Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now had 35 of these speculative invoices, 16 from Parking Eye (Hi guys:wave:) Rather sad to say nothing more than silly threatening letters, on the plus side the hamster has enough bedding for the next 12 months.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I have received a parking penalty from Parking Eye. The sign reads Monday 8AM to Saturday 8PM which I interpreted as Monday to Saturday 8AM to 8PM. I paid for 1 hour (7:30PM to 8:30PM). Now they (Parking Eye, NOT the council) have sent me a parking fine saying Total Time in Car Park is 1 hr and 50 mins, Time Allowed is 0 hrs 0 mins, which is not true since I purchased a ticket for 1 hour.I dont know whether to appeal, or to write complaint (if you look at it, they got the time allowed in car park section wrong)Common sense tells me to not bother appealing with "I intended to pay but there was a misunderstanding, etc etc) as i will fall into deaf ears. However I am worried that they might link this to my car and wmay show up on DVLA records.Does anyone know if:i)Parking Eye have successfully sued anyone or sent collectors or have successfully managed to extract moneyii) What is the Worst Case Scenario for me if I ignore all letters?iii) What are Parking Eye capable of?iv) Can Parking Eye affect my DVLA records?I will be really grateful if someone can answer my questions. I am really worried as this will set me back by £120 (£90 fine + £30 admin fees) which I cannot afford. But I do not want to end up paying more PLEASE HELP.

This is not a "fine" it's an invoice you can ignore. They won't send in "collectors" (whatever they are are) and they won't take you to court.

cheers guys. my main concern (and what i meant by DVLA records) what that the car reg maybe linked to the unpaid charges. however i think i'll take your advices and ignore the letters.

i am amazed that they issue such letters when then cant take us to court. just for clarity, can they not take us to court or they tend not to?

They won't take you to court because legally they can only claim for the actual loss suffered by the landowner. In your case this amounts to a couple of pounds. If they claimed anything above that that would be classed as an unfair penalty. Unfortunately it's estimated that about two thirds of motorists just pay up (even though they don't have to). This is because they look at the official looking but meaningless paperwork, get frightened or scared. and pay up without question. So spread the word to everyone you know and tell them that they don't have to pay these private parking invoices.

Hello there. The guys here know what they're doing, you can trust them.

Just to add a little to what's been said, you will get a series of letters that are dressed up to look ever more scary and threatening, called threatograms here. If you get spooked by them, and people do, come back here for a pep talk. There's a link somewhere here to another thread that shows the letter trail in advance, although I'm not sure they're Parking Eye ones.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Does anyone know if: i)Parking Eye have successfully sued anyone or sent collectors or have successfully managed to extract money

Impossible. They can't sue you for this because they made up their own rules - you've not done anything illegal and you haven't hurt them in any way so you've nothing to answer. As for sending "collectors" if anyone claiming to be a "collector" ever turned up, just tell them that they are wasting their time and ask them to go and take a walk in the local pond. What are they going to do then? sulk!

ii) What is the Worst Case Scenario for me if I ignore all letters?

Legally, they could sue you for breaching a contract, and claim about a pound from you - which you can then give them. Realistically, nothing will happen because it's a complete waste of everyone's time, including the court's.

iii) What are Parking Eye capable of?

Irritating people. Tricking them into paying with scary letters.

iv) Can Parking Eye affect my DVLA records?

No way. DVLA records are subject to the data protection act. Parking eye can pay to see them (which is to say, your name and address) but that's all. They are of course wasting their own money!

- so in a nutshell, as said above, you should completely ignore the issue. One day you will realise they haven't posted you a letter for months, and then you'll know they've given up. Meantime, don't worry.

I am new to this forum... so i hope you all would bear with me

I just passed my driving test and took my husbands car to drop my mum at the national express in chorley road Manchester. I parked in a parking eye car park and on the board it clearly stated weekday parking and this was a Sunday---- so i assumed parking was free since it was a weekend.

About 6 days later, we got a letter from parking eye to my husband noting that he parked in their car park for xx mins(less than 30mins) so he has to pay £60 or it would increase to £90 after 14days. I have been worried sick because first of all it was not my husband driving the car but me and secondly the board stated tariffs for weekdays very boldly and i didn't know that was for all week.

I have been reading this thread and most people suggest that they are ignored as they are private. I don't know what to do, should i pay a little like £10 or ignore completely. £60 is just too much, i cannot pay that at all.....

What to you all think? Thanks in advance....

Just ignore them. It's as simple as that.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Do you think i will get into trouble since i didn't pay at all? I am also very concerned for my husband who was not really driving the car...... if you understand where i am coming from.... thanks

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Do you think i will get into trouble since i didn't pay at all? I am also very concerned for my husband who was not really driving the car...... if you understand where i am coming from.... thanks

Parking Eye just send a series of letters from them and then a pet debt collectors, they then cease and go worry someone else. I personally have invited Parking eye to take me to court, they never accepted my challenge! [before the ignore approach]

I just wanted to say thank you to you people for saving me £40

I've just received a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye for outstaying my welcome in Aldi by 16 mins. I cursed myself and prepared to write out a cheque, but thought I'd have a scout round tinternet first, and learned that I don't have to pay this at all !

Brilliant, thanks again.

I've spread the word on Facebook and written a cross letter to Aldi saying I'll now be doing all my shopping at the nearby Asda

(I'm now going to brace myself for the increasingly-threatening letters).

No probs splargoth since my daughter got her first one several yrs ago and is well into 400 now the family always park for free where ever we go. If its council run then buy a ticket for the time your there, but if its a private firm on private land, and parking eye are one of these park for free and ignore their letters. If yr up to 3 letters well done :) only 3 more to come and the threats get worse but trust me they amount to nothing. Once you get to 6 letters ( solicitor ) then you have made it, after that they all go in the bin because you ignored them. Look at the address even the debt collectors are in the same building and guess what so is the solicitor. Pls dont worry and save yr money there are better things you need than lining the pockets of these thieves. :)

If its council run then buy a ticket for the time your there, but if its a private firm on private land, and parking eye are one of these park for free and ignore their letters.

spikes, I trust you are not advocating that people should park without paying in a "pay and display" car park just because it is run by a PPC? CAG does not support failing to pay for parking (when a charge is clearly shown) just because it is not council run.

I don't think for one minute that the majority of subscribers would suggest non payment at pay and display car parks. What needs to be seriously questioned is the methods of enforcement by the private companies who assume the right to impose penalties, they then supposedly conduct their own appeals procedure or fishing exercise as I would prefer to call it. Furthermore, they try and justify their existance by quoting the British Parking Association who in my opinion are nothing more than a front for this [problem] industry.

AGAINST THIS BACKGROUND, I WOULD NEVER GIVE CONSIDERATION TO PAYING ONE OF THESE INVOICES.

From experience if the recipient ignores all THIRD PARTY AGENTS and raises the controversial points surrounding these penalties with the landowners and suggest that they want the issue clarified by a court, they drop them like a stone.

Edited by Crocdoc

Hi guys

I totally agree with croc; their rapacious business model is more 'display and pay' rather than the converse, with the 'pay' being done by a minority of punters, some of whom are recidivist miscreants but the vast majority of whom, ie me, encountered a queue at Aldi checkout. The ethics of the situation are nicely resolved in the voluntary nature of any payment to these bandits; as Father Ted put it, 'This would be an ecumenical question.'

love

vic

Oh so what yr saying crem is that they can sting, big money, some poor un educated folks, ie this forum, for overstaying FREE periods in a car park run by them, but I should not get away with not paying my £1 or two in a car park run by cowboys ????? think not :whoo::whoo::cheer2: My daughter has far exceed my expectations by collecting over 400 now and she is in the Police..... Nice to see she takes after Daddy :peace:

Oh so what yr saying crem is that they can sting, big money, some poor un educated folks, ie this forum, for overstaying FREE periods in a car park run by them, but I should not get away with not paying my £1 or two in a car park run by cowboys

No, what I am saying, as I am sure do all the morally upstanding members of CAG, is that where a parking service is offered, and a reasonable charge rate set for that service (eg £1.00 per hour, pay and display ticket) then that fee should be paid to remain in the car park for an agreed and paid for length of time. If you intentionally park your car in in the carpark and subsequentlly don't pay the fee, then that is theft and would not be condoned by CAG site team nor most of CAG members.

What we as members do support and help fight is where an innocent person is being unfairly victimised for "having one wheel over a white line", or "staying 2 minutes beyond a 2 hour limit in a free car park" etc , etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks