What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can't believe this sort of crap still goes on - I do view threads most days, but to be honest, it's situations like this which mean I don't post very regularly anymore and I know there are others who feel the same way. The election is likely to be in May - can't the politics just be left until then?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vent away my dear, and we will listen, nod along, pat you on the shoulder, make you a virtual cup of tea until you feel better for letting it all hang out.

.... Besides, I am a nosey cow and I really want to know now what he has done, lol.

Got my 80yr old gran to fly to Oz ALONE to visit him for a month telling her they would tour the country doing GBR, Ayers rock, cairns, show at opera house etc etc.

His wife has sodded off to fiji on her own so she gets to spend as little time as poss with her and he now says they can't do any of the planned stuff as 'his cheque hasn't cleared' - this trip has been planned for a year and we all thought the flights etc were paid for (by him as payback for skanking of her for months before they moved there)!!!:eek:

So gutted for her - he clearly expected her to fund it all!:mad:

I'm afraid I just don't go in for respect for the old simply because they are old. I respect good people.

In terms of, for example, old people on buses of course I would stand up and offer my seat, help someone with their shopping and so on, and my daughter is being brought up to do the same, and to be polite to anyone older who speaks to her. That respect for the old is different to what we are talking about here. This debate has been about people we actually know and like or dislike.

Some pensioners we know are delightful, and others are just awful and incredibly rude - but they were probably always like this throughout their lives. Unless someone has some dreadful affliction like dementia which changes their personalities, and of course we should all have sympathy for anyone who is suffering like that, age doesn't automatically mean that someone has the right to be rude, pushy or obnoxious and think they should be allowed to get away with it simply because they are old.

Years ago I worked in a company with a truly obnoxious untalented man who used to go around telling people that they had to respect him because he was the boss. He just didn't understand that you have to earn respect, you can't demand it because of your position. People working under him had to do the work he ordered, but respect him? Never.

I expect he is an obnoxious pensioner now. :D

The problem here is that we cannot choose our family, I love my mother dearly and I cannot comprehend a life without her. I love her all the time but I dont always like her. I respect the fact that she has experienced much in her life purely because she has lived longer than me and always listen to her advice. I dont always use her advice because I am a grown adult and I may feel that although she has an opinion on a subject, it doesnt mean that she is an expert.

Recently her behaviour has become strange and her mood changes very obvious, she has become difficult, forgetful and has started to imagine reasons to be angry with everyone in the family. I dont love her any the less I just find dealing with this frustrating and it makes me angry and does make me want to swear!

I would have thought all of us being friends on here (albeit virtually) it would be the perfect place to vent our spleen about what has made us angry including the behaviour of our parents or any other family member....especially as this thread is titled "what made you want to swear today"

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Very well put, Monx.

I agree, the title of this thread says it all. It's a "let off steam" thread.

If someone lets off steam and you disagree PLEASE just ignore their posting.

If someone is upset and feeling angry, frustrated, and downright miserable and distressed, there's no need to make them feel worse by criticizing them too.

I think we should leave this alone now. Hasn't anyone else got anything they want to swear about today?

Come on - someone must have been upset by something!

DD

I'm not trying to me numb or nasty, my intention is never to upset anyone on here. I have had so much support and everyone on here has brightened my day at some point :).

I just don't understand, how one person's whinge about their personal situation can offend another. I honestly just don't get it. If you are in a similar situation yourself, then I would have expected understanding maybe, but not offence. I feel for all going through a difficult time. I really wish i could wave a magic wand for everyone. I think what we have to remember is that every person is very different, every illness is different, and every situation is different. We can't judge another by what we are going through ourselves, as even though the premis might be the same (looking after very sick parents), that may be the only thing that is the same or similar.

I think you are all very lucky that you have had the chance to be around your parents through these difficult times. My parents are thousands of miles away, have been since I was 17. Years go by without a visit from either side sometimes as it's just not allways that easy to find the money for the plane ticket. I feel teary just writing this. I'd have given my right arm to be at my parents side when that awful thing happened to them. To help care for my mother, to be there for my father whose world had just collapsed. But I couldn't be there. It was months before I could get to them. That was hell. And even then I could only stay for 2 weeks. Perhaps that's why I have made such an effort with who I call my second Mum whilst she's been very ill, who is my BF's Mum and have known since I was 4. Perhaps that's why I cried so hard the day 2nd Mum left hospital and moved away from here to a flat that she can live/manage in with her husband. I guess It reminded me of how far my parents are away and how helpless I am to help them in any way. I guess I tried to make up with 2nd Mum what I can't do for my Mum. I know I never can though.

I would never berate someone for having that whinge, that steam let off that we all need now and then. And I don't find it upsetting hearing of someone complaining about the bug bears that come with what I only wish I was able to do. I certainly wouldn't think any less of them for it, and I wouldn't be so rude as to assume that I know the ins and outs of someone elses life or the people in it.

Edited by Mungypup
trying not to cause offence or upset anyone

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

well my mum made my life a misery for over 30 years. I still loved her but it was a relief when she died. Not everyones mum is a nice person.

I never put myself before my family, they are my number one prority and I would not be without them and would do anything for them, I do wonder what they make of me though

Edited by hilaryfrances

Due to the financial climate, I have scrapped doing my Lotto numbers on a Wednesday. I just stick to the Saturday.

Surprise, surprise. Had I done both Sat and Wed, I would have got 5 numbers and the bonus ball last night:mad:.

I don't even want to look at how much I would have won. As my dad always taught me "what you never had, you never miss".

S**T HAPPENS I suppose.

Still makes me wanna swear very loudly though. I won't sleep for weeks.:p

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

well my mum made my lise a misery for over 30 years. I still loved her but it was a relief when she died. Not everyones mum is a nice person.

I never put myself before my family, they are my number one prority and I would not be without them and would do anything for them, I do wonder what they make of me though

They probably think you are a bit batty :D

*quickly runs and hides*

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Due to the financial climate, I have scrapped doing my Lotto numbers on a Wednesday. I just stick to the Saturday.

Surprise, surprise. Had I done both Sat and Wed, I would have got 5 numbers and the bonus ball last night:mad:.

I don't even want to look at how much I would have won. As my dad always taught me "what you never had, you never miss".

S**T HAPPENS I suppose.

Still makes me wanna swear very loudly though. I won't sleep for weeks.:p

What a bummer!

Never mind Sodem, this obviously means that the universe doesnt think its the right time for you to win some money....when you do win it will be the right time and who knows, you may win big!

Turn that frown upside down!!!!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Got my 80yr old gran to fly to Oz ALONE to visit him for a month telling her they would tour the country doing GBR, Ayers rock, cairns, show at opera house etc etc.

His wife has sodded off to fiji on her own so she gets to spend as little time as poss with her and he now says they can't do any of the planned stuff as 'his cheque hasn't cleared' - this trip has been planned for a year and we all thought the flights etc were paid for (by him as payback for skanking of her for months before they moved there)!!!:eek:

So gutted for her - he clearly expected her to fund it all!:mad:

:shock: I have someone in my family like that... Not nice at all. No wonder you want to yell at the kids and kick the cat... (or possibly the opposite? :razz:)

As promised:

We listened, listen1.jpg, nodded along: dog-nodding.gif.

Here's the pat on shoulder: _44996771_chimps.jpg And here's your cup of tea: cup%2520of%2520tea.jpg

Now do you feel better for tn_belly_flop.jpg ???

I hope so.

hugs_graphics_03.gif

from

book_worm_closeup_blink_lg_wht.gif

What a bummer!

Never mind Sodem, this obviously means that the universe doesnt think its the right time for you to win some money....when you do win it will be the right time and who knows, you may win big!

Turn that frown upside down!!!!

My daughter won the other day and kindly gave me her ticket for me to keep the proceeds... All of the £6.90. :razz:

Bad luck sod'em my partner and l know how u feel as we have had weeks when the machines all went down in our local area and the numbers that came out would have ben ours.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

The opinions above are completely unecessary and smack of neglect on those responsible.
Pardon me for saying that my mum is ill and that I love her:(

It seems that one or two people think that a consumer website should be their own daily personal blog. If people put as much effort into helping others as they do when they occasionally post to say that they are shocked and disgusted then I'm sure that cag could benefit those people that it was originally set up to do. At the moment the posts are like reading about online Grumpy Old Women who seem to want to argue that blacks white through their own rose tinted glasses instead of just quietly poodling along with it like most of us do

But thats just my own opinion of course:roll:

Before your time Tills, but CAG at one point had a forum for support for people who were not coping with life and all it was throwing at them. CAG was set up for that too, you see, support is support, not just for consumers, but for people, because it soon became clear that financial problems were often only part of the issue. Please don't presume it is only for what you think (or what you've been led to think) it should be, because you would be mistaken. Furthermore, please stop playing the victim, no-one is having a go at you for saying your mum is ill and that you love her, that is taking all the above posts completely out of context and you know it. :-(

As for the posts reading like Grumpy Old Women, well what did you expect on a thread called "what made you want to swear today?" ??? :-?

I am with Bookie on this one Tilly, its time to draw a line under this one now!

No one is questioning your love for your mother and just because one or two of us (who also love our mothers) need to let off steam and vent our frustrations (in a thread asking what was making us want to swear) have done so.

You always have the choice not to read them.

The school

Do they expect us to be mind readers. Ok then i will give them credit they did tell us it non uniform day tomorrow, notice on the board outside the class, but did they tell us how much they are charging no. How many parents were able to mind reader the head 0 so a simple note to parents saying non uniform day tomorrow it will be 50p all money towards the school need for maths supplys. a A5 sheet of paper should have been able 2 fit 2 letters on it.

How many parents asked the teacher the whole class.

Makes me annoyed when they only give u half the info.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Pardon me for saying that my mum is ill and that I love her:(

It seems that one or two people think that a consumer website should be their own daily personal blog. If people put as much effort into helping others as they do when they occasionally post to say that they are shocked and disgusted then I'm sure that cag could benefit those people that it was originally set up to do. At the moment the posts are like reading about online Grumpy Old Women who seem to want to argue that blacks white through their own rose tinted glasses instead of just quietly poodling along with it like most of us do

But thats just my own opinion of course:roll:

Well just don't read it then...simple. You are contradicting yourself.

I don't think you understand that being the only full time carer for my family and my parents is time consuming. Part of my frustration is NOT being able to help more here but I do what I can and this isn't the only site or consumer source of advice that I assist on.

Not everyone is able to post all day everyday and it wouldn't be fair to start helping someone and not be able to respond regularly.

Reading back as far as I cared to, it seems that all of your posts are not related to ANYTHING consumer based. It's all Bear Garden, fun and games and looking forward to your next meets. How is that serving the purpose of this site? Good grief...you dare to judge me and say how poorly your Mum is but have the luxury of jovial evenings out blatting about the country with your 'friends'. You truly have no idea and are not in a place to cast stones.

I've had to put my life on hold for years, physically and financially without help from anyone. I do it because however much she annoys me, I still care but that's not much consolation for my own children.

Whatever you say, I pride myself in always being there for her and being a good listener and friend to anyone that needs help or just a shoulder to lean on. The whole ethos of this site is not to judge other posters and I support that.

If we were all expected to be 'quietly poodling' along without a grumble, most of CAG wouldn't exist. Ask your friends to scrap this thread if you don't like what people have to say on it. I hope people treat you kindly when life throws a bad hand at you and you need to talk.

You can have the last say as I'm just not interested anymore.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Crapstone

My Mom is only in her 60's so she's hardly past the post yet. Have you never made a post concerning an individual close to you? Yes, my daughter with regards to SEN advice..

I will keep my thoughts to myself in future, as requested. If you read my post again you will see that I am refering to the thoughts of my daughters and not yours...... I wouldn't want to spoil any dreams of anything other than an ideal politically correct family.

I assume by everyone elses comments that myself **Tilly** and Caro who have respect for our parents and who are respected by them in return are in the minority here and we are now considered fair game for personal attacks on our principles and lifestyle... disagreeing with the majority is obviously not the way to go on CAG as the big bullies will gang up on us and force us to shut up... so much for freedom of speech and expressing opinions..

What made me want to swear today?

Some of the 'Cr*p' posted on this thread... :rolleyes:

Have a good day peeps... oh and BTW... Last Post.. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I'm not attacking anyone. I feel very, very sympathetic towards Crapstone because she's having a bad time and I didn't think she needed criticism here, just support, or no comment needed.

That doesn't mean I am critical of you, Tilly or Caro. I think it's great that you have such lovely relationships with your mums.

Personally, I love my mum, but she can drive me crazy. I'm upset today because this Mother's Day I won't be able to afford the armful of flowers I have always given her over the years.

Please girls, let this go. You've all had a laugh and been friends here for ages. Don't let this escalate.

DDxx

Me and the lads will be down the local girls. Just give us a shout when the coast is clear;).:D

Sorry, just my feeble attempt at lightening the tone.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I assume by everyone elses comments that myself **Tilly** and Caro who have respect for our parents and who are respected by them in return are in the minority here and we are now considered fair game for personal attacks on our principles and lifestyle... disagreeing with the majority is obviously not the way to go on CAG as the big bullies will gang up on us and force us to shut up... so much for freedom of speech and expressing opinions..

Pot, kettle, much, Spammie? In case you want to go back a few posts, you will see that Crapstone was the one who was attacked and bullied when at her weakest. I think it's fair to say that if no-one had spoken up to side with her, she may well have stopped posting altogether, and you can see that Fluffy felt that way to the point where she wasn't sure it was safe to post on here to vent as well. Please remind me where the bullies are?

No-one, I repeat, NO-ONE has put in doubt yours, Till's or Caro's love for their mothers and their mothers' love for them. Everyone respects that you have positive feelings for them, and I say it again, good for you all who are lucky to have such a relationship.

But PLEASE don't try and turn it around and try to pass off as the victims on here, that just won't wash.

What made me want to swear today?

Some of the 'Cr*p' posted on this thread...

Yeah, ditto. But I get the feeling we're not speaking of the same author(s). :rolleyes::-(