@Debenhams online perfume purchase via Evri - empty package upon arrival **RESOLVED BY DEBENHAMS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could someone advise please ..

I purchased a bottle of perfume online from a high street shop ( not sure if I can name ? ) 

All went smoothly they dispatched my item and were sending it with evri I diverted it to my local pick up point as thought I would be at work when it came 

evri had my parcel for a week and seemed to be stuck just saying they had my parcel and would let me know when it was out for delivery

this carried on all week

I went on evri’s bot chat and it said straight away that it would look into it or raise it and the next day it was out for delivery and got delivered to my local pick up shop 

When I was handed my item I could tell something was wrong as it was to light felt like nothing was in the parcel , immediately I asked one of the assistants to feel it and asked her to witness me opening it in store 

I opened it and I was right there was just the rolled up bubble wrap inside no perfume, the assistant was as shocked as me and assured me had nothing to do with them which I believe as I’ve had loads of parcels delivered there before 

On further looking at the parcel the assistant showed me the bottom had been opened and sellotaped back up and should of been sealed 

I contacted evri who over their bot thing told me to contact who I got it from which I did .

I took pictures and sent it to them they said they would look into it and look on their cameras etc 

today they emailed me and said they could see it on camera being packed and sent so not their fault 

no refund or alternative 

What can I do ?

I’m fuming to say the least

Yes. Please name or names. Don't worry about it.

Although this kind of theft is not unusual with EVRi, I understand that you bought this item online. You must have paid with a debit card or credit card and the retailer – who you are going to name for us posted it to you using EVRi as the courier.

You are entitled to a refund from them and you should tell them this straightaway.

I'm quite amazed that they have refused to refund you.

Of course you could sue EVRi and we can help you do that but your first port of call should be the retailer and they have a legal duty to refund you or to replace the item. If they want to claim from EVRi then they are welcome to. We are happy to help them.

Did you pay by debit card? You could demand a chargeback from your bank.

Also, please can you tell us exactly what it was that was stolen and also the cost/value to you

The perfume was from Debenhams

it was paid on a debit card for £13 - not really expensive but obviously not the point . 

I will copy the email response from them that I got to day and I have replied to them immediately explaining exactly what has happened and I want a refund or a replacement…

Thanks for your patience while we looked into your claim regarding the item that you have reported as missing from your order.

I have watched the CCTV footage of your order being packed and can see that a total of 1 item was packed into your parcel and can verify that the Lovely Eau de Parfum MISC 30ML were included in the parcel along with the other items ordered.

We are confident that the 1 item ordered were delivered to you based on the information available. If you have received an item you have not ordered or there is any other information regarding your parcel which you have not told us about so far please respond to this email and we will review your claim again.

Thanks
Jay
Debenhams Customer Services

So you bought it online. It was delivered to some collection point and a member of staff that collection point is able to say that they saw the parcel from beginning to end and they saw you open it and they saw that it contained nothing and they also saw that had been opened underneath.
Is this correct?

Have you provided this information to Debenhams in writing?

Have you managed to get a statement from the person at the parcel delivery collection point?

• BankFodder changed the title to @Debenhams online purchaseItem stolen out of parcel

Hi it’s a local shop which also acts as a evri drop off and collection point I didn’t get a statement off the assistants no 

just got the assistant to witness me open it who then called the other assistant to take a look and I told her what should of been in there she said straight away we have no idea what’s in the parcels and wasn’t us 

I said I wasn’t accusing them but just wanting them to witness me open it as I could tell there was something wrong  

That's fine. I think you showed a very good instinct.

It will be very helpful if you could get back to the collection point to speak to the assistant. I expect they will need to get their managers permission but you just need a brief note to confirm that the parcel was opened in front of them without you taking the parcel away and that it contained nothing and that you both discovered that it had been cut open from underneath.

If you can get that – then it will make things a lot easier.

You said in an earlier post that the perfume wasn't expensive but that's not the point. You are dead right. There is a huge amount of theft going on and we are getting a lot of reports in respect of EVRi who amazingly simply want to try and deny liability and shift the blame and financial responsibility onto their customers.
Personally I think they have lost their moral compass.

In this case, if you can get the statement which I have suggested then we will help you get your money back from Debenhams and I expect it will be fairly easy.

• dx100uk changed the title to @Debenhams online perfume purchase via Evri - empty package upon arrival

thread title updated..

pit debenhams against evri to get their money...clever move? or will the bank latterly undo any successful chargeback when debenhams show them the video evidence they have? could be quite interesting for just £13 to see who does what.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I popped into the shop but neither ladies were there so will have to try again I’m waiting on a response from Debenhams still after I explained in detail what had happened . 
I was thinking of doing a chargeback from the bank never done one before would they do it ? 

Yes you should certainly do that but it will still help to have a statement from the parcel delivery person

email [email protected] and explain the situation. Say it was stuck in transit and that suports teh idea it was tampered with which is why it didn't move.

Pretty sure their exec team will pick it up and RF esp at £13

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi guys bit of a update 

Debenhams emailed me back this morning asking for the pictures I had took and had sent them originally so forwarded them over and they have apologised and offered a replacement or a refund.

so I’m going for the refund to much stress receiving anything from them in future 

thank you to everyone who has advised me x

• Like 1

Well done. I am please for you that it has been sorted out.

Probably don't blame Debenhams. It is really all caused by EVRi who have an extremely slack attitude towards the theft of the customer's property by their own employees.

I suppose that they are making so much money from unlawful insurance that they really don't care very much

• I agree 1

• dx100uk changed the title to @Debenhams online perfume purchase via Evri - empty package upon arrival **RESOLVED BY DEBENHAMS**

well done

thread title updated

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...