• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Dad isn't doing well and is very ill. So much for it being a life enhancing and simple operation. The Dr. apologised for the way it has gone and he was sincere.

Is the Doctor going to do the operation again and fit a smaller pacemaker?

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain again .. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I would like to get a few in a boxing ring at the moment, gloating on peoples misery makes me swear ..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My Dad has turned a corner and is getting better day by day. Still weak, tired and can't move around much but it's a start!

My Mom is 'flapping'..and a person that has to have routine. Asda on a Thursday no later than 12, meals all planned and bills have to be paid the same day as the demand. Shoot me if I ever get that way!!!!!!!

She's made herself old before her time and plays on her 'conditions'. She can outwalk me in the supermarket but puffs and pants when anyone else is in earshot and when she thinks about it. She does nothing but complain even though she is capable of doing things for herself but makes every excuse not to.

I just hope I have my Dads genes and get on with all that life throws at me. Sorry to have a moan and a groan but it does help to cope with daily life.

Your Dad sound like a right trooper CS. Glad to hear things are ok and getting better :). As for mothers, I think part of their job description is to get on your nerves!! Don't get me wrong I love my Mum as we all do, but even with her being thousands of miles away she still has the ability to wind me up in seconds! My Dad is far more mellow. Glad to hear yours is doing better I hope the pace maker is easier for him now after all the mess they made.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

My Dad has turned a corner and is getting better day by day. Still weak, tired and can't move around much but it's a start!

My Mom is 'flapping'..and a person that has to have routine. Asda on a Thursday no later than 12, meals all planned and bills have to be paid the same day as the demand. Shoot me if I ever get that way!!!!!!!

She's made herself old before her time and plays on her 'conditions'. She can outwalk me in the supermarket but puffs and pants when anyone else is in earshot and when she thinks about it. She does nothing but complain even though she is capable of doing things for herself but makes every excuse not to.

I just hope I have my Dads genes and get on with all that life throws at me. Sorry to have a moan and a groan but it does help to cope with daily life.

Then dont be sorry. Being sorry is for a victim. That's not you, is it? Pleased to hear your news /

Its always one thing or your mother...lol!

My mother is going round the bend. Her mother is enjoying going senile, she has pulmunary Althzeimers and we have to remind her that its not Tourettes and she doesnt have a carte blanche on the swearing but she keeps forgetting it lol. Anyhoo my mother said if she started to go like her mother we had her permission to shove her under a bus. She has started to display some of the same symptoms and in a more serious tone I am truly worried about her, I have asked her to go to the doctors with me to get her checked out but she is in denial and wont go. As far as she is concerned she is fine and we are over-reacting!

Mothers hey...who would have them? lol

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

I Know that feeling only too well about Mothers but god I wish I had mine back for just a few minutes to 'I Love You no matter how much you annoy me' :)

Yes jailbird, I love and cherish my mother and cannot (and dont ever want to) contemplate life without her. I am sure that the worry and stress she is causing me is nothing compared to what I put her through during my childhood lol...no its just so sad that I am still a parent to my 18yr daughter and am becoming one to my mother!

And anyway I still have the option of shoving her under a bus lol :D

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Hecky thump. Just realised what I stood in on my nice rug is doggy poo, brought in by my son. He said he thought it could be off him, did he clean it up to stop mummy standing in it, nope. Sad thing is our resident doggy dissapeared forth with thinking I would think she did it, poor thing.

Dont think it has the same skin conditioners as mud treatment eek.

I Know that feeling only too well about Mothers but god I wish I had mine back for just a few minutes to 'I Love You no matter how much you annoy me' :)

Me too :(

Mothers day is the hardest day of the year now

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes jailbird, I love and cherish my mother and cannot (and dont ever want to) contemplate life without her. I am sure that the worry and stress she is causing me is nothing compared to what I put her through during my childhood lol...no its just so sad that I am still a parent to my 18yr daughter and am becoming one to my mother!

And anyway I still have the option of shoving her under a bus lol :D

I feel the same. Dad is getting better day by day but my Mom is getting more hopeless! I'd have more sympathy if it were for real but she is seeking attention over things that just don't matter. If ever Asda closed down she'd be like she'd lost a limb. It all stems back from when she lost her own Mother, or so she says but she never did much then. My Dad and I are the complete opposite to her..we cry at the drop of a hat and help ourselves and each other.

What times the next bus? Lol

You need to send whoever a solicitors letter warning them that the "DO NOT PARK in front of an entrance to a property” - Highway Code point 217 is being broken. If that doesn’t work then maybe a quiet word with the local Police Officer may help.

WARNING TO ALL

Said to my kids when they pointed out tommorow was mothers day, 'you could treat me to a scone and coffee that would be lovely. Reply 'If you pay for it'

Oh, maybe next year 'When somebody loved me' I think its a song.

They do love me really:eek: She says as they just knicked my last choccy bar and reminded me I am supposed to be on a diet .:)

Kids eh, right again:-D

Loopinlouie is going around the bend, mothers day is next week so ignore me and I hope I havent caused palpitations to too many people. xx

Edited by loopinlouie