Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its up to you but yes- once they get your acceptance of their unlawful repudiation they are well and truly stuffed

the DN itself was an unlawful rescission let alone the TN

Thank you I think I will pass it to fos anyway as a way of costing them £500 :D

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bitch!

How the hell you know my middle name :eek:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i took 5 years to find my mrs right..............................

if only i'd known then that her first name was always........

OMG how the hell didnt I realise you were my hubby :D You should be sorting ya own HP agreement with all this knowledge not getting me to do it :p

And on that note Im off immobiliser shopping before I actually let my head hit the pillow :) Thank you again there is another on the welcome forum who has *i think* received pretty much identical docs so I shall send him over here :)

Thank you :)

The "Without Predujice" marked on the termination letter would not stand up in court imo, its clearly not a genuine settlement offer or part of negotiations for that goal. Why put it on a termination letter when they will need that letter at some point in the future if it does go to court... bizzare?

S.

The "Without Predujice" marked on the termination letter would not stand up in court imo, its clearly not a genuine settlement offer or part of negotiations for that goal. Why put it on a termination letter when they will need that letter at some point in the future if it does go to court... bizzare?

S.

Could it be that they don't know what they are doing?:D

Unfortunately the McGuffick case messed up the interpretation of enforcement. Here's the OFT's new stance:

What if the lender does not comply with the request?

Your lender must provide you with the information within 12 working days of receiving your request. After the 12 days are up, if the lender has not provided the information then the agreement is unenforceable until they do provide the information.

'Unenforceable' does not mean that your debt is wiped out. Any outstanding debt is still owed, but there are some consequences for the lender’s ability to enforce the debt.

If you do not make payments when your debt is 'unenforceable' it means that:

Your lender cannot

• demand earlier payments of your debt

• threaten court action

• take possession of anything that you bought on credit, or which you used as security when you took out the agreement.

Your lender can

• request payment from you
  • issue a default notice
  • pass details of your default to a credit reference agency

• pass your information onto a debt collector

So it seems they can issue a default notice for arrears due, whilst in default of a CCA request, but CANNOT then follow it through with a demand for the full balance of money not yet due under the agreement. Ridiculous.

How long did the DN give you to rectify, LTWFB? Is all the prescribed wording correct?

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa
Tidying up :-)

These guidelines are very interesting but reading through it I was pleased to read the following:

Where there has been a variation of the terms and conditions of the

agreement

2.27 Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1)

of the Act, the OFT considers that, by virtue of Regulation 7 of the

Copies of Documents Regulations, the duty is to provide not only a copy

of the agreement as originally executed but also either

14 There are cases where no executed agreement is required by the Act, for example, certain bank overdrafts.

15 Section 127(3) continues to apply to agreements made before 6 April 2007.

• a copy of the latest variation given in accordance with section 82(1)

of the Act relating to each discrete term of the agreement which has

been varied, or

• a clear statement of the terms of the agreement as varied in

accordance with section 82(1) of the Act.

2.28 Although some creditors have apparently considered it is sufficient to

provide a copy of the current terms and conditions (that is, 'a statement

of the terms of the agreement as varied'), that does not comply with the

requirements of Regulation 7. In Carey v HSBC Bank plc16 there was

detailed analysis of this issue and it was confirmed that 'include' meant

that the documents showing the variations were to be supplied in

addition to a copy of the original agreement.

Given the fact that in all of the CCA requests I have made the creditor has only provided the original and the current T&C's on one occasion this is an important section to stay aware of and the fact we can fall on Carey v HSBC is very useful.

As credit card companies were effectively forced to reduce their charges to no more than £12 to avoid any OFT investigation anyone who has a credit card account that was opened before this change was made (2008 ish?) would need to have the T&C's applicable when the account was opened as well as the newer T&C's that reflect the new charging structure. If there were more differences unilaterally made since then they'd also need a current set of T&C's applicable today.

Basically the older the agreement/application/napkin the better, same as it's always been, but in addition we have a right to receive a full set of T&C's that document the historical changes to the account. Pretty useful.

just cause the oft have a new stance on things it does not make them correct.

the law is still the law.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

if the DN is invalid then they cannot take "the next step" since onlythe failure to remedy a VALID DN can give them that benefit

Thanks DD

I have taken the liberty of sending you a PM.

I hope you can help and don't mind.

Thanks

S.B.

Guest suziedarkness

This is a very interesting post and I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, If a HP agreement was terminated following an obviously dodgy DN and a court case came and went, can you ressurect (sorry cant spell) this and go after HP company?

SD

This is a very interesting post and I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, If a HP agreement was terminated following an obviously dodgy DN and a court case came and went, can you ressurect (sorry cant spell) this and go after HP company?

SD

If the case went undefended in the first place (with good reason ie. defendant didnt recieve the court papers) and judgement was obtained by default you may be able to get a set aside with the dodgy DN as your proposed defence.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Thanks Haggis, unfortunately, its not quite that simple.

SD

No probs. Unfortunately if its not simple im probably the wrong person to be offering advice! :-)

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

WCF are swift as I think we all know. They are also cunning that they will be after getting the car. How much of the actual costs has been paid though? I would think for this amount they will go wizzing to the County Court.

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks