MET Parking Charge Notice Mcdonalds Stansted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kingsnake explain to him or show him this thread.

This is a contract and as such means that they can only claim damages for losses. They haven't lost anything so can claim nothing. That is the law.

These really are just fraudulent letters your dad is getting just like the ones from Nigeria say you have won 25 million.

It is intimidation and demanding money with menaces.

As for bailiffs, only courts can order bailiffs. This hasn't been to court and wont go to court.

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have just gone through the MET process with four letters from the PPC, one in the guise of their Debt Collectors and two in the guise of their solicitors. They have now taken to phoning and have been invited to proceed with the threatened court proceedings. They have declined this step

There is no chance of them taking it to court as they know as do I that they are going to loose and they are not in this racket to lose money

Your Dad is on the threshold of becoming a victim of mugging by a bully and the only way to deal with this is to ignore everything

Show him all the threads here on the various PPC's.

The only time they go to court is when they know there is a chance they will win because the victim has been indiscreet

You will note the expression 'the peppipoo challenge' (after another forum)is used quite often and this is that the PPC take a randomly selected motorist to court and win - so far they have not done this becasue they already know the outcome

All correspondence, phonecalls should be ignored. Only thing that would ever need answering are properly served court papers clete with claim number and court seal. PPC's are known to send out fake ones when all else has failed.

If your Dad really has cash to spare then think of all the charities eg Sally Army, help the aged etc. that desperately need money especially at this time of year.

These scumbags do NOT need his charity

I stopped at McDonalds (Stansted) for a cup of coffee whilst waiting for a relative to arrive at the airport. When she telephoned to say she was ready to be picked up I left the car park. She said she wanted something to eat so we returned to McDonalds for a meal. I now have a PCN from MET Parking Services stating that I contravened the 'No Return within 90 minutes' policy and have been fined £50.00. I have read all the comments by people in a similar position and have taken no action towards paying the fine so far but I did e-mail McDonalds Customer Services Dept for support. Their reply gives none! Apparantly I should have cleared my 'early return' with the restaurant manager. Do the car park notices say that?

Apparantly I should have cleared my 'early return' with the restaurant manager. Do the car park notices say that?

Bet it wouldn't have made any difference to you getting a scamvoice or not though. McD usually claim they have no control over who gets ticketed or not, so why do they suddenly claim they could've stopped this one?

first read the rest of the many posts re these clowns

IT IS NOT A FINE its a invoice ,

total hogwash you should have asked permission

ignore anything they send and stop contacting them

you can complain to the McDee ( may well be a waste of time though) , ask them do they want your custom or not and tell them about the rubbish you have been told, and ask McDee since when did they have a policy you cant return to their shop within 90 minutes ??? and tell them the PPC is their agent, acting on there behalf and they have a legal responsibility for the PPC's action, demanding money under a faulse pretense

McDonalds employ them so it is also their responsibility

Complaining to them is frustrating as they just pass the blame onto MET and the head turd at one local establishment (- sorry I mean 'manager') just states that 75 minutes is more than enough time to eat what they pass off as a meal and depart.

Unfortunately when you have several kids to feed and who then want to go on to the thoughtfully provided McD's swings and slides 75 minutes is a short time thereby making certain that they catch a good number of customers, probably mostly Mums and Dads with kids.

It is called ENTRAPMENT

All correspondence should be treated with contempt it deserves - i.e. IGNORED

Yep - their standard response.

Evil thought of the day - visit after closing hours suitably disguised and post some cockroaches through the letter box which are easily obtained from pet suppliers for feeding lizards etc and a few hunderd of these lttle devils scampering around looking for food should cause some consternation for the reptile that runs this establishment when they open in the morning. To add to the fun an anonymous phone call to the public health authrorities early the following morning should help ensure the place looses a morning's or more business and maybe the message will get across. :D

Edited by citizenB
Edited post

Just received this lame response from McCrappies about there parking [problem] company

As McDonalds position remains the same, so should yours, ignore them and their ridiculous PPC, and don't spend anymore money at McDonalds.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I notice the reptile in McD's Customer services only gives the premium rate number - cheaper to use either 0208 700 7500 or 0208 700 7505

Kingsnake - It is a free carpark for customers so overstaying equates to a loss of zero and it is not worth their while taking you (or your dad) to court for this princely sum

As 'letshelp' says it is better to ignore both MET and McD's however tempting it is to bait them

You keep lizards - interesting - we may bump into each other one dark night visiting the establishment in question with our bags of beasties :D

The door of the restaurant may well be under 24 hour video surveillance especially in a retail park. Its outside and public, not like say the toilets where you have an expectation of privacy and they can't video.

Hi All

Recieved the final letter as you predicted and have heard nothing since. I never contacted macdonalds or the parking company and ignored but kept all their requests for payment.

So thanks for your help and if anyone else is worried, the advice on this site is accurate, ignore it all and it goes away. The only problem I had was due to the fact that all the letters were addressed to my wife and she was worried but its all worked out fine

Anyway, I was talking to him last visit, and he said that his employers are livid because the revenue has dropped so much recently, due mainly to this site, and advice given by that radio money man, Martin wotsisname

So turn the screws a bit more ladies and gents, it's hurting them!!

Just confirmed what we already knew! :D

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

Anyway, I was talking to him last visit, and he said that his employers are livid because the revenue has dropped so much recently, due mainly to this site, and advice given by that radio money man, Martin wotsisname, [not popular with us, because he also encourages people to sack window cleaners and do it themselves]

So turn the screws a bit more ladies and gents, it's hurting them!!

Sam

The PPC's are certainly feeling the pinch and aware that forums like this are causing that to happen. I thought you might to see this quote from the website of a PPC called PCN-UK:-

Q: I have been on some online internet forums and read that this isn’t legal and now I will not pay?

A: That’s fine PCN-UK operates fully within the law and the BPA standards. The company management has over 35 years of experience in this business. People on internet forums are nobodies who don’t have a life and like to get people into trouble by giving them incorrect advice. This year alone we have had over 35 legal cases taken to court and each case we have won due to our legal systems in place. If you don’t want to pay that’s fine, but just expect more costs and visits from our bailiffs.

Complete lies of course. There doesn't seem to be even one court case from these particular [problematic].

well they got 1 thing right

Disabled Badge holders/Blue badge scheme does not apply to any private off street car parking

but still more waffle Ballifs before court , oh dear

Your details are passed onto our debt collections company and they will pursue the debt using the civil justice system. You may get a visit from our bailiffs to recover the debt or a court may issue a CCJ and/or authorise warrants to be issued for recovery of these debts by bailiffs.

talk about making things up

Q; Bailiffs visited my home today can I appeal or discuss the matter with PCN-UK LTD?

A: No, it’s to late please contact them direct as they now manage the issue

hears a classic

£15.00 fee for failing to park in a marked bay or parked within a disabled bay

err dint they say @ the start blue badges dont work on private property

and talk about them breaking the law if they see you again

Failure to pay your ticket after the 28 days will result in your details being passed onto our debt collections company who will either visit your home to collect payment or they will issue a County Court Summons to appear in a local Court for a subsequent appearance. You the driver may not be the registered keeper but that does not matter as the owner's vehicle was involved in the trespass and damages will be pursued through them. In the meantime your registration number is recorded and should you enter any one of our sites in the meantime your vehicle will be clamped and may be towed and impounded until debt satisfaction. If you cannot pay the debt your car may be seized and sold to pay the outstanding debt. We keep all details of outstanding debt until they are paid in full. This is not theft it’s a civil debt.

I hope anyone conned by this crowd report them to the OFT and Trading Standards, or indeed anyone can report them

oh and they claim they can collect debt's cant see they are licenced to do so

Edited by kiptower

They even have the BPA logo on their website even though they are not registered with that organization. I have reported them to the BPA who have have told me they have requested it be removed.

There are a couple of threads about PCN-UK running on the MoneySavingExpert website. If you care to look you will see even more breaches of the law by these clowns.

One of their "victims" even posted an image of the note pushed through their door by PCN-UK's debt collectors. Take a look at this:-

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lvy3bb.jpg

Wow, since when did the DVLA increase the charge to £12?!

And, of course it's not a "fine", it's not a "warrent" and they aren't proper bailiffs. You can see the sort of thickos who run that company, they think Bridgend is in England.

Edited by DBC

Just to clarify for any newbies reading this thread.

Bailiffs collect fines or judgements on behalf of an authorised body such as HM Court.

If a company/person took someone to court, won the case and the defendent did not pay up in the time specified then and only then can Bailiffs get involved. The company/person would have to return to court and seek to get the judgement enforced. At that point the bailiffs would get involved.

So despite the claims of PCN-UK, until a dispute reaches the point mentioned above any Bailiff or Bailiff firm will be acting as a Debt Collector. Debt collectors have the same powers as you or I do to collect a debt. They cannot force entry to your property or distress any goods.

There are multiple breaches of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 on the website (BPA logo, misleading/incorrect information etc) - someone should definitely report them to Trading Standards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll repost my thoughts on PCN-UK from the MSE boards.

I cannot see how they can behave like this and expect to stay in business.

They clearly read these forums, since they updated their website based on posts here and elsewhere just before Christmas.

As much as I hate to say it, the majority of PPCs are fairly civil in comparison to the reported antics of this mob.

What is their motivation for acting in this way?

Perhaps I'm trying to read too much into their behaviour, but it just doesn't add up!

It almost seems to be a reincarnation of an old friend of ours by the name of Matthew....

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

Debt collectors have the same powers as you or I do to collect a debt. They cannot force entry to your property or distress any goods.

...or take anyone to court because the debt isn't even theirs anyway.

They even have the BPA logo on their website even though they are not registered with that organization. I have reported them to the BPA who have have told me they have requested it be removed.

There are a couple of threads about PCN-UK running on the MoneySavingExpert website. If you care to look you will see even more breaches of the law by these clowns.

One of their "victims" even posted an image of the note pushed through their door by PCN-UK's debt collectors. Take a look at this:-

http://i46.tinypic.com/2lvy3bb.jpg

That document is a smoking gun !! With more bullets in the magazine :) How can they be that daft. I am amazed.