MBNA/Restons Claimforms - 2 MBNA Cards **DISCONTINUED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

MBNA/Restons have now officially discontinued!

I have just checked with the court after receiving a call and then an email from Restons earlier today.

They said in the call that they would discontinue if I agreed not to go for costs.

Royalblue.

Have they registered a default against you.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent news. I have changed your title for you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

humbleman said:
Have they registered a default against you.

I haven't checked for a while but I would be suprised if they hadn't.

It is something I will look into changing in the future but right now I am not sure if I ever want credit again!

citizenB said:
Excellent news. I have changed your title for you. :)

Cheers! I have been looking forward to the day you come on here and say that!

Cheers! I have been looking forward to the day you come on here and say that!

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They do appear to be worried about those court costs though,

maybe ask them if theyve put any defaults on and say youll accept a couple of hundred quid for keeping it away from court, its all in the negotiation:)

They do appear to be worried about those court costs though,

maybe ask them if theyve put any defaults on and say youll accept a couple of hundred quid for keeping it away from court, its all in the negotiation:)

How does the land lie as far as defaults on the credit record are concerned? Bearing in mind that there hasn't been any legal judgements in this case.

How does the land lie as far as defaults on the credit record are concerned? Bearing in mind that there hasn't been any legal judgements in this case.

well thats in the negotiation, IMHO, I wouldnt let them off that easily, theyve most likely done some trashing of your credit score, which, if you ever wanted a loan or any credit, would definitely cost you in the long run.

as Snoop says, get them to remove it all or no deal

Congratulations Royalblue! I am so pleased for you and your OH, a celebration meal would be good but I bet the feeling is priceless!

Edited by LB145
Missed a T

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

bazaar said:
well thats in the negotiation, IMHO, I wouldnt let them off that easily, theyve most likely done some trashing of your credit score, which, if you ever wanted a loan or any credit, would definitely cost you in the long run.

as Snoop says, get them to remove it all or no deal

If they were my only creditor problem then I am pretty sure I would do as you advise and protect my record but I have 8 others lurking in the background some of which will I am sure be defendable but some maybe not.

I have learnt many lessons and while my problems are not entirely my fault I do have to take some of it on the chin and I am quite prepared (and happy) to avoid credit for a good while. I am very lucky that I have family back up to help out with the odd supermarket shop and petrol tank!

Cheers.

LB145 said:
Congratulations Royalblue! I am so pleased for you and your OH, a celebration meal would be good but I be the feeling is priceless!

Cheers LB and good luck in yours.

If they were my only creditor problem then I am pretty sure I would do as you advise and protect my record but I have 8 others lurking in the background some of which will I am sure be defendable but some maybe not.

I have learnt many lessons and while my problems are not entirely my fault I do have to take some of it on the chin and I am quite prepared (and happy) to avoid credit for a good while. I am very lucky that I have family back up to help out with the odd supermarket shop and petrol tank!

Cheers.

good decision

they will not remove adverse credit and to push them on this will simply back them into a corner that they would then come back fighting from-

having just won on 25k i would quit whilst i am ahead

Excellent Result ! Just read your thread. BTW You may wish to remove your ID from the DN on your post#3

Good grief! And there was me trying to keep anything remotely identifiable to a minimum!

Thank you Shakespeare..very much!

Good grief! And there was me trying to keep anything remotely identifiable to a minimum!

Too late RB. Tonight we're all in a hall having a party which we booked in your name.

Well done, excellent result.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

good decision

they will not remove adverse credit and to push them on this will simply back them into a corner that they would then come back fighting from-

having just won on 25k i would quit whilst i am ahead

Thanks DD. It really didn't feel right after such a good result.

• 2 weeks later...

letter from exsquirto a couple of weeks ago (sorry over a month actually!) basically wondering if I was confused by the different account number they had assigned it, confirmed the old account number and said to contact them if I needed any more clarification!

Not a thing since.

Just one thing if anyone has an idea:

I have recently had legal paper fun (didn't actually get to court) with MBNA and Restons. Do other DCA and CC companies know or get information about these proceedings from anywhere?

As since it started to heat up with MBNA all my other (dis)creditors have been quiet.

Cheers all.

• 8 months later...