Evri has not responded to their Insurance claim form for item worth £200

I sold an item on eBay on the 10/2/204,

I then shipped the parcel with evri with next day delivery 13/2/2024 as well as purchasing insurance for £200,

after the item had been received at the local drop off facility, my local co-op, the tracking was updated to show that they had received the parcel.

After several days without an update on the tracking I called their customer service department exclaiming that the item hadn't made any progress, they responded by refunding me the cost of the shipping and insurance, £20.21 on the 22/2/24.

After several more days I called again exclaiming that the parcel has still made no progress, they responded by saying they were going to launch a full investigation as to the whereabouts of my parcel, through this whole process I received no response from them,

after the 48 hours i called once more in an attempt to claim on my insurance seen as they has clearly lost my parcel, although they did not comment on the whereabouts of my parcel.  I did fill in the claims form 26/2/24 with confirmation that they had received it. 

After no update throughout the review process I was obviously concerned and attempted to call multiple times to find they had put my parcel tracking number on some type of no call list, the auto answering machine system would not put me through to a person and instead gave the message that they would inform a member of staff I was chasing it up.

The 28 working days I was told it would take has now passed 8/4/24 and I have still had no contact from them, after attempting to call this time the answering machine doesn't recognise the tracking number at all and prompts me to try again with a new code.

I am lost as to what my next steps are.

Many thanks 

Ewan 

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri has not responded to their ins claim form for item worth £200

Hi Faxity.

Welcome to CAG.

Firstly, I've edited your post to make it easier to read for people on mobile. Try to stick to 1 (maybe 2 short) sentences per line.

You'll likely have to submit a letter before action to EVRi with the intention of issuing court proceedings against them.

Their "insurance" is illegal under Section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You can read about it in the banner at the top of the page.

I would advise you start reading up on other EVRi threads to see how the process goes and familiarise yourself with how it's done. There are plenty on here.

You can find these by typing "EVRi" in the search bar at the top of the website.

Did you purchase the delivery directly from EVRi or use a third party like eBay (Packlink) or Parcel2Go?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Evri has not responded to their Insurance claim form for item worth £200

Also your topic title has been amended for clarity.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

17 minutes ago, lolerz said:

I brought the insurance and shipping directly through the evri website.

I will look into writing up a letter before action, should this prompt them to give me some type of reply, and if not what should my next steps after this be.

A letter before action should essentially say "Pay up or I take you to court"

List the value of the item, how much you paid for postage and insurance"

Give them 14 days, if they don't respond (or respond but don't pay you) you issue a claim with the county court.

Plenty of example LBAs on here for you to read up on

• Thanks 1

I don't think that you have told us what this item is.

Was it correctly declared and was the value correctly declared?

You've already been advised to do the reading. Lots of reading – he to understand the principles although it is pretty straightforward and of course we will lead you step-by-step.

You will soon find out that the particulars of claim is almost automatically followed by a claim form.

You'll also find that EVRi seem to be in the business of obstructing people in order to discourage other claimants and probably is because they are able to exploit the scarce-resourced taxpayer-funded overburdened County Court system in order to make sure that they take the legitimate customers to the wire before eventually giving in and paying the money.

Some of them go to trial – and we always win.

We can pretty well guarantee that you will get your money back but please do the reading first of all. Engage closely with this thread. Prepare your letter of claim and post the draft here so that we can check it.

• Thanks 1