the streets. If you actually read my post properly you will see that we have no intention of paying, merely of communication with these people.

I am sorry to say julie, but they will not be interested in anything you have to say, all that communicating with them will do is increase the ammount of junk mail they send you. They are only interested in your money and if they think that you are intimidated or worried by their drivell then they will increase it even more. Believe me , if you totaly ignore them they give up after no more then 3 letters.

hello all:-)

Sorry Julie. My post was rude and wasn't meant to be quite so blunt. No offence meant. It was meant to be a little tongue in cheek.

The problem with writing to these people is twofold. One, there is no appealling to the vultures. They have never, ever, ever, ever given in on any appeal ever and they never will. Unlike a council who can (believe it or not) be reasonable sometimes, these are just money grabbing parasites that are one step above a leech. The secodn problem is that they will then grab this as a sign of weakness. If you ignore them that shows you are not interested, but by a single repsonse it shows that you are even considering dealing with it and they will then come out fighting with both barrels.

With the best will in the world, trust me. DO NOT respond or contact them at all.

Ignore and do not contact them at all as this proceedure will limit the amount of junk mail they send.

They will not take you to court as they are well aware the outcome will go against them and the whole system is based on scaring you with there silly bits of paper dressed up to look like official council or police PCN's / FPN's. All you have is an invoice nothing more and nothing less and totally unenforceable

The correspondence will continue and will get scarier as they will use red ink and even capital letters but this does not make them anything more than the tear off sheets of paper found in toilets

There will be bits of paper purporting to be from a debt collector (PPC in disguise #1) and possibly a solicitor (PPC in disguise #2 and possibly using a differnt portacabin)

Contacting them makes them think they have a victim who will cave in and they will up the junk mail

I have a file full of PPC nonsense and I now do my best to wind them up where possible and if they up the correspondence then it is costing them money and I do not have a problem with that. Have requested that several of them take me to court and they always refuse :sad:

Best to get used to ignoring PPC junk mail as they infest most of the car parks in this country with their silly little rules designed to catch the unwary

As for me - have successfully ignored MET, ECP, PE, T&C but there are quite a few more to go before I have a full set ignored PPC's though :razz:

Edited by asmodeus
  • Confused 1

Julie: If your other half is determined to write, the template letter written by Bernie the Bolt is below;

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I acknowledge receipt of your captioned letter. It seems that you have got my details from the DVLA and I confirm I am the keeper of the vehicle in question. You need to take this matter up with the driver concerned.

In the meantime I absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed, or any amount at all, is due to you from me.

Yours faithfully

However, the advice remains to ignore these people firmly. Even if they do have photos of you entering the store, they have no way of identifying you from these photos. If he must write, try to make sure he keeps to the above letter and nothing more. You must try and make him understand that if he does try and appeal to their better nature by explaining the situation, he is putting himself in the firing line for even more harassing junk mail by identifying himself as the driver.

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read and respond to my query (even the cheeky ones!). I can't tell you the difference that advice from here and MSE has made to my mental state - sorry is that too dramatic - to my approach to this problem.One thing I have learnt from this site is that the companies don't even bother to read what you send to them and don't care what you write. Seems like you may as well send them your shopping list for all the notice they take even if their OWN evidence clearly refutes the claims they are making!From the vast amount of similar posts I have found since digging around on this topic, it obivously affects many people and causes untold anxiety for vulnerable people. These companies are ****. Pleased to report that we have now agreed that we will NOT repond to ATHENA in any way. All the support from this forum and others has set our resolve in steel to ignore these idiots. We will deal with the company who hired them though. Happily, the manager of our store has reported that they are losing loads of customers due to the parking cameras. Since money is the only thing these companies are interested, perhaps this will have some effect....The car park where we got the ticket is in a TINY town where no-one would even want to park except to do their shopping. How they can require any sort of parking enforcement is beyond me.Only happy outcome is that finally OH has agreed that we never have to set foot in a LIDLs store again! I always hated the blooming place. We are also going to boycott ANY stores with similar systems - Homebase etc. There are plenty of other shops our way that don't have these systems in place so we are going to vote with our (tiny) wallets!

Hello,

Read your post and the same thing happened to me.

Trust me there is absolutely no point in you contacting Athena or Lidl. THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY.

Please do what all of the good people on this site advise you to do and IGNORE any letters and do not contact anybody.

I am glad to see that you intend to boycott the store. If they lose enough money because of these clowns at Athena then they might see sense.