• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Said to my kids when they pointed out tommorow was mothers day, 'you could treat me to a scone and coffee that would be lovely. Reply 'If you pay for it'

Oh, maybe next year 'When somebody loved me' I think its a song.

They do love me really:eek: She says as they just knicked my last choccy bar and reminded me I am supposed to be on a diet .:)

Kids eh, right again:-D

Mothers day is next Sunday 14th March;)

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit loopinluie, I got a major fright when I read your first post (I never got her anything for Valentines Day you see). So when you said it was tomorrow, I sh*t myself:p. Because I haven't got a card yet. So I had to double check it on the internet just in case.

You owe me a pair of briefs:D

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

LOL loopinlouie

iam glad iam not the only one who got my dates mixed up. I thought i was a week ahead of my self so went to post my mums card on wednesday.

thanks fo rthe laugh tho.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I know Kip, unbelievable...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I would sue the hospital and staff..... but in no way would that make the situation any better just might make them think again b4 they do anthing similar.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Reminds me of the time a close friend of mine had a stoke and heart attack at my house. The first time he went in he was in a bed next to a gent who for some reason when distressed according to the nurses spoke a foreign language. Thing is my friend was needing help with eating and he told me the nurses did not have the time to do it and he and the other man were going hungry and thirsty in case of man next to him.

I went on on later and found cardboard pee pots all over the place and my friend although damaged through stroke could still call for help and use one just about. I asked where to get rid of them and did it myself.

The man next to him was speaking what I believed to be french and pleading for his water jug to be filled, I knew as he kept waving it, so I did it. Any how I told the nurses he was trying to communicate with me and obviously very distressed and they told me he tends to do that. Did they in any way call his family or go to him the whole time I was there, no.

They also insisted to me my friend was well enought to go home and had organised carers miles away from me, so hard to check up and I got a call from him asking me to come in taxi asap as no carers had turned up.

Turned out hospital had him delivered home, no food or supplies and as told to me, forgot to ring carers. I stayed the night and we got through to carers the following day via social services.

My friend was doing well but went down hill later and died in my house, last thing he said was I am going home tommorow, now I thought that meant home home, but later I didnt realise during the night had another stroke and died. I often wonder wether he knew something was wrong and when asked me to open the window, wether there was more to it and he said nowt incase had to go into hospital again.

He was a lovely friend, miss him xxxx He was clearly distressed when telling me about the man next to him crying for help all the time. The build up of pee pots answered to me how much care they were getting.

My nephew told me a lot of horror stories about a local hospital (I know St Georges well too.. the hospital in the story) whilst he was recovering from his snowboarding accident, for that reason we insisted he stay in Geneva and he had his initial ops there, had he had them locally chances are he wouldn't be on his feet now, (even though he can't feel them)...

Nursing training isn't what it used to be, the language barrier alone is quite difficult and most hospitals want to get patients out as quickly as possible so they can't be blamed for any probelms.

Off soapbox now.

I agree, I can clearly remember the sister reassuring me care was orgainised. I got no apology for him when I rang and they said they forgot, they didnt care. The same hospital is where I should go when having bad seizure, but I said to kids, if I can nod ok, then leave me at home.

Same hospital who told me to shut up in labour upsetting woman in next room, I nearly died due to complications and they wouldnt give me any better pain relieif due to epilepsy.

Have thought if better in the future volunteering on oap ward might be good as in feeding time help. But could I cope with distressed and ignored people and seeing them go down hill, no.

But hey ho, still here

My nephew told me a lot of horror stories about a local hospital (I know St Georges well too.. the hospital in the story) whilst he was recovering from his snowboarding accident, for that reason we insisted he stay in Geneva and he had his initial ops there, had he had them locally chances are he wouldn't be on his feet now, (even though he can't feel them)...

Nursing training isn't what it used to be,:confused:

the language barrier alone is quite difficult

This works both ways, i work with many peeps from overseas, they find it hard to understand us as well, believe it or not you soon pick up what they are saying.

and most hospitals want to get patients out as quickly as possible so they can't be blamed for any probelms.

I don't think it is a case get em out quickly because of being blamed for problems, think it is more like if there arn't any problems they recover more quickly at home, but like anything you hear good and bad stories,

Off soapbox now.

Ditto :)

thisis all so distressing - had my Dad in Charing X 2 Xmas's ago after a kidney removal because of cancer - they let him get dehydrated twice..my 2 sisters are trained nurses but could believe the lack of care for him & the other patients in his ward...would not want to be a patient at Charing X...the level of nursing was appallingly indifferent to their patients..one of my sis's wanted to retrain as a Midwife but it would take her 3 years of college to be qualified...seems like paperwork is more important than the care of human beings..I know that the NHS has a poor reputation when it comes to bullying staff, etc..so sad

Sadly Good People, this is the mess the NHS is in. I am an ex Stafford patient who along with two or three others in 2000/2001/2002 informed the authorities including the ombudsman that that hospital would end up killing people if it was allowed to continue unchecked. I was accused by the Parliamentary Ombudsman of being "melodramatic". now we have at least 1250 deaths due directly to this hospital and many of the people who ran this web of lies and deceit are still in post. It is SO contentious that the enquiries have been and are being held behind closed doors just to ensure that the lies and deceit cannot be challenged.

And a final note of warning on this subject, it ain't over yet. The current head of the Care Quality Comission quango is a Ms Byers who was in a senior post at West Midlands NHS Regional Executive overseeing this appalling hospital and "rigging" the independant review panels in the NHS favour by packing them then with members of their own professional liar circle!!!

I have current letters from the Department of Health apologising for the way I and others were treated at Stafford but expressing all confidence in this woman. Watch out for more disasters and deaths in the NHS which were completely avoidable.# Most front line staff are oK its the administrators who seem to have trained at DCAs Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sorry for the rant folks but you need to know.

regards

oilyrag.:)

Edited by oilyrag
angers gives me typo disease.

I can sympathise with people. my 2nd Mum was having problems with her gall bladder and was made to wait a long time before they agreed to remove it. Before they got around to removing it she collapsed and was rushed to hospital, it turned out she had severe pancreatitis due to complications with what was going on with her gall bladder. She nearly died and was in for two months. When she recovered enough they removed the gall bladder. She was feeling very ill and getting a lot of pain in her stomach after the gall bladder removal. she knew something was wrong but they wouldn't listen to her. For months they kept saying it was just her healing. The only tests they did (eventually) was blood and urine and when they came back fine they pretty much told her you're fine now go away and stop coming in. About a week after the tests came back and she was told to go away and quietly heal she collapsed again and was rushed into hospital. Scans showed liquid in her stomach but they didn't know why. After performing emergency surgery it was discovered that she had severe septecimia and a large part of her stomach had died. The contents of her stomach had spilled out into her insides. She wasn't expected to make it through surgery. They actually had somebody prepped ready to tell her husband that she hadn't made it as they couldn't see her surviving.

She did survive, but the tissue of her stomach kept dying and she had to have several more emergency surgeries to remove the dead tissue and re-issue a stoma bag. She was on dyalisis and serious anti biotics to try and help her body clear the mess and infection. They have said it's nothing short of a miricle that she's still here. The wound is still open with a suction dressing. It could take up to another twelve months for her to recover. It annoys me that they didn't listen to her. Had they bothered to do what should have been done this all could have been avioded. She's lucky to be here and her life may never be the same again. When they decided it was time for her to go home they were very nasty about it. Because of her current health and care needs her husband was trying to find a ground floor flat. They were wanting to send her home to a flat with no carpet and no heating AND her suction dressing was playing up. They only needed a couple of extra days to get sorted but they were saying they were going to throw her out and didn't care about her after care. She is out now and getting settled but they made her feel horrible about the fact she couldn't leave those few days earlier. She shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I know that this isn't as bad as the few earlier posts, but dog has just thrown up all over my carpet (she's a big dog):mad:

How about this my parot for some reason keeps shi***g lately everytime he sits on my new nightie. My old pj's are safe, my way too tight vices of jeans are fine, but put my one new nightie on that I bought for myself(last one bought years ago) and he drops one.

His name is Bill the parrot and my favorite film is Tarantinos 'Kill Bill'

Youd think hed take the hint:lol:

He isnt a young parot but we are not friends at the moment due to him pooping all over me. Worst is the other night I was saying to my kids as he was happily giving me a little prune, that I could smell something.

He proceded to change shoulders and I thought nowt of it. Later I realised my sofa was pasted and hed changed shoulders thinking she'll think it wasnt me8-)

I love him really, but am starting to get peed off.

I know that this isn't as bad as the few earlier posts, but dog has just thrown up all over my carpet (she's a big dog):mad:

Oh and one more thing. Dont hoover up dog sick. I was ill and not with it and found in the kitchen hoovering up dog yuk. She had had too many carot treats from kids. At least I wasnt at the oven this time.

Two days later when better I had to try to save the hoover:eek:

I bought another one:lol: Henry is now a charles

He isnt a young parot but we are not friends at the moment due to him pooping all over me. Worst is the other night I was saying to my kids as he was happily giving me a little prune, that I could smell something.

He proceded to change shoulders and I thought nowt of it. Later I realised my sofa was pasted and hed changed shoulders thinking she'll think it wasnt me8-)

I love him really, but am starting to get peed off.

LOL this has just made e laugh some much i have tears streeming down my face.

My Grandad had a beautiful parrot. he was a macaw and had a terrible habit of letting him self and the cockateel out of cages. He would go around pooping every where aswell then the cockateel would be blamed.

Hospitals are awful.

They are ment to clean the wards every day but i was in from the late tuesday to the saturday whilest in labour then my immediate after care.

Anyway the hospital room i was put in first had obviously not been cleaned from the last person. bed covered in bloods cups eveywere and the babys cot had dirty nappies in it. They claimed they had been busy all night, this was just b4 midnight, but including me they said there was only 3 mothers on the delivery ward.

Then when transfered to a ward. The woman oposite me was very ill due to the food and her bandgaes had been put on the floor the wednesday i am guessing as it was there when i got there and was not cleaned up till the saturday which was the first time i saw a cleaner or anyone cleaning on the ward.

The bins were over flowing and the nursing staff said its not our job. Mother being sick after medication reactions and it was not there job to clean it off the floor.

I have only just read that report. When my daughter was about 11 months old she had a very high temperature and I called my out of hours GP service who said to put her in a cool bath, and if that didn't reduce her temperature I must call an ambulance. Anyway, she still was very hot so I called the ambulance and the ambulance staff were so unsympathetic and horrible and I didn't want to go in the ambulance, but they bullied me and I ended up at St George's a&e which is bleak and horrible. We were ignored for about an hour and then this horrible woman (can't remember what her "status" was) came and told me my daughter had "to give a urine sample". She was 11 months old. She had a wet nappy when we got there, so it was unlikely that she would be doing anything else for a bit, and I explained this to the woman who said, "You're her mother, you must make her do it." I sat in this cold, bleak, horrible cubicle with my baby on my lap, with her propped on one of those tray/bowl thick paper type things, too terrified to leave because they told me that would be irresponsible because there could be something wrong with her. Eventually she wee'd, they tested and there was nothing wrong with her. We then had to wait another 30 minutes for a taxi. We got back home four and a half hours after we had left.

It's a horrible, bleak, uncaring place and it may have some excellence in some areas, but I would never, ever go there voluntarily again. Awful, just awful. There wasn't a single person (nurse, doctor, whatever) who showed any warmth or compassion, or empathy, so I'm not at all surprised at what happened to that poor man.

DD