Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kicking myself, I got one of these for parking at a hotel ramada in hatfield had a business meeting.

I HAVE PAID IT :(

Stupid question but can I get my money back?

I am afraid there is no way of getting that money back. Just look upon it as an expensive lesson, but at least you won't make the same mistake twice now you know the truth about this and other private parking companies.

Hi guys

This is just an update as promised. P Eye appear to have stopped writing to me after letter3 (increase in penalty charge), I think because I complained by telephone to Aldi with my name and address (but no comment on the driver's identity and I provided no documentation to them). Overall I think the standard advice to ignore the clowns completely is best and under no circumstances appeal or admit.

x

v

Evening all.

I too received a PCN from parking eye a few weeks ago and have followed the advice and ignored but unlike the above posts I have now received a letter/phone call from roxburge debt collection and today received a letter from Graham White solicitors re a notice of intended litigation.

The original PCN has grown to 158.00 including various charges and this new letter states this is the first step before proceedings are issued in the county court and additional costs of 210.00 will be added to the original amount. It then spiels on about judgement orders/ warrants of execution to remove goods to be sold at auction/credit rating etc.

Should I still continue to ignore because the whole thing is starting to feel like a bit of a weight on my shoulders.

Thanks.

Should I still continue to ignore because the whole thing is starting to feel like a bit of a weight on my shoulders.

Even the BPA concedes that of 1.8m private tickets issued a year, 31% go unpaid. That's 558,000. We believe the real figures are higher than that.

However, no other business would allow that level of 'default' without doing something about it, unless, of course, they had decidedly dodgy legal grounds to make pursuing in court not only worthwhile in terms of time and effort, but more importantly their chances of winning are virtually nil.

How heavy can a few letters weigh on your shoulders? You decide.

I too have had a "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE TO OWNER" from Parking Eye today, [yet another, how wearisome]

It does make me wonder why they have to tripe it in block capitals, which I believe is supposed to represent shouting - rather strange, when it's sitting on the table, only about two feet away.

As parking appears to hinge on a contract between the driver and whomever, and as I am the registered keeper, then this doesn't seem to be anything to do with me; an unsolicited mail shot, I presume.

No stamped addressed envelope has been enclosed for its return, so I'll wait for them to collect it, [got a feeling it will be a long wait]

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Hi Guys.

The question that first came to my mind on receiving one of these letters was "How is it that these people have access to the DVLA database to retrieve my name and address?" This is information that I thought was private and covered by the Data Protection Act.

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

The Data Protection Act is not a ring of steel around personal data. It does allow for access by third parties, but stipulates that data should only be disclosed for legitimate, legal reasons. It's how those terms are defined which determines who can see your data - and in their wisdom, the powers that be have decided PPCs have fair reason to get your details.

thread now closed

please start your own thread

this is for ref only as its too big now

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks