Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have some friends in a similar situation and I have told them to get on with finding somewhere to rent so they can get on with their lives. They are both likely to go bankrupt anyway - but what I am anxious to ensure is that the shortfall in the property is included in the bankruptcy if that happens before the repossession, if you see what I mean.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't both parties have to go bankrupt to discharge any liabilities?

If one party went bankrupt, would any shortfall or debt still be considered "alive" and remain as a black mark until cleared?

If the other mortgage holder did not declare themselves bankrupt too then they could still be pursued for the debt for 12 years. I don't believe that Tilly could though which is why I believe she should seriously consider this option.

So if i go bankrupt, but x oh doesnt he gets persued for shortfall,:D and i dont :o must admit that bought a smile to my face how cruel is that :rolleyes:

Tilly you wicked, wicked woman.:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So if i go bankrupt, but x oh doesnt he gets persued for shortfall,:D and i dont :o must admit that bought a smile to my face how cruel is that :rolleyes:

I can hear some fighting spirit coming out ;):p

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Revenge is sweet:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Revenge is a dish best served cold ;) bide your time Tills:)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Nice to have you back. :D xxx

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but bankruptcy is not an automatic right.

ALL things will be considered before a decision is made.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but bankruptcy is not an automatic right.

ALL things will be considered before a decision is made.

I am unsure what you are basing that information on, because to my knowledge since the Enterprise Act 2004, if your debts are greater than your assets the BR is an individuals right.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Not really happy with the position here, and need a bit more clarity. Following possession, ME should obtain a monetary judgement against you and x. Whether you can then discharge your part of the debt through bankruptcy may depend on clarification that your portion of the debt is included, and x is liable for the remainder. Also, can this then be removed at a later date if x doesn't settle?

Hi Tide

I really dont know which im going with BR yet, convo ;) sorry if the bit of banter has

confused everyone on above posts :Cry:

On a brighter note have another viewing tomorrow morning,:D

so maybe by dropping the price again is starting to work,

Tills xx

Not really happy with the position here, and need a bit more clarity. Following possession, ME should obtain a monetary judgement against you and x. Whether you can then discharge your part of the debt through bankruptcy may depend on clarification that your portion of the debt is included, and x is liable for the remainder. Also, can this then be removed at a later date if x doesn't settle?

If Tilly chooses to go bankrupt, then the full shortfall will be inclded in the BR. It is not a case of portions of the debt being put into the BR.

She will no longer be liable for it, however as it is a joint debt ME can still chase her husband for the FULL amount, as he is jointly and severably liable for the whole amount. Bankruptcy does not write off a joint debt, it just means that the person who has taken this route is no longer liable for it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Personally We had that option but did not take it as things changed as weeks went on This could well happen to Tilly.Firstly Tilly needs to either sell or move out if she cant fight repossession. Untill then and as I understand there is no eviction date ( havnt been around much latley fighting battles but back now ) Tills needs to pay what she can on her mortgage relax try to enjoy life a bit because she will need all her fight and strenght when the time comes and then and only then can she decide what is best for her

Tilly-have just read your thread from end to end and have managed to have breakfast and dinner while reading it.Am now on glass of whisky.My god you have been through it.

You gave me support when i went to court for repossesion and i give you my full support whatever you decide to do or what is forced on you.

After reading peoples views on Bankruptcy i have allready decided to go Bankrupt {if allowed}if i fall behind again but i owe over 15000 alltogether.

I also read back in your thread somebody saying put your postcode in and see what propertys are selling for {or not) and was astonished to find30% reductions in my area and still not selling.

You have worked so hard and have found yourself in this position through no fault of your own- it is a moving experiance you are going through.

I personally cannot offer you advice as most of the people who are trying to help you have helped me in the past.What i can say after reading your thread it has helped me in many ways so thats not a bad thing.

It sounds like things are building up to some sort of finalisation and wish you all the best and can only wish you well.I wonder what the true picture is round the country for many families.Will follow your threadclosely .Good health-Tawnyowl

I wonder what the true picture is round the country for many families.Will follow your threadclosely .Good health-Tawnyowl

I accompanied a friend of mine only last week to court in newcastle, apart from her hearing (which thankfully went well) there were another 18 hearings the same day and all were Northern Rock~V~ .......... :(

honey x

Edited by honey5

That's right Honey - repossession hearings are getting busier by the day!:(

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Tawnyowl

Thankyou for your support, i am pleased the thread has been helpfull to you and

hopefully many others, that find themselves in a simular position. I hope everything

goes well for you take care and good luck.

Tilly