Invalid Default Notices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi BRW

Plenty of valid points raised there and i understand were you are coming from with the idiot guide about people following it blindly and not understanding what they are doing.

The same can be said about much of the litigation that goes on around this site there are people who start litigation and don't know what cpr is, but they get help and they get stage by stage help and more often than not get the result they want.

My point about the acceptance letter is that this is pre litigation and if you get it right at this stage then it has the possibility of stoping it going to litigation.

If it goes to court then at least the paperwork is right for this part.

The basic form of this is two parts

1 accept the rescission

2 tell then that as the contract is over then so are they're rights to process your data

The point you make about not telling them how to put the DN right

most of the company's that we see on here that are issuing the faulty DN are banks building society and credit cards.

these are multi billion pound company's that at the time of writing up the DN didn't pay enough attention to detail when they start to reallies that a faulty DN can be terminal then they are going to pay it a lot more attention

at this point i find it hard to believe that such big company's are going to have some guy surfing the net trying to find out to fix the problem of a faulty DN.

Eureka he finds cag and saves the company.

This is how i think it will go

Bank gets more and more cases going to court on the DN issue,

Bank gets p****d **f calls in the barristers

They research CCA and case law and then come out with a all new DN

WP3

The barristers will get all the info of what is wrong by looking at what has gone thro court .

if you really think that they are going to be looking on cag for the answer to a multi million pound problem and take what you me and every other Jo blogs think then you really are thinking to hard

The reason that the creditors don't particularly care for the accuracy of their DN's is because to them it is all a "numbers game"

the amount of caggers and other sites breeding LIP's to fight them is but a pimple on a dimple on a fleas left ball!!

they send out 10,000 DN's 5,000 people pay up or come to an arrangement out of fear (and because they dont know about sites like this)

4750 dont respond because they are skint and the creditor goes on to get a CCJ by default

250 are caggers and the like

until the odds shift considerably against them, i venture to suggest they are quite happy with these odds!!

The reason that the creditors don't particularly care for the accuracy of their DN's is because to them it is all a "numbers game"

the amount of caggers and other sites breeding LIP's to fight them is but a pimple on a dimple on a fleas left ball!!

they send out 10,000 DN's 5,000 people pay up or come to an arrangement out of fear (and because they dont know about sites like this)

4750 dont respond because they are skint and the creditor goes on to get a CCJ by default

250 are caggers and the like

until the odds shift considerably against them, i venture to suggest they are quite happy with these odds!!

I agree with that Dicky

It is only when the snowball grows that they will do something about it exactly what happened with bank charges

If the CMC start pushing faulty DN then it wont be long before a faulty DN becomes an endangered species

at this point i find it hard to believe that such big company's are going to have some guy surfing the net trying to find out to fix the problem of a faulty DN.

Eureka he finds cag and saves the company.

WP3

You will be surprised.

CAG has done more to educate some of these companies than their in house training programme in respect of the CCA.

Will copies of DN's be shown in a Subject Access Request?

I have had Formal Demands for the full amounts for two BC accounts but have not been sent any DN's (or if I have, they've been lost in the post....they would have been sent around the time of the postal strike late last year).

BF

I have had Formal Demands for the full amounts for two BC accounts but have not been sent any DN's (or if I have, they've been lost in the post....they would have been sent around the time of the postal strike late last year).

BF

Hi Basil,

I don't believe they keep copies of them from what I have read on others threads.

Couldn't agree more BRW.

There is already an 'idiots guide' if the donut banks/DCAs could be bothered to read it (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices Regs 1983) but apparently some of the words are quite long so they don't bother :)

M

BF

It's more likely that you will get a copy of a template of a DN which was supposedly sent out, and a copy of a screenshot on a PC confirming when it was issued and by whom. Actual copies of DNs sent out are rarely kept.

M

they should be in a reply to a SAR if you have asked for all information held on you, but company's are very selective on what they think they can get away with sending, different company's send out different info in they're reply but i don't think any company sends it all.

DNs should also be in CCA requests where they are mentioned in T&Cs when borrower is in default.

Would you mind popping over to my thread for advice on a DN that's not a DN :confused:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/81907-mbna-ding-ding-round-10.html#post2743043

I would like opinions on a 'Defaulted Acc' (no prescribed terms on CCA) but no DN actually sent or received.

Thanks so much :)

Can anyone help please?

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

they should be in a reply to a SAR if you have asked for all information held on you, but company's are very selective on what they think they can get away with sending, different company's send out different info in they're reply but i don't think any company sends it all.

That's why when you send the SAR, you specify that you want everything, including DN, CCA etc.

Anything they don't send, you ask once more then complain to the information commissioner.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks