Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there. The guys here know what they're doing, you can trust them.

Just to add a little to what's been said, you will get a series of letters that are dressed up to look ever more scary and threatening, called threatograms here. If you get spooked by them, and people do, come back here for a pep talk. There's a link somewhere here to another thread that shows the letter trail in advance, although I'm not sure they're Parking Eye ones.

My best, HB

Thank you for being there. Was getting terribly worried though I knew I had paid for sufficient time on the ticket in Walsall in August and had written twice to affirm this. I was beginning to weaken at the increasing menace of the letters as I had not retained the parking ticket or shop receipts and the threats had begun whilst I was away from home so were already up to £110. I was just checking their website calling up Parking Eye when I got this thread. I had already had conflicting advice from the RAC and the duty policeman I had contacted to ask re this firm. The latter said they were bullies and I should just ignore them; the former thought I would need documentary evidence. This thread has convinced me I should just collect the said standard escalating letters until they cease and then send them to the paper waste.

Now feel confident this is the right step so thanks guys- I:high5::high5::high5::lalala: love you.WW

As you have found, the average policeman has scanty knowledge of contract law.

To be fair to this policeman, it was he who said they were bullies if I read WorriedWell's post right

Yes, the duty policeman gave me the best advice and said the firm sounded dodgy; it was the RAC legal adviser who said I would require documentary proof. My punctuation is always a bit lax when emailing-sorry!

One thing does everybody else save their windscreen tickets and coffee bills?

I began to think I had been imprudent.

WW

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a phone call from the wife saying she has had a letter through from these clowns when she parked at our local Aldi. Something didnt ring true when she read it to me so being a hmm hmm modern man i googled it :) and hey presto i found many similar people who are having the same problem. I think i will keep checking back here and will keep you updated with developements im going to completely ignore them and cant wait to have a good chuckle at the letters !!!

Thanks to everyone on here who has offered up there advice its been a great help, and as a footnote i think i know why Aldi are associated with this company ......THE READIES !!!!!

hi, thanks very much. There getting nothing from me .....Your name vill alzo go on de list :) I think more people need to be made aware of this and I think Aldi should be held accountable for contracting them in.

I think they just see it as a cash-cow so that they can intimidate and con people out of hard earned money !!!

Hey people, I'm totally new to this, so, please bear with...

I recently received a notice from Parking Eye. I had parked in riverside retail carpark in Chelmsford Essex, for 4 days consecutively. Starting to think I had been lucky not being issued a ticket (I had seen the 2 hour max stay sign so but was told by a work colleague that the office I was working on had allocated spaces there, this wasn't true, allocated spaces were in a small nearby carpark) Bang, a week later and i get one of these threatening letters stating I should pay £80+£30 admin, though it would be reduced to a very modest £50 (note sarcasm) if I paid within 14 days or something. Bearing in mind I parked there for 4 days, I got 4 of these on the trot, do the math and you'll see I'm a little lighter.

Now, as my fine(s) are quite severe, will they decide to make an example of me and send collectors etc?? Or should I ignore these and smile at every letter they scare me with?? Any replies will be much appreciated,

Luke

Just ignore them. As for "sending collectors". Don't confuse debt collectors with proper court bailiffs. Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. they cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken you credit record over an alleged parking ticket. Finally they are not FINES, just invoices.

Just ignore them. As for "sending collectors". Don't confuse debt collectors with proper court bailiffs. Debt collectors are just private citizens with no special powers. they cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken you credit record over an alleged parking ticket. Finally they are not FINES, just invoices.

Ok, I was just a little worried as I did park there 4 days in a row and thought they may make an example of me. Having said that, I saw someone on here had received 35 of these invoices, kinda puts me to shame. Thanks

I saw someone on here had received 35 of these invoices, kinda puts me to shame.

The more the better in my view.

It increases their expectation and therefore disappoints them all the more when they realise you realise!!

But let them work through their system. It's only costing them, not you !

aldi ask for your registration number as you go out of the store and to punch the reg no of your car into their machine, we do this and also always keep our receipt, another aldi store does not have any of this and it does put you off shopping there at all after reading this post.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

just a little tip. If you are in a carpark covered by parking eye or similar and you realize you have overstayed your time, just cover your rear number plate as you leave.i have done this after accidently overstaying by 1hr and it has worked. they have to photgraph you leaving the car park to fine you but if they cannot see your number they cannot prove what car it was.i removed the cover as soon as i left the carpark so i did not break the law(i think) as the carpark is private land therefore not a requirement to show number plates.

I have unfortunatelly been a victim of parking eye.followed advice and ignored.like a bad smell they did go away!

they have to photgraph you leaving the car park to fine you but if they cannot see your number they cannot prove what car it was.

but next time you drive into that car park and maybe stay for only a few minutes, you'll probably end up with a letter from them stating they want paying coz you appear to have been there 283 days 4 hours 53 minutes and 12 seconds! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi crem (and all)

Firstly I have to say that I had read through all the posts and came to the last one from crem, which tickled me enough to register and post an item!

I too have just received my first ParkingEye PCN letter, £80 to be paid by 17/11/11 or.....£50 if paid by 02/11/11 or.....£110 if there is a delay in payment, for staying 3 hours 55 mins in a 3 hour zone.

Now, before reading this site, I may have felt threatened enough by the official looking letter to produce that 'knee jerk' response of paying up immediately, but being semi-intelligent i did what all of you very intelligent people did, googled it and found this wonderful site (thank you guys xxxx). I now feel secure in ignoring the letter (and the ones to come).

It does annoy me though that I was parked in a very large retail park with 30 plus retail outlets to choose from (i'm female of course i'm going to look in every one before going back to the first shop i went in!!!!).....but if the retailers want us to spend our hard earned money with them....WHY oh WHY do they insist on only allowing 3 hours parking and using a rip off firm of bandits to try and enforce it.....Grrrr!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work and I will spread the word x

Unfortunately the retail outlet has fallen for the story peddled by the parking company that they need to have their car-park "managed" when, in fact they are offering a solution to a non-existent problem.

This is the same line peddled by the British Parking Association which says that PPCs "stop unauthorized parking and trespass". In fact, most "tickets" are issued to motorists who are invited to park on that land because they are customers of the supermarkets and shops, and then fall foul of the artificial silly rules invented by the parking company. Your case is a perfect example - 30 shops with just a three hour limit. That's just silly

Edited by DBC

Hello.

A ParkingEye Parking PCN landed on our doormat recently. We recently made a visit to a MWSA accessible from both sides of the motorway. We visited twice in one day, but they've decided that we didn't leave and come back but just stayed all day. There's a picture of me driving in, and another of me leaving. They've handily ignored the fact we left, and then came back.

They're looking for £90, £60 if paid promptly.

I have a receipt from a petrol station that shows me to be 45 minutes drive away from the MWSA in question, at a time when they believe I'm parked up there.

I have an appeal letter ready to roll, along with a copy of the receipt.

Do I bother, or am I better ignoring it and not sending any correspondence to them? I assume by sending the appeal and arguing my case, I'm basically admitting that I'm the driver. Do I just sit tight?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Entirely up to you. In Nov 2009 I had a similar situation in a Morrison's car park, with documentary proof I was elsewhere. PE's so-called faultless APNR system alleged I was there for 8 hours. I wasn't going to spend a second of my time entering into pointless correspondence, so just ignored all their threatening letters. I'm still waiting for the court claim.

Do I bother, or am I better ignoring it and not sending any correspondence to them? I assume by sending the appeal and arguing my case, I'm basically admitting that I'm the driver. Do I just sit tight?

You've worked it out. Their 'appeal' process is just another fiction to mislead people into thinking it's a statutory process. Any information you give them is to their advantage not yours.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks