Dissecting the Manchester Test Case....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am unsure on this point however that has not stop me before..........

In general terms the point is this the agreedment should have been laid before you to sign as laid out in the regs as per the act.

the terms should not be hidden but as per the act.

If they are hiden , must cases they are , the creditor is in trouble.:-)

I DO NOT BELIVE THAT THE MONEY INDUSTRY HAS EVER GOT OVER THAT.

KIND REGARDS TO YOU ALL

lilly

Edited by lilly white

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very relevant issue to the Manchester Lead cases I'm afraid. I have picked up in the "small print" that there have already been additional hearings and addenda to the judgement handed down on the 23rd of December 2009.

I cannot find any definitive data to support this , yet HHJ Waksman has apparently handed down additional judgment material early in January plus there have been additional hearings early this month on the court listings.

Does anyone have any further information or detail please?

regards

oilyrag.:)

Hi JonCris

I sincerely hope that you are not suggesting that I am the opposition, very far from it. I had picked this up whilst trying to find something else of relevance to do with business and credit cards. The court hearings before HHJW seem to have been 8th/9th of this month with judgments to be handed down in two to thee weeks.

regards

oilyrag.:)

Edited by oilyrag
typos

I have one if you want it:)

Awww, thank you Vint :D

Agree SFU that`s why we seem to get a lot of "Visitors" viewing the site no doubt trying to make as much sense of it as us poor consumers

Not all "visitors" are the opposition :D

Sometimes a google search for something will list a a CAG post/thread.

Sometimes it will be a bona fide CAGer, like me who follows an interesting email notification from the link and simply forgets to log in:oops:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You might all find this interesting - Debt-laden consumers face dangerous times - of course its the kind of line you would expect them to spin - note in particular the ref to s78 in particular - but its best we know what we are up against.

On the other hand there is this http://angliacreditissues.wordpress.com/2010/01/16/victory-over-lenders-unenforceable-credit-agreements-judge-waksman/

Seriously fed up, Cartel do make a valid point though. It will make it extremely difficult for c/card companies in particular to amend their rates [or vary their T&Cs] if they cannot produce the original agreement. The flipside I suppose is that they cannot alter them down either.

Which raises a question to the experts.

If a financial institution wishes to alter its terms but does not have the original agreements of many of its clients, can it legally send out the amended T&Cs to those who it can include a copy of their agreement?

I know this is slightly off topic but relevant all the same, does anyone have a link or copy of the EU regulations regarding data sharing and requiring individual consent etc?

Thanks in advance.

I think I put a link to it on here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/222663-cras-ocs-credit-ref.html

i saw in yesterdays papers that the oft has recommended that debtors must be allowed to pay £1 per month on each debt for 6 months in order to overcome financial difficulties

that should p*ss a few creditors off

Not arf!

I also saw yesterday, that the ICO was warning people to check that the data sharing box was unticked when you buy online, or your data can be sharred with third parties.

Double standards or what!

i saw in yesterdays papers that the oft has recommended that debtors must be allowed to pay £1 per month on each debt for 6 months in order to overcome financial difficulties and then what:eek:

that should p*ss a few creditors off

I had a few OC's accept either £1 or minimal amount but they continue to charge £12 + £12 every month so it wasn't worth it:eek:

also saw in the MOS that creditors have agreed (although legistlation may be on the way) to now credit payments to the highest interest bearing parts of the account from now on

another money spinner choked off

Yep, seen CC firms saying it'll cost the industry 500million in just two years :eek:

my wallet bleeds for them ;-)

S.

i am sure that wont be tolerated!!

What about the ones that say they'll freeze interest and charges after you've paid the token amount for 2 months:eek: I've given up with most of them now, confident my agreements or non-agreements are unenforceable:cool:

Am I being cynical or is it not just a clever way to stop the debt becoming statute barred?

there is that yes.

also read that the oft reckon itll help 5000 people. damm sure there are more than 5000 that need this kind of help. and who is going to be responsible for running the sceme, some new better lending quango i believe.

s.

Edited by the_shadow
crappy mobile phone web editing :-(

Am I being cynical or is it not just a clever way to stop the debt becoming statute barred?

no it was foisted upon them by the OFT under pressure from the govt and if they do not play ball they will legislate

its only 6 months- not enough to worry about SB

designed for those who have just got into debt and need some breathing space to sort themselves out (nothing to do with an election of course):rolleyes:

There was a very scruffy, greasy looking guy from CCCS discussing it on TV, are they going to be the sole administrators?

I wouldn't trust any organisation that got all its funding from the banking industry.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce's success's so far:

Capital One - 15% f & f saving £4,250

Barclaycard - 25% f & f saving £12,000

Blackhorse - reduced loan settlement saving £1,605

Cahoot - 15% f & f saving £2,740

MBNA - 20% f & f saving £26,800

Lloyds TSB 28% f & f saving £7,377

Total written off to date: £54,772!!!!!!!!!!!!!!