Can I stop a door step collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok then there seems to have been a small oversite here.

Provident and Greenwoods are the same company from what i remember.

They are based in the same building and my local greenwoods collector is the same person as my local provi collector. She collects debts for eith company on the same days.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Heres another one posted today.......don't think its anything new for Provident, just seems to have found its way on here in the last few days so they may have just decided to run through their old book to try to earn a few bob :rolleyes:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/225947-littlewoods-westcott-provident.html

Provident Are Licenced for

debt Collection

They Trade As Wiseman Debt Collections

EXPRESS DEBT COLLECTING

greenwood debt collection

urm..now i wonder if this is actually legal......

door step collector turns up ... says pay me ...you say i cant...they say would you like a loan to pay off this debt......... bit like paying a debt with a credit card...if dca's cant do that..surely they can't sell a doorstep loan???

sorry me thinking out loud...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can just imagine some fella turning up wearing 2 hats (wiseman/provi) and having a heated conversation with himself about clearing his clients debts by offering an all new and improved loan facility.........oh and, that'd be 2000% interest please :rolleyes:

Hi fight4myrights, I had a similar letter from Provident yesterday and on the very bottom of the letter in the small print there's an address in Bradford hope this helps Bunaki

Thanks for the advice. I'm probably wrong but I was told that the registered address was not for Provident but for a place such as their accountants or book keepers & that any correspondence won't actually reach the collections office.

Thanks for the advice. I'm probably wrong but I was told that the registered address was not for Provident but for a place such as their accountants or book keepers & that any correspondence won't actually reach the collections office.

The registered address is good enough in the absense of any other in my opinion.

Correct consumer dude, their waffle states:

Provident Personal Credit Limited. Registered Office: Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 146091 England. Provident Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank can be contacted at its registered office, which is at Colonnade, Sunbridge, Bradford BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 2558509 England. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Data Protection Compliance Officer

DPA Officer, Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford. BD1 2LQ, email us at [email protected]

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

Cash loans from 50 to 500 - Greenwood Personal Credit

Read the small print at bottom of page

For those that cant here it is.

Copyright © Provident Financial Management Services Ltd 2005. Written credit quotations are available on request. Available to UK residents aged 18* and over (*subject to change). Applications subject to acceptance. Calls may be recorded. Greenwood Personal Credit Limited. Registered Office: Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford, BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 125150 England. Greenwood Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank can be contacted at its registered office, which is at Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford BD1 2LQ. Registered Number 2558509 England. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Credit Today is an online 'industry' magazine that is disgusting, here is the link to them....

Credit Today

Their new awards list is up and the next ceremony is in November.

It isn't owned by Provident at all....

Thanks. Unfortunatly no address is shown anywhere on the letter, only a phone number which I'm going to ignore. I'll print off the Statute Barred letter and address it too Provident Personal Care. I'll ensure the "freindly" door step collector gets a copy.

As you all know, Provident must have the legally highest interest charge in Britain. I've just noticed the logo on their letter says....

Credit Today awards 09 5 star winner. Home credit provider of the year...

I presume this must be a competition that is run by their own group of companies.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Well then can u tell me why the agents are the same they collect for both companies and are paid by both companys.

The sols, ck edrupt, have said that provident own greenwoods and they are claiming in there small print to be owned by provident?

THANK YOU TO EVERY PERSON WHO HAS OFFERED THEIR HELP. I now have something to fight back with.

Thanks, for the info & sorry for the late reply and a "BIG" THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me. I suffer with Multiple Sclerosis & I've not been too well over the last few days, hence my late reply, sorry.

It seems to me that Provident are a very underhanded company who prey on the people who need the most help. I think a law should be passed to cap interest rates and perhaps have this company investigated. They are commiting legalised robbery in my opinion.

Thanks once again, I hope that I can be of help to someone in the future.

Credit Today is an online 'industry' magazine that is disgusting, here is the link to them....

Credit Today

Their new awards list is up and the next ceremony is in November.

It isn't owned by Provident at all....

Thanks for showing me this. I've just looked at the online magazine. It is sickening to think that awards can be given to the best debt collector. You can just imagine their smirking faces when they receive their award for destroying peoples lives. Until today, I had no idea that such a magazine or corporation exists. I wonder if anyone has ever informed the newspapers about this, it would make a great story.

• 2 weeks later...
Well then can u tell me why the agents are the same they collect for both companies and are paid by both companys.

The sols, ck edrupt, have said that provident own greenwoods and they are claiming in there small print to be owned by provident?

Provident bought Greenwoods some time back. Function as seperate co's though. It does cause some confusion.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

yep i thought that as far back as 2003. We had the same collector for Provident and Greenwoods then.

May I offer the following:

Have the following text fixed next to your front door bell.

"The following does NOT apply to invited visitors with appointment, friends, family, neighbours, emergency services, those asking for directions and postman

By ringing this bell or knocking on my door you are requesting informal 'bucket of water' service. Which is especially valuable during hot weather. This service is performed in form of a bucket of cold water splashed on you in exchange for 35£. After the service is provided please kindly leave your billing address so that I can send you a bill for this service.

By ringing the bell or knocking you accept the above contract.

"

Have a bucket of water ready, once they knock ask if they are postman or asking for directions or younger than 18. If not, use the bucket of water on them and than ask for billing address.

Works well not only with DCA's but also with all the beggars and salesmen.

Could be a good income source on streets popular with door to door salesmen and other door to door beggars.

;-)

• Haha 1

--------------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Bank ~1200£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~350£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

It seems to me that Provident are a very underhanded company who prey on the people who need the most help. I think a law should be passed to cap interest rates and perhaps have this company investigated. They are commiting legalised robbery in my opinion.

PROVIDENT= DOORSTEP KNOCKERS, OFFER LOANS OR HIGH STREET VOUCHERS, TO PERSONS ON LOW INCOME OR BENEFITS, INTEREST RATES 200%+ THIER PROFITS ARE MADE FROM THE POOR ! LEGALISED ROBBERS INDEED THEY ARE!

May I offer the following:

Have the following text fixed next to your front door bell.

"The following does NOT apply to invited visitors with appointment, friends, family, neighbours, emergency services, those asking for directions and postman

By ringing this bell or knocking on my door you are requesting informal 'bucket of water' service. Which is especially valuable during hot weather. This service is performed in form of a bucket of cold water splashed on you in exchange for 35£. After the service is provided please kindly leave your billing address so that I can send you a bill for this service.

By ringing the bell or knocking you accept the above contract.

"

Have a bucket of water ready, once they knock ask if they are postman or asking for directions or younger than 18. If not, use the bucket of water on them and than ask for billing address.

Works well not only with DCA's but also with all the beggars and salesmen.

Could be a good income source on streets popular with door to door salesmen and other door to door beggars.

;-)

Stolen. :D