Claimform/ Link/GE capital/woodchester

elrib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes correct, once sold they will be unable to rectify, if in fact it has actually been sold and they are not merely the gophers in between.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. Been reading this.

Have an old mbna. They issued an invalid default notice (Was for full amount) not arrears, and the account was sold during the default period. At the time there was no deed of assignment, just a letter from Experto saying Varde Investments had been sold the account.

I wrote to mbna and varde stating that I had accepted the recission of contract. I also asked for the arrears at the time.

Nothing came back, loads of calls, no repsonse to my subject access request from mbna.

Now almost 6 months later I get a new default notice, dated 4 days ago and given 14 days from that date to pay the new owner for the full amount.

Can they do this and where do I stand?

The salient point is does the first

default show on file with a new date,

together with the old default.

If they are it is wrong there can only be

ONE default on any debt.

However an new owner of a debt can

amend the credit file with their details

but CANNOT change the original default

date.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi All

Does anyone know if the s127(3) has been repealed by the 2006 amendments to the act, and what this would mean.

I have a ongoing case where this is part of my defence as they do not have a signed agreement. and the claimant are saying that as this was repealed that it would be up to the court to determine if a agreement was signed.

Thank for any help.

E

hi onmyway out

that was part of the witness statement which has been sent to the court, also included a few comments about internet sites,

does anyone know if it is document somewhere to say that the 2006 amendments can not be inforced prior to that date.

e

This is the relevant Act of Parliament

50. Firstly I will address the issue of which Act is relevant in this case, to avoid any confusion in case it is suggested that the claim falls under the Consumer Credit Act 2006. It is drawn to the Court’s attention that Schedule 3, Section 11 of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 prevents Section 15 repealing Section 127 (3) of the 1974 Act for Agreements made before Section 15 came into effect. Since the Agreement would have commenced prior to the inception of the Consumer Credit Act 2006, Section 15 of the 2006 Act has no effect and the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is the relevant act in this case.

51. For the avoidance of any doubt I include the relevant section of the 2006 Consumer Credit Act, namely SCHEDULE 3, Transitional Provision and Savings:

11 The repeal by this Act of-

(a) the words “(subject to subsections (3) and (4))” in subsection (1)

of section 127 of the 1974 Act,

(b) subsections (3) to (5) of that section, and

© the words “or 127(3)” in subsection (3) of section 185 of that Act,

has no effect in relation to improperly-executed Agreements made before the commencement of section 15 of this Act.

52. Therefore, the Consumer Credit Act 2006 is not retrospective in its application and has no effect upon this Agreement. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 is the Act which regulates the Agreement.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB you are a star! I've been looking all over for that. Can you remind me what case it's from?

Elsa x

Erm, sorry.. It was just a bit that I hijacked from a post and I havent a clue where :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

dec 2006 i think

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

HI

Looking for some advice on the following, in short

I was given a CCJ on a loan last week loan dated 2005,

the evidence was base on a microfish copy of an agreement and only one page,

also the claimant in they statement say that the orignal lender has the orignal agreement.

which the judge tended to believe but did not request them to produce it.

CCJ given and appeal not allowed.

But the Judge did say that if I can show that the original lender did not have a orginal agreement as the claimant

( claimant being DCA who purchase debt) stated in they wit statement then he would view this as new evidence

and I would be able to bring this back to court.

So could I now use CPUTR 2008 to get the original lender to give a yes or no to whether they have or ever had an original agreement

and if so where is it and if its been destroyed, then when.

Now one more point I do have the original agreements as when I sign them in my home

the guy just took a photo copy of them and thats how they got the microfish copy,

El

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI

Looking for some advice on the following, in short

I was given a CCJ on a loan last week loan dated 2005, the evidence was base on a microfish copy of an agreement and only one page, also the claimant in they statement say that the orignal lender has the orignal agreement. which the judge tended to believe but did not request them to produce it.

Any way CCJ given and appeal not allowed. But the Judge did say that if I can show that the original lender did not have a orginal agreement as the claimant ( claimant being DCAlink3.gif who purchase debt) stated in they wit statement then he would view this as new evidence and I would be able to bring this back to court.

So could I now use CPUTR 2008 to get the original lender to give a yes or no to wether they have or ever had an original agreement and if so where is it and if its been destroyed, then when.

Now one more point I do have the original agreements as when I sign them in my home the guy just took a photo copy of them and thats how they got the microfish copy,

El

Hi Ganymede

Yes I have the original sign documents, ie the original plus office copy and clients copy,

I only sign the original so the others were not sign.

I worked from my home then and made the copy myself,

and when the agent left he only took the copy I made,

this was his mistake and they did send me a letter later asking me to send the original

but they had already paid the loan over to me and i just forgot to send them.

So all they have is a A4 copy of the sign original.

EL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Have a ccj and claimant will not accept my offer of payments and the courts have taken their side and going to allow them to go for a charging order if they wish, on my house, the origanal debt was for 5,500 but with court cost it now 7,000.

Is there anway I defend this after all it was a unsecured loan to start with.

Thanks for any help

E

Hi Elrib

Have you ever requested a variation N245?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

After being given the CCJ I was order to pay within 28 days,

I then put in for a variation went back to court as the DCA rejected my offer,

As it was clear that I could not pay anymore than what I had offered

the judge just said that they could go for a charging order, a

nd could talk to them or go to CAB, not had the info from court yet as this was only yesterday.

Elrib