Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great news and well done.

You now have a lot lf legal knowledge on this - more than most lawyers and judges. Many posters are in the same position as you with cr*p agreements and banks trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Why not help them even if it is only to refer them to your thread? There is nothing better to encourage the others than to see success.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all , i dont think crap1 don't know what they are doing ! The account is disputed, ive asked ellie if she has sent a dodgy cca and my web access to their site restricted.

today i recieved a....

credit card :confused:

Did they send a fully compliant agreement with prescribed terms for you to sign:p

That'll be the responsible lending side of Cap1 coming out to play:)

They get quite upset if you challenge them on this 8-)

Hi sunflower & other crap1 fans

just had to tell you all about my letter from Red this morning I quote, "after reviiewing the account Cap1 is prepared to take a commercial view and as a guesture of goodwill are prepared to discontinue this matter".

Balance outstanding on the letter 0.00

:D

not to be cynical but I do wonder how long it will be before I hear from someone else but at least I have this nice letter to send anyone who tries again.

This sounds like very good news. Keep the letter safe and send a photocopy to any DCA who might try their luck in the future.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey flintstones

I had a look at your Cap1 thread to see how you got this result (well done btw!), but it seems like you just sent the standard stuff then it all went quiet?

Did you have to do anything in particular, or did they really just bend over like that?

Lexis:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I have had 3 (at last count) reconstructed 'credit agreements' from Crap One. The first was an 'example of the one you'll get', the next was 'the agreement like the example', the third was a whole new one. Unfortunately, the only one I signed was the original application form.

Last I heard from them was a default notice. Which they 'kindly' offered to do last year if I couldn't increase the monthly payments.

I have repeatedly asked them about 'Verity Billson' - I think it's a made-up name. To me it sounds like a joke name - as in 'verity' = truth, 'billson' = bills? 'True bills'?:p

I don't have time to tackle them now, but as you know I live in Notts. Capital One is just a bus ride away, if anyone wants a picnic there.;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177695-cap-1-cca-enforceable.html

Hi lexis, didn't do anything other than as you say send the standard letters and point out that the paperwork sent was incorrect. :eek:

However I dont kid myself that this is really the end I'm sure that I'll hear from another DCA further down the dung heap. :-| The good thing is that I now have this nice letter saying debt has been wrote off and as its not on my credit file I don't to try & get anything removed which appears to be a much more difficult process and one I'm about to embark on for my OH & robbers way.

It never ends..

• Haha 1

Well I can honestly say I'm really pleased that you have not had all the hassle that a lot of people have to get the same result:)

It's lovely to read when there's a success - particularly when you haven't been driven to despair in the process.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this is the end of the matter; although quite how they'd backtrack from that letter I don't know!

Lexis:)

• Haha 1

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177695-cap-1-cca-enforceable.html

Hi lexis, didn't do anything other than as you say send the standard letters and point out that the paperwork sent was incorrect. :eek:

However I dont kid myself that this is really the end I'm sure that I'll hear from another DCA further down the dung heap. :-| The good thing is that I now have this nice letter saying debt has been wrote off and as its not on my credit file I don't to try & get anything removed which appears to be a much more difficult process and one I'm about to embark on for my OH & robbers way.

It never ends..

Hi be carefull:-o that happened to mine cap1 removed it from my file sold it to lowells :mad:then lowells have put it back on my file:mad: i have written to CRA they have written back saying they are investigating i am not holding my breath

• Haha 1

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that as promised to "Ellie" on Friday if she didn't return my call, I have just made my complaint to the FOS who will be writing to them today. Obviously I have to send in my paperwork too.

My complaint was that I have repeatedly asked for the original CCA, written asking questions, quoting Schedules, Sections, Regs., and everything is just answered by a computer-generated letter which is not relevant to me, and my issues are just ignored. I said I couldn't see the point of writing any more letters to them, as clearly no-one was reading them anyway.

He said Capone would have to send a final response, and we know what that will be, so obviously I will be going straight back to FOS.

DD

• Haha 1

Hi desperate Daniella!

I did it! LOL i rang that number! LOL but like you only got her voice mail!I am not very good with answer machines so dont know how clear i came across!probably a bit garbled! LOL! I stated my account number and name and said i was ringing about letter about my cca request and i was not happy with it and had mentioned it in letter that i wanted an appointment to view it!:Dand ! could she contact me about it!I then rang back switchboard and asked when ellie would be available,I got a young lad who said he was only the switchboard operator and was there anyoneother names i wanted to speak too! surprise surprise!

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I rang and got her voicemail as well!

Good on you! I expect Ellies voice mail getting 0verloaded!:Dshe will be there for several days listening to all our messages!I got the impression the switchboard operator was getting quite used to putting ellie call through to Elllie now!I was probaly the thousanth request as i thinik a lot of us in Crap One fan club want to take DD s suggestion! :D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

:D

I think Loo is going to call her too!

FOS could be worth a call too. They were very nice, and although the guy didn't say it, I got the impression that capone are one of their "regulars".

DD

Hi DD!

i got the impression that Fos would not be very helpful in cca problems.When you complain by phone to FOS what are you required to do? i suppose you will make a copy print of all the responses they sent about CCA? plus the alleged back and front of alleged cca?

I have had 3 (at last count) reconstructed 'credit agreements' from Crap One. The first was an 'example of the one you'll get', the next was 'the agreement like the example', the third was a whole new one. Unfortunately, the only one I signed was the original application form.

Last I heard from them was a default notice. Which they 'kindly' offered to do last year if I couldn't increase the monthly payments.

I have repeatedly asked them about 'Verity Billson' - I think it's a made-up name. To me it sounds like a joke name - as in 'verity' = truth, 'billson' = bills? 'True bills'?:p

I don't have time to tackle them now, but as you know I live in Notts. Capital One is just a bus ride away, if anyone wants a picnic there.;)

Another crap one fictional character! LOL to put fear in us Crap one victims!:D

Great news and well done.

You now have a lot lf legal knowledge on this - more than most lawyers and judges. Many posters are in the same position as you with cr*p agreements and banks trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Why not help them even if it is only to refer them to your thread? There is nothing better to encourage the others than to see success.

Hi Pelham!

Hopefully as more and more people getting to know about CAG and thus their rights about the unenforceable CCA issue in these awful credit crunch times and know they can challenge these agreements in court hopefully more and more judges aand courts will eventually get more knowledgeable about these issues!

• Haha 1

Hello ladies :)

I am hopping mad with Capital One :mad:

Received final response letter now. They wont remove default even though it comprises £25 penalty charges and wont budge.

They told me the offer still stands of part payment towards charges and told me I can complain to Financial Ombudsman.

Right.. my questions.. will the FOS make them take the default off and refund the charges?

I am more concerned about the Default. As this one was done only a few months ago.. which means another 6 years of blackened name!!!!!

This company is so freaking incompetent.

My final response was from Ruchir Gaur... no doubt the Tea boy in the 'executive office' :!:

You dont have to accept there offer you can always go back with your own offer on ur own terms.

Do u have a cca and have u sar'd them?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Unfortunately I've been paying them. I've been on a DMP with CCCS but I've just come off that to go it alone after a disagreement with them (when they refused to stop paying a couple of creditors who are in CCA default). CCS will make a payment on 1st March on my behalf, and that's when payments will stop.

Ironically, they did put the Robbers Way payment on hold for me; I haven't paid them for three months but unfortunately a payment will go to them on 1st March :(