I am a debt collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And thirdly, they're all bloody snooker balls: "Brown", "Green", "White" and "Black". They don't exist! I know, I'm in a silly mood tonight, but that's life. Just found out I don't have cancerous b****x, so after a worrying week I'm getting merry.

Regards to all.

Fred

*hugs* to you...I had the all clear for a breast issue yesterday. Thank god I'm not being hounded by certain DCAs anymore, they would have had a field day harassing me with that one...

NSE, please get yourself out of the industry of misery and shame...

Edited by babybear39
wrong wording

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted an article yesterday about DCAs being in trouble. I wonder if this tripe is part of the DCAs trying to make out that they are not so bad to try to get people to pay? If it is, they are wasting their time here.

I apologise to everyone who has ever had to deal with with a DCA but three times posters hace said the title of the thread is negative/provocative.

Please can you explain why? It's a job title that the OP does. Can I ask just as an aside job titles that would be negative/provocative on CAG(just in case so I don't ask the question again). Thanks.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I apologise to everyone who has ever had to deal with with a DCA but three times posters hace said the title of the thread is negative/provocative.

Please can you explain why? It's a job title that the OP does. Can I ask just as an aside job titles that would be negative/provocative on CAG(just in case so I don't ask the question again). Thanks.

Not just on CAG but I can't think of any instance that the statement "I am a Debt collector" would fill anyone's head with positive thoughts or images.

DCA having no authority, well the company that owns that debt has the legal authority. If you got a dbt from a credit card company, they own that debt and are legally able to collect money for that. If they sell that on (which they are allowed to do) then the legal authority transfers to the new owner. Similarly they can also employ a company to collect on their behalf whilst still legally owning the debt

So they should provide the paperwork when requested then, oops no they dont they rattle some crap about it is our legal right to collect but not our legal right to prove the debt, Your talking fred's balls:)

nse come back with some real gems of wisdom that people can use not wishywashy statements

I think NSE and his mates are probably sat at work having a right laugh at this thread...In between ringing up old ladies to tell them they will loose their house if they don't pay £6.49 that they owe for a copy of readers digest they got sent in 1981....:D

The one thing I will say is...If you are such a reasonable bloke then send confirmation letters to all of your"clients" that you know have unenforceable agreements/ statute barred etc telliing that they are unenforceable..Then maybe they wouldn't have to go through the same thing time and time again..:D

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

I think NSE and his mates are probably sat at work having a right laugh at this thread...In between ringing up old ladies to tell them they will loose their house if they don't pay £6.49 that they owe for a copy of readers digest they got sent in 1981....:D

The one thing I will say is...If you are such a reasonable bloke then send confirmation letters to all of your"clients" that you know have unenforceable agreements/ statute barred etc telliing that they are unenforceable..Then maybe they wouldn't have to go through the same thing time and time again..:D

Maybe Op should re-register under the username of "liesandbollox" 8):-D

apart from the excellent health news,this thread should be closed......

it's a load of old w..k from a DCA troll trying to waste your time

that sounds very familiar somehow....... mmmmmmm

I agreee like I said before this just stinks close it and ban the OP

He/she would only spring up somewhere else... better he posts here than on genuine threads, IMO. :) He/she hasn't done anything to warrant a site ban anyway... as far as I can see, he/she has just expressed opnions that we've found challenging.

He/she would only spring up somewhere else... better he posts here than on genuine threads, IMO. :) He/she hasn't done anything to warrant a site ban anyway... as far as I can see, he/she has just expressed opnions that we've found challenging.

I agree...Free speech and the expression of opinions in a polite manner should be encouraged IMO...I/we may be suspicious of the motives but that is no reason for a ban...I would defend anyone's right to express thier views even if I don't happen to agree with them...

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

i wouldn't imagine at the moment there would be any probability of the OP being banned, he has not broken any of the site rules that I am aware of.

If you believe the thread should be closed, worth PMing a team member... but, to be honest, i don't see a reason to close it yet personally, although I'm guessing we can all see where it is likely to go.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

It's an emotive subject but I'm with Tom on this one. I work with DCAs all the time in my day job and appreciate that the behaviour of many is totally unacceptable but I cannot tarnish them all with the same brush.

Agreed - while many (most) of us don't like to hear what they have to say because it's usually horse manure, there have been some valid points raised by NSE. You don't have to agree with it all.

The only thing that makes me suspicious of this poster is that she(?) won't name the company to protect herself (no problem with that), but there's been plenty of clues in what she's posted that they would have been able to use to identify her, so that makes me wonder if she's a Trojan Horse.

I'll just repost what I said in post #36 - just after I read the thread for the 1st time>>>>

Fraid I'm one of those that won't be taken in by notsoevil's 'friendly, I'm a nice guy' attitude - FOS in my opinion...they all are...Just look at his/her's 1st post..they say "Ask how much the company will accept in a way of full of repayment - or make an sensible offer, most companies will accept this - generally not less then 70%."

If and when Notsoevil returns, he should be made aware that he's not the first on here claiming to be a nice DCA collector and he's all and above board blah blah blah, and I doubt he/she will be the last. But they never stay because there are too many unanswered questions from the likes of me and many others. The only possible use for his/her type on here would be for them to read the forums and learn something..like the laws of this land...Suggesting the debtor get another loan, ffs, that's against OFT guidelines!

I know some of you will be shaking your head in disgust at my post but, like you, I'm allowed my opinion. I'm too much of a hardened campaigner to be taken in by it all...He/She will be gone before you know it, and this thread will be lost amongst all the others like it...

Just hate every DCA out there

I have no problems with DCA employees posting on here. For most of them it's the closest they'll get to living in the real world, and having decent people to talk to.

I think the main reason they're here, is because they're running scared and want to see what we're all up to. If we weren't a problem to them they wouldn't be checking up on us.

This thread is a classic example of why DCA's are hated so much.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/153292-call-serve-bullying.html

Edited by fuzzybobble

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

make an sensible offer, most companies will accept this - generally not less then 70%.

We know most companies will accept around 25%, the advice would be to start with a 10% offer and move up to what you can. If no luck, then leave it and try again. They may be keener next time.

The only thing I ever offer DCA's is a nightmare papertrail of complaints and the OFT slapping them. :D:D:D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Yeah fuzzy I liked the "offer generally not less than 70%" cr*p sort of gives the game away methinks

And that takes the pee big style, as we full well know they pay pennies in the pound for the right to harass people for the full amount.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

We know most companies will accept around 25%, the advice would be to start with a 10% offer and move up to what you can. If no luck, then leave it and try again. They may be keener next time.

I was offered a 25% settlement (£2,500) so I offered £1,500. They said no, so a week later I offered £1,000, then I CCA'd them. Guess what? No agreement, so they got nothing!

They don't know when to quit when they're ahead!:p