MET Parking Charge Notice Mcdonalds Stansted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a MET Parking ticket for apparently, overstaying my welcome by 10 mins. I arrived earlier than my wife and kids, waitind for them and then we had food (around £20 worth) and 2 weeks later I get a £50 fine. The silly thing about it was that it was in the winter and it was at night and had not noticed the signs otherwise I would have been more careful. The signs are pretty high up and not easily visible if you are looking out for someone. Anyway, this happened in March and now I am at the stage or receiving letters from "Debt Recovery Plus Limited" where they are threatening me with solicitors and courts which would amount to £255 unless I pay the £150 within 7 days.

I have followed the advise on this forum to ignore them but slightly concerned how far they will take it.

Has anyone been served a letter from Debt Recovery Plus?

Any feedack would be welcomed.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone been served a letter from Debt Recovery Plus?

Any feedack would be welcomed.

So what? That's just another empty threat. You won't be "served" a letter from them. What will happen is that a bunch of private citizens, with no special powers,(i.e. a debt recovery company) will post a letter to you. Just keep ignoring.

IS all the advice here DON'T PAY MET, NO MATTER WHAT?

Just to explain: I got a notice for outstaying my welcome in the carpark of McD's at Stansted. I hadn't seen the signs and went into the restaurant to get "a meal and a drink" whilst waiting for my husband to arrive on a flight that, unbeknown to me before I left home, was delayed by the French Air Traffic Controller's strike. I went to sit in my car whilst I ate so that I could leave instantly if he texted to say he was at the Pick Up point. Apparently, according to the photographic evidence, I overstayed my welcome by 17 minutes (although I did drive in and out of that car park twice) but I can't be sure of the timings.

Unfortunately I appealed by email but they now say I have to pay. I am already over the stated payment date in the letter and am worried about what will happen next.

Any advice please?

As an update on two postal tickets from MET(Autumn 2009). ignored all their reminders/threats and don't take phone calls unless I know the caller - perhaps they tried to call, who knows..

All gone away, clearly they gave up. Huge thanks to the people who offered expert advice on here;)

Cheers.

good news for ya, but do pass the word on tho everyone you know about the [problem]

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

• 4 weeks later...

The advice on this site has been great, although I'm ignoring these notices on behalf of my other half, and she takes a bit more convincing.

Just recieved a threatening letter from http://debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/ , after around 5 or so reminders, so it appears they are using different companies.

I can't say I'm surprised that what seems like a genuine company would be willing to take these jobs on, knowing they have no legal standing. Seems that these claims/compensations based firms are popping up everywhere.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I received a letter from MET parking recently after receiving letters previously about how charges have increased (Latest total £255) and threats of bailiffs where they have considered my case and are will to drop the charge to £150 if I pay within 10 days. I have naturally ignored it as I thought how can they negotiate on something they are considering as being illegal.

Has anyone else experienced one of these letters?

Tony

I received a letter from MET parking recently after receiving letters previously about how charges have increased (Latest total £255) and threats of bailiffs where they have considered my case and are will to drop the charge to £150 if I pay within 10 days. I have naturally ignored it as I thought how can they negotiate on something they are considering as being illegal.

Has anyone else experienced one of these letters?

Tony

Yes, the usual discount that shows how desperate they are now getting. Carry on ignoring.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

The advice on this site has been great, although I'm ignoring these notices on behalf of my other half, and she takes a bit more convincing.

Just recieved a threatening letter from http://debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/ , after around 5 or so reminders, so it appears they are using different companies.

I can't say I'm surprised that what seems like a genuine company would be willing to take these jobs on, knowing they have no legal standing. Seems that these claims/compensations based firms are popping up everywhere.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I have a copy of the letter if anyone would like me to attach.

Can I attach it on here?

Edit, worked it out. Should be attached.Debt Recovery edit.jpg

Edited by joey_t

Thats strange, the actual image is at full resolution, just came up small on here. Did I read something about mod's have to approve attachments? Maybe its that.

Anyway, one of the sentences was something along the lines of "Do not ignore this, for a list of CCJ's succesfully issued see http://debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/ccj/ "

To me thats is just a list of names, with a reference that doesn't mean anything to me. Even if they are genuine CCJ's, there is nothing to say it was for recoving debts on behalf of private parking firm.

I completly un-bothered about their claims. Just makes me angry at the crap they use to trick people out of cash.

DRPL offers a ‘No Collection - No Fee' recovery service for your unpaid Parking Tickets. We collect on behalf of many of the UK's leading Parking Management Companies and are responsible for thousands of payments per week. We have a tailored process which has evolved over the past 6 years, to become an efficient and highly effective collection procedure, which produces industry leading results and brings every case to a conclusion.

Brings every case to a conclusion - yep absolutely correct - conclusion means it has ended which can be either success or failure - meaningless

The list is meaningless as it does not tell you what they were being chased for

MET does not do court - personal experience

Ignore works well and with the current round of scamvoices am up to the red reminder at £150.00 with the DC letter expected any day. It costs me nothing to file them in the drawer with all the rest

i cant believe these cowboys are still teaming up with McDs, Similar thing happened to me at a different McDs, they will try and scare you into paying, be firm dont pay.

See my complete thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?164687-Parking-Ticket-while-at-McDonalds-Drive-Thru&p=1770656&highlight=#post1770656

Hello all,

Having received a parking charge notice from MacDonalds Boreham, i was a first shocked and then i looked on this forum and watchdogs U tube,and decided to take the advice of others and ignore it, however i was due to return to the same place yesterday and took the notice and other print out off the net with me. Macdonalds have taken to displaying notices about the it being necessary to impose time limits, also on the notice is says "if you are in a large group and require additional time for your visit please speak to the duty manager who will be more than happy to help" this i did, having spoken to staff and they are just as unhappy about having to deal with Met as we are, saying they dont get any income from it, I said well sadly it impacting on their reputation, and there customers.They suggested that customers write to head office, as this macdonalds are not in favour of Met either.

i am not sure what they call a large group , but i was arranging to met friends who my daughter stays with and it an equal distance for both families, so we try to arrive at same time but can't rely on traffic etc for one or both of us not to be late by 15mins or so

Result Anyway the manager took note of my name phone number, email and car reg, and promised to sort it out. today have had email and phone call saying the parking charge has been cancelled

so i have nothing but praise for the staff at Boreham interchange macdonalds.

Perhaps this is a new policy following their recent appearance on 'watchdog' to make them more public friendly. Guess this would make MET a nuisanace to McD's but the knock on effect is italso makes them a nuisance to the rest of us who have to make aditional trips to the recycling bin ;)

The head idiot that runs the gatwick one was less than co-operative as was McD's head office earlier in the year when a member of my family fell into their trap. Luckly I knew of the [problem] through previous encounters with other PPC's so went the ignore route and after the inevitable junk mail they went away

• 1 year later...

I think the onus is on MET to prove , 1. vehicle was there, 2. Who driver was. Personally I would respond saying I have no knowledge of this and request any evidence they have with reference to vehicle and driver. If they continue to send demands without the relevant info then it becomes harassment and threaten them with this.

It's all bull and nothing to do with appearing friendlier. Do you think that this parking company just turned up out of the blue and decided to administer the car park? No, they are there because McDonalds wrote to them and gave them a contract to do so.

So McD must take 'all' the bad press and dissatisfaction on their own shoulders, none of that can be passed on to the parking company.

The parking company creates bad press, but McDonalds owns it.

sb118 has the answer.

• 6 years later...

hi everyone,

I have recently received a parking charge notice from MET stating that my taxi was parked stationary OUTSIDE the Mcdonals service station near to Stansted Airport. I must admit that I stopped outside the service station to take the customers call to communicate with them where to meet me at the airport.

That only took no more than 5 minutes for sure. I tried to contact MET but they are only interested in taking the payments over the phone and nothing else.

I have been refusing to pay then so far But now they have referred me to a DEBT RECOVERY company which they keep sending letter to me or keep calling me to pay them £160.00 or they will take me to the court.

Anybody can please help me why to do??