Do you dread the postman?

beetzart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am overcome with anxiety during the morning worrying what post I have got. It's not too bad if my wife is home as she can tell me what it is but if she goes out I have to grin and bear it, worrying all day. This is when I am work. I sometimes think up marvellous excuses to go home and check the post without telling people the real reason. When I know there is no 'nasty' post I am so relieved and can finally relax for the afternoon.

The trouble is it can become a complete obsession for the last two, three years. I have even asked the postman, on a earlier part of his round, if there is any post for my address because I couldn't wait for him to get to my road.

Sometimes the post comes at 1200 ish but recently has been earlier, which is good. Oh how I wish post got delivered at 7am.

My life is obsessed by the post. Please, there must be others out there just like me.

Cheers

No, do I heck. In fact and I swear this is the truth, me and the missus both wait eagerly for the postman in the hope he has brought some more drivvle written by a DCA computer.

Its all quite sad when the likes of Cabot or Wescott fail to grace my doormat with an envolope of DCA delights.

So I guess im totally the opposite, I get rather excited when I or the missus gets debt collection letters mainly because im all excited to see what new punishment they have in store or if its yet another final demand.

Edited by ashmk

I know what it can be like to fear what the post brings, but try not to worry to much as this is exactly how a dca want you to be as has been proved time and again with the help of sites like this you can quicly leave the bullys chasing there tails and pleading for pennies(or getting nothing).

Not in the slightest!

Since I CAG'd those friendly debt collectors in June last year, I've had about 3 or 4 letters since ... any letter is replied to with a "bemused" letter and I keep full records of dates and correspondence :)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

love the postman calling all those birthday cards / invitations / travel tickets for exspensive holidays/ xmas cards then dca drival i just read it then decide how to pi** them off ,makes my day more enjoyable,remember once your on here your in very good caggers hands,

enjoy life keep smiling.:D:D:D:D:D:D and don,t forget keep:D:D:D:D:D:D

Got to say this place has made me dread the postman far much less than I used to when I first came here with hassle from wescot as since then i've managed to be prepared and calm and any DCA I've had hassle with since March 2009 have very quickly been eliminated out of my life (even if uncle wescot came back to visit me during september, it was a very short reunion) ;) and likely I'll have Moorcroft after me soon via vodafone but they will also be told to go bye bye ;)

Been there Beetzart, I use to dread the post on my way own from work, I even use to open the dca letters like some bomb disposal guy, with one eye closed,and at arms length, then I found CAG, the help and info here turned the tables in my favour, now I see it as a poker game, so I just call there bluff, and wait for the next hand to be played.

This tactic worked, at the start it was pay up or we send the boys round,

now its if you pay up now and we will knock off 60%, so from threats to begging in a few months.

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

Everyone who came here was afraid of the postie at one time. Thats how most of us ended up here.

I have got IDENTICAL letters off loads of DCAs threatening all sorts of nastiness. Im still here and the DCAs have mostly crawled back under their stones.

DCA letters are all designed to intimidate and bully you into ringing their telephone threat monkeys so they can bully and intimidate you even more. At the end of the day most DCAs have not got the paperwork needed to succesfully take you to Court.

They rely on peoples fear and ignorance to get away with their shocking and mostly illegal behaviour.

Help is always available here. No matter what threats or nasty letters you get from the DCA Pondlife you can rest assured that a CAGGER has already received and dealt with it before

Just remember that DCAs are Just loan sharks who managed to get a Consumer credit licence and actually never lend you any money !!! I look forward to the post, but as others on here I receive very few threats from DCAs anymore :(

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

It's taken four years, but I've nearly got over the postman thing now. I say nearly because just occasionally I'll still get that awful sinking feeling every time the letter box rattles (even if it's yet another take away menu!).

It was a truly horrendous way to live, and I don't know whether I'm lucky that I'm at home all day so get to the post fairly quickly, or unlucky because at one point it didn't actually make any difference if I didn't get any threats - I would just immediately start worrying about what would turn up the next day. Either way, it's just constant anxiety which is not good for you.

As a positive suggestion, try to imagine what would be the worst possible letter that could come through your door - from bailiffs? a statutory demand or even an actual bankruptcy petition? court papers? Now imagine how you would deal with that letter, and imagine all the support you would get on here to do it.

Yes, it's scary, but what's the worst that could happen? You will not lose your liberty, you will not lose your family or your friends. They are the most important things and stuff is just that - stuff. It was when I realised that that I started to get better.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

beetzart, been there, done that. I was at my lowest ebb, then a letter would come through the door and I was finished for the day. However, I found CAG and started sending off CCA's which helped me. Then I started trawling the threads and realised that everyone had had the same sort of thing through the post, but more than that, a hell of a lot of people had had the exact same letter that I had just scared myself silly with, and apparently they had not exploded in a ball of fire as had been threatened.

Once I stopped taking it so personally and realised it was a computer sending me all this toot, it kind of took the fright out of it.

I'd just about managed to stop worrying about it and dealing with it on a day to day basis when a notice of intended prosecution dropped through the letterbox. This scared the hell out of me and I came on here for advice, which was to send a request under the Civil Procedure Rules. I did this and it all went quiet. At that point I realised how full of crap these people are - not just the DCA's but the banks too, as they have studiously ignored my questions regarding their lack of response. This was about a year ago.

I genuinely don't mind their letters now. At worst it annoys me that the tw*ts haven't read my last letter properly, but it always gives me a chance to practice my letter writing skills and improve my typing speed:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I never really dreaded the postman because I never opened anything... kept it all in a cupboard. I never answered the phone, and never listened to any messages being left. I guess it was head in the sand although I always felt it would come crashing down on me eventually. Since having found CAG I now look forward to the post, enjoy answering the phone and have the strength to deal with it all.

I do really sympathise with this. I have been there ... to some extent I still am. However, CAG has been a great support and I am now turning the tables. It does make you feel a lot better when you start to take control.

Having said that, I do know from previous non-debt related problems how scary the post can become. If it is really starting to have an impact on your life then have a word with your GP ... they can be really helpful when things are starting to get you down. Whilst not a great advocate of getting medication to help, if you need it then there is nothing to be ashamed of. It certainly helped me when I was very low.

Good luck.

I never really dreaded the postman because I never opened anything... kept it all in a cupboard. I never answered the phone, and never listened to any messages being left. I guess it was head in the sand although I always felt it would come crashing down on me eventually. Since having found CAG I now look forward to the post, enjoy answering the phone and have the strength to deal with it all.

Exactly the same for me

Eyes opened and back in control of my life thanks to this site x

I used to hate the postman coming. I lived with parents and hated the thought that people were going to turn up at my parents house and start taking things (which I believed would happen at the time later to find out it was a load of tosh). I once had a calling card off a DCA saying they were coming to see me at my home on 25th December. Imagine the panic of that thinking they were gonna turn up on the door at my parents house on Xmas day. I lost weight (went down to 9 stone, I'm a skinny lad anyway so being skinnier didnt help) and could never sleep. I then found the power of the internet and googled the DCA. Amazingly CAG came out on top and I had a snoop round there and asked question in which i got helpful and lifesaving answers from fellow CAGGER's. Now I'm up to 13 and a half stone, sleep soundly at night and have bombed off around 6 DCA's. I love getting letters off them now (which are few and far between unfortunately) as I know its all empty threats and I know how to handle them and kick them where it hurts.

It may seem bleak at the moment but trust me, use the advice you get off here and you will find life just gets easier and easier :D

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Mine wasnt so much the postman, i had visions of people being out side watching and waiting for me to leave my home and for 2 weeks i didnt leave home at all while i was on holiday from work, then i found this site and its getting easier and some days i'm fine, all this from an SD, i feel so silly now.

This is exactly how DCAs have operated for years and years. They could threaten whatever they liked and Jo Public had no way of knowing it was all a load of bovine excrement. Then along came the internet and forums like these and suddenly we all have power. I predict that, along with the credit crunch thing, sites like this will be the cause of a lot of 'restructuring' in the debt collection industry. My only regret is all the people out there still hiding letters in the cupboard and being frightened to go out because they haven't found us yet.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

This is exactly how DCAs have operated for years and years. They could threaten whatever they liked and Jo Public had no way of knowing it was all a load of bovine excrement. Then along came the internet and forums like these and suddenly we all have power. I predict that, along with the credit crunch thing, sites like this will be the cause of a lot of 'restructuring' in the debt collection industry. My only regret is all the people out there still hiding letters in the cupboard and being frightened to go out because they haven't found us yet.

I have helped alot of people locally to me because I am forever ranting about parking tickets and DCA's on Facebook. You mention things like that on there and your friends start asking questions because like most people they have been bulied and intimidated by DCA etc. Even my bestfriend came to me when i posted about DCA's and the help from CAG. I didnt even know he had them kind of problems. He is now a happier man and has no DCA's after him. I point EVERYONE here as like me it helps them out of what seem like awful situations

Feel free to add me on facebook also. PM me and I will give you my facebook address thingy :cool:. Only have 1 CAGGER a a friend and that is Dave (1 of the founders for CAG :))

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p